Top 5 most satisfying platinums?

No longer here

Yes I know its a common thread but still interesting to see how people have fun in obtaining trophies.

My top 5 (no order) is:

1) Devil May Cry 5  - combat system was too deep and very fun so I had playing through all the modes again to get S ranks.

2) Dishonored - Currently playing 2 and going to play the dlc, the gameplay is satisfying in general, it's so cool that you are able to do what you want at all times.

3) Bioshock 1 - really immersive atmosphere and setting, the experience was worth it on its own! I platinumed the whole series but 1 was something truly special.

4) Skyrim - one of my favorite games of all time, nothing felt like a chore to do at all.

5) Bloodborne - My personal favorite game of all time, this game has taught me to challenge myself and open up to new genres! It was my #20 platinum I believe!

*Extra note: I technically enjoy every game I had platinum which is what really matters at the end of the day! Yes I have done harder and rarer games that made me feel good, but the quality of these games above had benefit me in every way, giving me the perfect experience.

• Like 3

Yo, great list! All of those games are great!

1) Armello - I think I'm still first on psnprofiles to get it. This one was really fun because it was before people knew how to get all the trophies. So there was a lot of experimentation on what would work.

2) Banner Saga 3 - Wasn't first on psnprofiles, but one of the first. This one had a few trophies that people didn't know how to unlock. There was a ton of collaboration and trading of information on reddit for people to figure out all of the trophy requirements. It was a great time working together with so many trophy hunters.

3) Super Meat Boy - I had played the game on 360, and this just looked impossible to me. But playing on and off on both vita and ps4 for years, I finally worked enough to get it.

4) X-COM 2 - This one required a bunch of playthroughs that were tough and a lot of work. But I also had a blast the entire time.

5) Star Trek Bridge Crew - I had to put something on here that was coop with my trophy friends. This was just us cracking Star Trek jokes for hours while we yelled at each other.

• Like 2

In no Particular order:

3D Dot Game Heroes - one of FROMs best games, not a fan of the Souls games but Bloodbourne was also great. Those mini-games were horrendous and Japan got to keep all weapons on NG+ while every where else only got to keep the Block King Swords. Would love a PS4 remaster where we keep all swords on NG+.

Ace Combat 5 - Those S ranks were so annoying especially on certain missions.

Witcher 3 Complete Edition - glad i waited for a complete edition on this one, i just wish the NG+ was not a 1-off.

Transformers Devastation - Once again S Ranks on every mission

Clash of the Titans - another one with S Ranks but the restrictions on the ranks are really tight on this one.

1. Don't Starve Together - This pretty much ended up being Don't Starve Alone for me; my husband picked it up for us both to play but he ended up hating the mechanics of this compared to the original Don't Starve, plus there was a lot of lag and latency issues when we originally played it.  I still thoroughly enjoyed myself with it and it was definitely very satisfying beating all the bosses solo, and taming a Beefalo.

2. Persona 5 - I had taken somewhat of a break from trophy hunting/Playstation last year due to personal reasons, and I feel like this was the game that broke the negative mindset of that.  I had never played a Persona game before, didn't really know what to expect but fell in love immediately.  It was absolutely an immersive experience and I found myself staying up until early morning just enjoying myself.  It had been a long time since a game made me feel that way.

3. Tales of Symphonia - This was my first Tales game and I feel it really tested my time management skills as there was a lot to do in the game over multiple playthroughs.  It was very satisfying learning the mechanics and making efficient runs.

4. Overcooked 2 (and original Overcooked) - I did both of these solo so that was very satisfying, although recently I've discovered how much more fun Overcooked is when played with friends ^_^

5. Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout - I've met some amazing people and laughed harder than I have in a long time.  A game I've genuinely had so much fun with that I'm still playing long after platinum.  I consider the overwhelmingly positive experience to be satisfying ^_^ 

• Like 2

Nice idea. Here's mine in no particular order;

1. The Crew - Just got this a few days ago and I've never had to work harder for a platinum trophy. There's a few glitched trophies that can lock you out of the platinum forever and no one knows what causes them to happen, it is seemingly random if you get them or not. I managed to get all glitched trophies without a problem! Then there's the various PVP trophies which can be a bit of a nightmare to get, even with a boosting group as the matchmaking is so god awful. And finally all the ridiculously grindy trophies, like getting gold on 500 skills, doing 200 laps around a race track, escaping the police 100 times and getting 8,000km on a single car. I'm so glad it's over but honestly, I actually had a blast doing it.

2. Mass Effect - A game I had played briefly in 2014 and couldn't get into. Over lockdown I gave it another go and despite being overwhelmed at the start I got through it and it just might have become one of my favourite games of all time. I played 2 and 3 after, and while still amazing, nothing beats the original.

3. Grand Theft Auto V - I was actually playing GTA Online for real with a friend, and after months of having a blast I checked the trophies and found out I had all the online ones done. So I just needed to get stuck into the single player to get the platinum. Took a lot of dedication but I was super happy once I finally got it.

4. Mirror's Edge - A game that seemed impossible to me at first but with enough dedication I finally pulled off those time trials and speed runs. I truly felt like I had mastered the game. 

5. Resistance 2 - I dedicated a whole summer to getting 10,000 kills in PVP and it was so satisfying when that platinum popped.

• Like 2

In this specific order : 

1. Devil May Cry 5 : After waiting for 11 years for a proper dmc4 follow-up and being served with one of the best action games ever, platinuming this beast was immensely satisfying. Not to mention that I had to discover strats for Hell & Hell S ranking since most people got stuck there. Truly a masterpiece. 

2. Street Fighter V : It was the perfect example of "hard work pays off". After getting bodied a million times in Ranked and spending so much time in Training mode, seeing that the things you learned finally work was amazing. Well... There's the 1 mil grinding section but we do not talk about that. 

3. Blur : awesome game, tough trophy list (for a novice driving game player). Same as sf5, however here I boosted half the multiplayer so i cant say it was as satisfying. 

4. For Honor : a game that I platinumed by mistake almost (realized I was missing some Skirmish battles and the troop deployment for the platinum). A game that I played purely for the fun of it, wasn't even invested into platinums when I got it. 

5. Dark Souls III. If only they added DLC trophies or a SL1 run trophy... But regardless, this game was awesome to complete. Minus the stupid covenant challenges, made me go invader a couple of times. Sunlight bro co op was fun though, never getting tired of murder ing the twin princes.

• Like 1

In no specific order except first one:

XCOM: Enemy Unknown PLUS (Vita) - managed to tryhard my way towards world first which is probably going to be uncontested my biggest achievement in my trophy hunting history

XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PS3) - I wasn't really sure if I manage to do that one but I just kept trying and eventually got it

Bloodborne - the one, the only, the best PS4 exclusive game and one of the best games ever made. Fear the Old Blood

Demon's Souls triple stack - my first entry into Souls games and I fell in love with it. It was difficult to grasp several mechanics like Tendencies but once it clicked, it clicked hard and loud

Metal Gear Solid 3 - I absolutely adore this game and reason why it's one of my proudest is because I did it in one, 15.5 hrs long session

honourable mentions: Yakuza 0-3, Judgment - because heck yeah

it's difficult to pick just 5, but these ones are on top of the list

Edited by Raveniteh

1) Guitar Hero: Metallica - One of my favourite franchises no doubt, the insane skills needed to get some of these instrument trophies, I’m grateful to have managed to pull it off.

2) Injustice: Gods Among Us - Spent a solid month on this bad boy, with a lot of shed blood sweat and tears.

3) EVERY Call of Duty - cheating here a bit, but yeah having 100% in every single call of duty game, especially with all the pain in the ass zombie trophies in every game done, something I’d never have the patience to replicate, but all-the-more had the best time doing it.

4) MotorStorm Pacific Rift - Having got the platinum for one of my favourite racing games when I was 12, I was absolutely ecstatic getting the 3 ranked online wins in a row without boosting, a memory I will always treasure. Damn that offline festival mode was pretty tough too doe.

5) Max Payne 3 - Nothing will come close to the amount of gamer sweat produced when on the final mission of doing this game in 1 sitting without dying, we all know this was hard, a wee glitchy but an incredible feat to pull off.

Honorable Mentions:

-Battlefield Bad Company

-Velocity 2X

-Mirror’s Edge

-Uncharted 3 DLC

-Mortal Kombat 9

• Like 2

1. The Last of Us (PS3)- It is my rarest platinum trophy, a fantastic story and the multiplayer was a slog so I got it over with first. I platted the PS3 version a few weeks before the sequel came out so it was fresh in my mind going in and honestly I thought the sequel was a fantastic and worthy successor. I'll get the PS4 remastered version sometime as well.

2. Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance HD (PS4)- Not my favourite game ever, but it represented the end of my mission to obtain the platinum trophy for every game in the series- including stacks- before Kingdom Hearts III dropped. The thing was, I started this endeavour  August 2018, meaning I had to get all of the games before the end of the following January while having at least one other game in between to save me from burning out and giving up. I succeeded, with 2 or 3 days to spare!

3. God of War (PS4)- This is my favourite PS4 game as well as my Game of the Generation. A fantastic reinvention of the franchise that put a greater emphasis on story and the relationships between characters that took the series forward in a huge leap. 

4. Resident Evil 5 (PS3)- It was my very first platinum trophy. It isn't my favourite game in the series by any stretch but I still enjoy it. The PS4 version will be my 100th platinum, as a sort of book end to this sage of my trophy hunting journey, after which I plan to take a long break.

5. Final Fantasy VII (PS4)- I'm cheating because I haven't gotten this yet (it's the port of the original game, not the remake, but I loved that too!), but I will soon as my 4000th trophy and 77th platinum. It is my favourite game of all time so it will be very satisfying indeed to have the plat as well as having it as a milestone on my profile! 

Edited by Stan Lee

My top 5 would have to be:

- Blazblue CentralFiction - Whilst a decently easy Platinum, the ‘Blue Flamed Challenger’ trophy which requires to complete all of a characters combos, was for me difficult at the time of purchase. Having seen 4% of players achieved this trophy, it baffled me how I could not achieve it so a year later I returned and managed to complete it with great satisfaction

- Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Again the same with the previous, I wasn’t able to achieve the complete x amount of combos trophy with characters so 8 YEARS LATER, I returned to give it a shot and with patience and a few days, I managed to get through it

- Call of Duty Infinite Warfare - We all know up until the recent Modern Warfare, the easter egg in zombies had to be completed to obtain the Platinum. Now this can be done solo or in a team but having a team makes it slightly harder so instead, I decided to do it Solo and this was tough indeed because whilst I’m not the greatest zombies player, I don’t mind grinding out game after game. So eventually after a few days, I did it solo which was very satisfying because I did put a lot of time and effort into it going through countless runs

- Jak Quadrilogy - Counting this as one because this series of games are my absolute favourite since I first Played them in childhood

- God of War - alongside other amazing titles such as The Last Of Us, Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon Zero Dawn and many more, this game is at the top of them all because of how brilliant the game is. With its different trophies and requirements, it generally was a very fun Platinum to obtain and needs no explanation why it won Game Of The Year

• Like 1

1° Cosmophony - I know, it's not a platinum, but manage to do all trophies in this game was the most satisfying thing i have ever done as a trophy hunter.

2° The Evil Within

3° This War of Mine

4° DmC (Ps3)

5º Crash Team Racing NF

If you had asked what was the 5 most boring, tedious and frustrating platinum I have achieved, i would say;

Wolfenstein II
Overwatch
DMC 5
Red Dead Redemption 2
Monster Hunter: Iceborne 
Edited by FreneticWave

Infamous - the first game I fell in love with on PS3. Got me into trophy hunting.

Heavy Rain - my first platinum. Before that I would try and go for trophies but I didn't care if I got the platinum. This one got me hooked on them.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - I bought it just because I heard it was fun and then I enjoyed it so much, I ended up trying to get all the trophies.

Velocity Ultra - bought it because it was on sale on PSN and I was new to the Vita so I wanted to try different things. Started playing it and liked it because it felt like a phone game with short levels and the game rating you on how well you did. It was easy to pick up and play. I started getting good at it and tried to go for gold on every level. Pretty soon I got the platinum even though I never thought I would.

ModNation Racers - My rarest platinum. I loved this game so much but the creator trophies just wore me down so much. I'd all but given up on getting the final trophy (Win a ranked race series). It was so annoying that I'd got much harder trophies like being in the top 10% one day  for the hot lap but this simple trophy got me because I didn't go for it back when the game was still active. I finally managed to get a week or so before they shut down the servers.

Edited by HMS_Victor

1. Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout. This might be the most fun platinum I've ever gotten, thanks to some awesome friends I made that I still play with all the time. Well worth getting this fantastic game. 

2. Beat Saber. I thought for the longest time I would never get the plat. But with enough practice and dedication, I am now good enough to play on Expert and sometimes Expert+. This one really challenged me in the best way possible. 

3. Oddworld: New N Tasty. A game I spent so much time on as a kid on the PS1. I knew I had to get the plat for this and it was a ton of fun. 

4. Monster Hunter World. I've always bee a huge MH fan, so I knew this was going to be fun. My sanity was tested with the crowns towards the end, but I prevailed and get to do it again in Iceborne. 

5. Rayman Legends. This was just a lesson in patience. Daily challenges for months to finally get that sweet, sweet plat. 

• Like 1

In no particular order:

Red Dead Redemption: The greatest open world ever, and arguably the best core trophy list as well; one that really has you experience everything the game has to offer. Online trophies bedamned; I'd stack a potential remaster in a heartbeat. At this point, I'd trade that for RDR2, to tell the truth...

Final Fantasy X: My all-time favourite RPG, and a (mostly) flawless remaster to boot. I got close to 100% completion more than once on the PS2 but never quite made it to stuff like complete sphere grid and the whole Fiend Arena, so it was even more satisfying to get a platinum trophy when I finally decided to go all the way.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Never my favourite MGS, but the trophy chase really made me appreciate the game a lot more after having initally given up on it. It's a lot more satisfying when you just rush through the game and skip through the worst of Kojima's convoluted storytelling excesses. Technically, MGS2 was more challenging, but too frustrating to prove all that satisfying an accomplishment.

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (PS3): Handily my favourite Kingdom Hearts game (though I'll concede KH2 has better gameplay) for untold reasons, and that was even before I experienced the enhanced joys of Final Mix. I'd always been a little intimidated at the prospect of playing a KH game on the hardest difficulty, but this chase sold me on it, and ever since, I have never gone back to lower difficulties in my inevitable replays. Those gummi ship missions were taxing, but ultimately proved hugely satisfying to complete. And what do you know, I'll be replaying it for the millionth time in less than a week at time of writing ?

Batman: Arkham Origins: The game that caused me to actually become the Batman for one legendary online match the story of which I've told elsewhere. And on balance, I'd say it's probably my favourite Arkham game, and the one that really made me break on through to became the inordinately gifted Arkhammer I've become. It's a shame it still performs like crap even by low, low, looooooooow PS3 standards; if any game could be improved by some heavy polish and more computing power at its disposal, it's this (and any Bethesda game ever, but that's beside the point ?). Hint freakin' hint, Sony. And wouldn't you know it, WB Montreal look set to school Rocksteady yet again in the not-too-distant-future.

I've got a feeling I've made a post similar to this before, but eh.

• Like 4

1. Furi - I bought it solely based on the visuals. I Told myself I'm only going to play for fun and not stress about trophies. I did fairly well on my first play through and thought, hey I'll just try for that S rank once more and got it. Thought again, hey I'll just try for that Furier S rank and give up if something gets too hard and I got it. This game jumpstarted my love for the action genre I never thought I'd have.

2. NieR: Automata - This is my third most favorite game of all time. I was in the process of playing NieR and already played Drakengard 1 and 3 when it was announced and they kept us adequately informed the full two years. Each new trailer, song, picture, whatever added to the hype. It finally released and everything about it was perfect. It was such a satisfying game not just for the platinum (which can be bought with in game money if you didn't know). I got all trophies without the shop and it was my third platinum I got. This game also jumpstarted my trophy hunting addiction.

3. Final Fantasy X - As a child I always wanted to fill out the Sphere Grid. Later on when I found out there were more super bosses NA didn't get I really wanted to fight them as well. Finally was able to do both when the collection released on PS3. (I still like X-2 better but I had already fully beat the game 5 times on PS2).

4. Devil May Cry 5 - This game made pick up the Devil May Cry series. All the time as a kid I thought I'd never play these games because they just weren't my thing. After platting Furi and seeing the trailer for 5 I knew I had to play these games. I have the platinum for all 5 (and might even do DmC eventually) so the satisfaction of being able to do that was great. 5 is also my 150th platinum milestone. 1 is my most favorite of the series.

5. The House in Fata Morgana - It's a visual novel, it's currently at 69.09% platinum rarity, you can skip text the whole game and get all trophies in like an hour. I read the whole story and holy shit I loved it. This is my fifth most favorite game ever. Everything was perfect about it. It was 100 hours well spent. I'm honestly shocked a visual novel is that high in my favorite lists. It wasn't satisfying as a platinum but it was satisfying as an experience and that's more important (and I couldn't really think of anything else for number 5).

• Like 1

1. Bloodborne - my favorite PS4 exclusive, and getting the platinum was satisfying, fun, challenging, rewarding.. I can go on describing how I felt. Enjoyed every minute of it. Also my favorite Fromsoft game to date.

2. Red Dead Redemption 2 - also one of my favorite games and the reason why this was so satisfying? Simply because of the amount of time I spent earning the trophies. Must’ve been 350+ hours not counting after that. I enjoyed the game a lot and unlike many, the platinum wasn’t too much of a chore for me tbh. I did a mix of story missions, side stuff, animals etc. at the same time. The online was not the best at the time but if you have some good friends to play with, it’s actually quite enjoyable, I had a blast lol. 

3. Trackmania Turbo - This is my hardest plat to date, so obviously it’s going to be on my list. I love racing games in general whether it’s sim or arcade. The game is fun and the challenging tracks drived the challenger in me, as I do enjoy tough games as long as I enjoy it.

4. Wipeout HD - At one time this was considered my toughest plat and also a very fun game. As time past and I started playing other hard games, this game felt down a few ranks in terms of toughest plats (my collection). But it was my first plat on this account and it was a very memorable milestone. Back then this was considered as one of the toughest plats on PS3. 

5. Vanquish - This is my favorite 3rd person shooter and it was very innovative at the time. I had such a blast going through the campaign and doing the challenge mode. Challenge 4 was tough and challenge 6 was by far one of the toughest challenges I have done in gaming. I tried not to use any video guides in the beginning (did nr. 4 all by myself) but challenge 6 was just impossible. I spent around 10 hours figuring my own strategy and trying to beat it, I was stubborn I guess. But I just couldn’t at the end I had to look it up on YouTube and readjust my tactic, still took me along time. If it wasn’t for YouTube this plat would be near impossible for me.

• Like 2

1) Metal Gear Solid 2 (Vita) 

I was so happy when I finally beat the Metal Gears at the end on the hardest difficulty Trophy. So many rexs! And of course the hair tearing Training missions mode.

2-3-4) Batman Arkham Asylum (PS4), Arkham City (PS3 and PS4) and Arkham Knight (PS4)

Took me years to get good at the combat challenges. When I completed the PS4 version of AC, I went into straight and finish off the PS3 version when I’m in the groove. Although doing the Knight’s final DLC trophies can kindly f*** off. Also pulling off all moves in one full combo run... oh boy.

5) Uncharted GA (Vita)

My first platinum and the hook of trophies seeking starts with this game.

Edited by KHDelBoy

No particular order but here goes

Bloodborne - not hard in the grand scheme of things but I proved to myself I could play "get good" games. No cheesing, just honest hard work. Messed up 100% it though. 

Drakengard 3 - probably not hard again, but loved everything minute. Just getting that ending D trophy felt so good. 

Sonic and Sega All-stars racing - first platinum iirc and you don't forget your first. 

Prey - again, not hard but this one has an extremely low platinum percentage. I feel if people gave it a chance it would be higher (and the game is great.)

Azur Lane Crosswave - this might be cheating putting this here, however proud of this as I helped write the guide.