how to ruin my favorite game for over 10 years in half an hour.

On 2020-08-28 at 10:16 AM, YORGOS_PB said:

I understand and agree that it was a big mess of a release, I just don't understand the quality of hate I've found so far.
Like, seriously, give it a break, it literally jut released. Flame Squenix all you want if they do nothing in 1 week.

I was also hoping to play with friends but that will have to wait, and it's completely fine. I'm really hoping they fix the game because as much as I love playing solo I want to play with friends.

I'm also surprised by the amount of original solo players, I didn't had the Tingle Cable and it felt like a privilege to play this with friends back in the day

Square Enix, who takes months to fix audio issues in games like one of the FF games on PS4, forget which. I think either X/X-2 or XII. Yeah, you'll be waiting months for this too. They clearly didn't do any playtesting if the game doesn't function properly like any modern online game. And I can't see them drastically altering how the online works through a patch, I think if they were going to improve that they would have done that when building the online.

This isn't an early access release, it's supposedly a final product.

On 2020-08-30 at 3:13 PM, Matrim_Drasgen said:

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but I actually think the multiplayer works for the story. In the story, you are ONE caravan from ONE town. Your caravan can consist of up to eight characters but only four can go into battle. If I take my character and join another caravan, I am joining them on their quest to collect drops for their town. Makes sense I wouldn't progress my caravan's collection, you only get one drop from a tree every two years. Not being able to collect loot? Ok, that is a sham, I should get something or there is no incentive to play with others. Playing dungeons multiple times? You are probably going to do that anyway to collect all the artifacts for either the trophy or just wanting to have the best character you can. Plus, collecting material and gil needed for supplies/equipment upgrade. Trading out after every dungeon completion (especially among four players) would be annoying and time-consuming. Maybe round robin days, each day you have a different host. It is how I do my multilayer. Agreed it is not the best that it could be but on the Gamecube, you had to have multiple GBAs and their special cords to play multiplayer, you only played one file, and I do not know if multiple players could collect artifacts or not. Agreed it is not ideal with the multiplayer or not collecting loot, but it works for how this story exists. I do hope it gets better for you either through a workaround on your part or an upgrade for the game.

I don't care what somebody tries to rationalize it as, the way it works is absurd and doesn't have a place in current year game design. Especially from somebody who isn't just 2 dudes in a basement making their first game and for some reason decided to have online in it.  At least that would make some sense for it not working how you'd expect. Though maybe that's who did the remaster since SE clearly didn't care about it.

If you can't make concessions for quality of life gameplay features, then I don't even know why you play video games at all. You'll never have a game free of various concessions made in order to build a game around it. Uncharted, it doesn't make sense you slaughter thousands and have zero comment on it and it impacts the story not at all. But you make that concession because the game has to have compelling gameplay inbetween the cutscenes and set pieces, and it works as a full package in spite of that. Even action adventure films like Indiana Jones did this stuff. You have to suspend some level of disbelief, and for games that means overlooking silly things like an RPG's urgency 99% of the time meaning nothing. "Oh no, we must stop Evil McEvil from blowing up the Wizard Academy, urgently! The bomb will explode in 30 minutes!" *spends 400 hours playing a card game before getting back to the story*

Gameplay comes first, story concessions always have to be made in order to build gameplay around them. Especially online experiences, Halo comes to mind. Why are there more Spartans in co-op campaigns? Because it's a game first and foremost. There's no reason for this limitation other than SE not feeling like putting effort into this release.

It's a shame, Crystal Chronicles was a unique game that they never got right after the first release. People have been waiting for years for a proper CC game with online co-op again and it looks like we will still have to keep waiting because even them just remastering the original couldn't get us what we want. So a new game that is actually good like the original (haven't played the Wii game) and with online coop that doesn't work like crap is definitely never happening.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

I didn't say one character. I said one caravan for one town with eight members in the caravan and only four of them taking part in the battles. Someone came and helped you on your gamecube, then they played one of the eight members attached to the caravan.  I agree though. They didn't put the work into the game to fix the problems that are obvious with porting a game with local multiplayer to internet multiplayer. However, story-wise, only one of the four internet players collecting a drop from a tree makes sense, is logical, and the way it should be. Better MP connectivity, load times, grouping options/staying group, and collecting artifacts for all players should be fixed.

Yeah in this case I totally agree with you :D

4 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Square Enix, who takes months to fix audio issues in games like one of the FF games on PS4, forget which. I think either X/X-2 or XII. Yeah, you'll be waiting months for this too. They clearly didn't do any playtesting if the game doesn't function properly like any modern online game. And I can't see them drastically altering how the online works through a patch, I think if they were going to improve that they would have done that when building the online.

well while playing the past week i noticed that they fixed several issues serversided. the 5 minute punishment for leaving a lobby after creating it was removed, connectivity got better from day to day.

While I appreciate that, Im still wondering how it is possible, that they announce a game for november19, postpone to january 20 and later to august 20 and still release a game so badly testet if even tested at all before launch. And don't say corona xD

It really feels like they didn't put eny effort in the game and just wanted to milk the 50$ of DLC content...

Edited by AiManiaTrophyhuntres

One of the worst things that still blows me away is the ridiculous load times. I'm half convinced they are monkeying with the load times to make it mobile friendly or something and PS4 has to take the short stick, because the Gamecube could even load faster than this. There's no way the PS4 can have lesser hardware than the Gamecube to not be able to at LEAST load in the same amount of time a GC could... or maybe I'm wrong and the PS4 is inferior to a Gamecube. 

I just hate the load times. I'm so spoiled I guess by the GC version where I can go into a zone and it loads reasonable seconds. Now I feel like even trying to cross a miasma stream takes soooo long because it takes forever to even get loaded in. 

Go away little moogle with your three loading dots! I've had enough of you. >:c

Edit: Also yeah. Finishing a level and then just plopping my Lilty butt down while someone else gets to read some mail while I'm twiddling my thumbs is just sad. Oh well. At least I the other players can "talk" through emotes. Those are pretty fun when we're waiting for the host to read their mail. So it's something, I guess. xD 

Edited by Sword

On 8/30/2020 at 4:26 AM, SnowxSakura said:

Wasn't this how the game originally worked too? If you brought your memory card to a friends house, you could play with them and help them advance, but your own save wouldn't get advanced at all.

Yes, but people just wanna get angry lmao.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Norava said:

Yes, but people just wanna get angry lmao.

I also remember this when i played the game cube version. And remembered the save wouldnt progress in another friends console. So im just face palming at this. Cause its just like the original game just you cant be cheap with the town craft abusing and resource selling to win faster with your friends like you could do on game cube. I also find it funny people are comparing this game to monster hunter when this game came out in 2003 while monster hunter came out in 2004. And its also sad that people complain about replay when you need to replay to obtain artifacts to beat the final boss or your just gonna die alot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dheero17 said:

I also remember this when i played the game cube version. And remembered the save wouldnt progress in another friends console. So im just face palming at this. Cause its just like the original game just you cant be cheap with the town craft abusing and resource selling to win faster with your friends like you could do on game cube. I also find it funny people are comparing this game to monster hunter when this game came out in 2003 while monster hunter came out in 2004. And its also sad that people complain about replay when you need to replay to obtain artifacts to beat the final boss or your just gonna die alot.

This is exactly what my friends and I have been saying. Players are under the impression that the online multiplayer was supposed to function like a local-multiplayer caravan, which would not have been a good idea for a number of reasons. 

And yes, to reinforce what you said, I'm just astounded that people are bitching about the idea of having to replay dungeons if they do, in fact, want everyone in the group to journey through the story together. You HAVE to replay dungeons to farm up artifacts/materials or you're going to get slaughtered later, especially for the new, post-game dungeons.

• Like 1

Square Enix is just a shit company at this point.

If they truly cared I think not only would they have made this game properly working, they would of also re-released their old Final Fantasy titles and Chrono Trigger game with modern support for the PS4/Xbox One/Steam. I wouldn't care if they didn't have platinums, I'd still buy those games just to re-experience them all over again.

Pretty hilarious and sad that they somehow made Final Fantasy XV unobtainable for the 100 percent, the ONLY Final Fantasy game in the entire franchise that you cannot fully finish if you're just starting now. I heard some mixed feelings about Kingdom Hearts III as well.

Once a great company, but really no better than Konami and those other companies who fucked over their playerbase just so they can have more money in their pockets.

Capcom at least re-releases their old games as part of a collection and actually does a decent job in playtesting many of their titles. Apart from the difficulty, I've heard a lot of people praise Devil May Cry V. Resident Evil 2 has gotten a lot of praise. Resident Evil 3.... not so much but then again I'd argue that game wasn't all that popular with the fanbase to begin with.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Spaz said:

They have been on decline for couple years now. It's very unfortunate as it's been one of my most favourite publishers/developers growing up, but that was still during Squaresoft times. 

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Pretty hilarious and sad that they somehow made Final Fantasy XV unobtainable for the 100 percent

Care to elaborate please? Platinum still obtainable otherwise?

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Capcom

They had some lows in last generation but they are on quite impressive rise again with Monster Hunter: World, Resident Evils both new and remastered, new Devil May Cry...

45 minutes ago, Raveniteh said:

They have been on decline for couple years now. It's very unfortunate as it's been one of my most favourite publishers/developers growing up, but that was still during Squaresoft times.

I would argue the last decade. Played some Final Fantasy 13, thought it was junk and returned my copy.

46 minutes ago, Raveniteh said:

Care to elaborate please? Platinum still obtainable otherwise?

You cannot get all the trophies in Final Fantasy XV due to Comrades being delisted. Platinum is still obtainable.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Played some Final Fantasy 13, thought it was junk and returned my copy.

Yeah I didn't get along with the game either, it's hands down the worst FF game in mainline series for me. But I suffered through the platinum and what annoyed me the most is that in last chapter the game opens to a wonderful amazing area and I keep wishing whole game would be like that. 

Guys - they gave us the chance to play with gamers of every kind of console. It's not always about getting the most out of less time.
I am looking forward to play with my niece - she owns a Nintendo Switch. Never had a chance to do this before.

I played the game about 10 times on gamecube when I was a teenage girl.
What's wrong with playing it two or three times together with friends? Choose another race and have fun. It's not even a timeconsuming one.

Todays community is such a bad one.

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

And I completely disagree here.
You are Talking about Square Enix.

There are so many different parts of Square Enix - for all the great games they have out there. Even for Final Fantasy there are different people behind the single games.

Some love Life is Strange, others play Tomb Raider.

Some never tried out Final Fantasy Online, others played FFX ten times in a row.

Some can remember Squaresoft, others have no idea what a Moogle is.

Please, dont do that.

Edited by Belphega2208
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Belphega2208 said:

Guys - they gave us the chance to play with gamers of every kind of console. It's not always about getting the most out of less time.
I am looking forward to play with my niece - she owns a Nintendo Switch. Never had a chance to do this before.

I played the game about 10 times on gamecube when I was a teenage girl.
What's wrong with playing it two or three times together with friends? Choose another race and have fun. It's not even a timeconsuming one.

Todays community is such a bad one.

And I completely disagree here.
You are Talking about Square Enix.

There are so many different parts of Square Enix - for all the great games they have out there. Even for Final Fantasy there are different people behind the single games.

Some love Life is Strange, others play Tomb Raider.

Some never tried out Final Fantasy Online, others played FFX ten times in a row.

Some can remember Squaresoft, others have no idea what a Moogle is.

Please, dont do that.

This right here, is the kind of attitude that needs to stop. 

Just because you disagree with someone or someone disagrees with you, does not mean you get to silence them. 

I have played many of the old Final Fantasy titles. I still think Final Fantasy X is a great game. I also played Kingdom Hearts. I’m not someone who just stumbled onto a game and automatically hate the company because it’s the trendy thing to do nowadays. 

I would not put Square in the same category as EA or Activision. But I feel they are going in the direction that Konami did. 

You saying “Please, don’t do that” is like me saying please don’t tell somebody to hate Beyoncé. I did not like Final Fantasy 13 and I don’t care to play Square’s newer titles. Final Fantasy VII Remake, maybe in the future, but I’m more interested in doing the original. 

I made an opinion and I’m not going to change it just because you don’t like it. 

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Spaz said:

This right here, is the kind of attitude that needs to stop. 

Just because you disagree with someone or someone disagrees with you, does not mean you get to silence them. 

I have played many of the old Final Fantasy titles. I still think Final Fantasy X is a great game. I also played Kingdom Hearts. I’m not someone who just stumbled onto a game and automatically hate the company because it’s the trendy thing to do nowadays. 

I would not put Square in the same category as EA or Activision. But I feel they are going in the direction that Konami did. 

You saying “Please, don’t do that” is like me saying please don’t tell somebody to hate Beyoncé. I did not like Final Fantasy 13 and I don’t care to play Square’s newer titles. Final Fantasy VII Remake, maybe in the future, but I’m more interested in doing the original. 

I made an opinion and I’m not going to change it just because you don’t like it. 

You quoted your opinion twice and another person tells you to stop. Then you full on blast them and say no. You also mocked the company and other companies that have no reason in this game. And to top it off you blast your opinions with out even touching the game because the first trophy is the tutorial. You have only come in here to start drama when a couple people that were trying to calm it down.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

You saying “Please, don’t do that” is like me saying please don’t tell somebody to hate Beyoncé.

No. Its like saying "just because you dont like one rocksong, dont blame all rockbands out there"

Square Enix =/= Square Enix

Different teams, developer, directors,... you cant blame all of them because you dont like one work of some of them.

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

I did not like Final Fantasy 13 and I don’t care to play Square’s newer titles. Final Fantasy VII Remake, maybe in the future, but I’m more interested in doing the original. 

This is your personal choice and its totally up to you how to play games. I am not pointing at you. I just dont like it if people spread hate and frustration in this community when its their own failt that they dont have fun. If someone doesnt like a game - there are tons of others out there. Noone really has to play something he doesnt enjoy so there is no need in beeing angry. And if there is one game out there you like of Square Enix, then they deserve more than being called shit.

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

That has never been the point.

Different opinions are important that people can talk in a discussion. Noone wants you to change it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dheero17 said:

You quoted your opinion twice and another person tells you to stop. Then you full on blast them and say no. You also mocked the company and other companies that have no reason in this game. And to top it off you blast your opinions with out even touching the game because the first trophy is the tutorial. You have only come in here to start drama when a couple people that were trying to calm it down.

I could of said the same with Capcom and other companies. 

Square Enix is a giant corporation, made up of many different layers of people and management. 

I can say I don’t like said game and give my critical opinion on it, only for someone to turn around and say I need to stop.

Most of Square’s titles I don’t care for. 

I very much think a number of people are fanboys, who can’t take criticism when one of their anticipated games does hit the fan. That’s what I think has happened in this thread.

29 minutes ago, Belphega2208 said:

No. Its like saying "just because you dont like one rocksong, dont blame all rockbands out there"

This isn’t very good logic. 

There are entire genres I don’t like, but that’s just my opinion... generally it’s because I have no interest in said genre. 

31 minutes ago, Belphega2208 said:

Different teams, developer, directors,... you cant blame all of them because you dont like one work of some of them.

I am not labeling every single person who works at Square Enix to be somebody who is purely out to make profits. 

No. Plenty of people at EA, 2K Games and Activision have good intentions, work hard every day and do the best they can to make a quality product for the consumers who buy them. Meaning us. That doesn’t mean I have to respect these companies because truthfully I don’t. 

If you want a more direct way to express your views in a negative light, you should direct that towards the high paying executives and publishing companies who are looking to reach a profit margin. The games they have control over could be absolute crap but if they sell good enough, then it doesn’t matter.

Square Enix is a giant corporation made up of many different people with various backgrounds. 

Most YouTube videos I have seen of people bashing someone like EA, Activision or Konami is not blaming everybody who works for these companies. They are making a point, whether they are ranting or making constructive criticism is up to the people watching the videos. 

39 minutes ago, Belphega2208 said:

This is your personal choice and its totally up to you how to play games. I am not pointing at you. I just dont like it if people spread hate and frustration in this community when its their own failt that they dont have fun. If someone doesnt like a game - there are tons of others out there. Noone really has to play something he doesnt enjoy so there is no need in beeing angry. And if there is one game out there you like of Square Enix, then they deserve more than being called shit.

That is what people have to deal with. 

Any community out there is going to have people who will express they don’t like something. 

If you plug your ears because you can’t handle some negative opinions, then the fault is on you. 

I have called a lot of things shit in my day. I can’t be bothered when someone says they deserve more than being called shit, because at the end of the day it’s an opinion I made. 

32 minutes ago, Spaz said:

That is what people have to deal with. 

No. Getting called shit without a reason is nothing someone should have to deal with.

To be honest - with stuff like this said, it says nothing about the people you speak about - but it tells much about you.

So in the end, the only one who gets blamed is yourself, even if noone talks about you.

If you plug your ears because you can’t handle some negative opinions, then the fault is on you. 

I dont know why you act like this, and I am not someone who is here to judge others.

It's also not about faults here. I dont know where this is coming from.

I am not fangirling at all - I dont really like the new Tomb Raider games - my husband loved them.

I love Kingdom Hearts and some of the Final Fantasy games, but even if some of them are awesome, there are other JRPGs out there which I like more.

Nier Automata was one of the best games I've ever played - I even bought the soundtrack afterwards

But you call Square Enix shit for stuff some others really enjoy.

For me, Square Enix is like …. a Rockband.

They release so many songs - some of them are great, some of them are not.

But if theres only one song of them I shouted or danced to - I wouldnt call them shit.

Thats because I am a person who is focussed on good stuff in life.

It's always up to you how you see things.

And this is not just about gaming.

If you want to go to a rock festival, there will also be bad bands on the stage - but you can choose to just watch the ones you like, instead of calling the whole festival shit, because you didnt like parts of it.

If you want to play a Square Enix game, there will be games you like and games you dislike - but you can choose to play the ones you like, instead of calling the whole company shit, because you didnt like some of it.

If you want to get in a better mood, there will also be sad movies on Netflix - but you can choose a comedy instead of calling Netflix shit because there are also movies for every other person out there.

And if you dont get that - maybe this will give you another kind of sight:

Both is needed - good stuff and bad stuff.

Without bad stuff, you wont even appreciate good stuff, because you would take it for granted.

So you can always get something good out of something you dont like.

If you want it.

(oh, and a huge sorry for the tons of editings - but my english is so bad, that I have to read over every sentence three times :( )

Edited by Belphega2208
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Belphega2208 said:

No. Getting called shit without a reason is nothing someone should have to deal with.

To be honest - with stuff like this said, it says nothing about the people you speak about - but it tells much about you.

So in the end, the only one who gets blamed is yourself, even if noone talks about you.

Your point?

I’m not even going to comment on the rest of your post, because you completely missed the reason why I made a rant.

20 minutes ago, Belphega2208 said:

I dont know why you act like this, and I am not someone who is here to judge others.

It's also not about faults here. I dont know where this is coming from.

I am not fangirling at all - I dont really like the new Tomb Raider games - my husband loved them.

I love Kingdom Hearts and some of the Final Fantasy games, but even if some of them are awesome, there are other JRPGs out there which I like more.

Nier Automata was one of the best games I've ever played - I even bought the soundtrack afterwards

But you call Square Enix shit for stuff some others really enjoy.

For me, Square Enix is like …. a Rockband.

They release so many songs - some of them are great, some of them are not.

But if theres only one song of them I shouted or danced to - I wouldnt call them shit.

Thats because I am a person who is focussed on good stuff in life.

It's always up to you how you see things.

And this is not just about gaming.

If you want to go to a rock festival, there will also be bad bands on the stage - but you can choose to just watch the ones you like, instead of calling the whole festival shit, because you didnt like parts of it.

If you want to play a Square Enix game, there will be games you like and games you dislike - but you can choose to play the ones you like, instead of calling the whole company shit, because you didnt like some of it.

If you want to get in a better mood, there will also be sad movies on Netflix - but you can choose a comedy instead of calling Netflix shit because there are also movies for every other person out there.

And if you dont get that - maybe this will give you another kind of sight:

Both is needed - good stuff and bad stuff.

Without bad stuff, you wont even appreciate good stuff, because you would take it for granted.

So you can always get something good out of something you dont like.

If you want it.

(oh, and a huge sorry for the tons of editings - but my english is so bad, that I have to read over every sentence three times :( )

It's like i said before he hasnt played the game at all. Hes just here to cause more drama. And hes not even talking about the game at all.

• Like 2

I am in year 2 atm, playing alone and I really enjoy it like I did in the past.

But... I wonder if the intro song is exactly the same? At some point I thought it wasnt as good as back in time.

But maybe I just forgot how it sounded ^^

Edit:

Oh god I just looked it up and I was totally right.

The opening theme is a new one - same song, different vocals.

The new one is SO bad if you compare it. The old one gives me goosebumps!!

NEW:

OLD:

Edited by Belphega2208

11 hours ago, Belphega2208 said:

I am in year 2 atm, playing alone and I really enjoy it like I did in the past.

But... I wonder if the intro song is exactly the same? At some point I thought it wasnt as good as back in time.

But maybe I just forgot how it sounded ^^

Edit:

Oh god I just looked it up and I was totally right.

The opening theme is a new one - same song, different vocals.

The new one is SO bad if you compare it. The old one gives me goosebumps!!

NEW:

OLD:

Sounds different but this stuff happens in remakes and remasters cant be helped some times its even translation issues or the song writer wants to make it better. Also im in year 4 maybe when an update comes out to turn off region lock will play some time . :)

Edited by dheero17
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...