Top 5 most satisfying platinums?

No longer here

Tricky Towers - The rarest platinum I own and one of the two most skill required plats. Those trial trophies, especially the one with no dropping blocks in Trial 50 nearly drew me insane. I played that one level for almost a week before beating it.

Hollow Knight - An amazing game that sparked new life into my enjoyment for metroidvanias. The final pantheon though... a testament to how much I loved this game.

Rayman Legends - The grindiest platinum I have ever achieved. Having completed the whole game and realizing I needed to grind another two levels of the online that I could have been doing the whole time I was playing the game with those daily challenges hit me hard. I ended up starting each day playing all the daily challenges at least one to grind out the exp.

Dark Souls 3 / Horizon: Zero Dawn - My favorite games this generation and I'm equally happy with earning both of these platinums.

Hitman: Absolution - My first difficult platinum that I earned on this new(ish) account.

In no particular order: 

Dirt Rally 2.0 - Simple trophy list, except for a nerve-racking online one where you need to place Tier 1 in a specific car, where you can't restart and where the challenge can sometimes be available once every 2 weeks! 

Velocity 2X - Very fun, but tricky 2D platformer and flying game. Took a lot of practice and a big break for a few months but finally got back into and got the platinum.

Starwhal (PS3 edition) - Anyone who has got the plat for the PS4 version, let's introduce it's meaner older brother. A long grind, where you can't leave the game, or turn your console off, in a game which is prone to crashing frequently! Fun! Still a good music playlist got me through, and I was the 50th person to get the EU PS3 plat, what an honour.

Rayman Legends - Finish the game, and look forward to 3 months of daily/weekly challenge grinding. Was glad to see the back of the challenges but glad I had made a start on them whilst doing the rest of the trophies.

3on3 Freestyle - God, do I love this game. A huge grind at the best of times, with 300 wins, 200 mvps, and 1000 assists, but once that platinum pops, it seems worth it lol. Not sure what it is, but it's the only grindy type game I have where I miss having a reason to play it more. To anyone playing this currently, invest in Christa, she is the best player for MVP awards by far!

1. Tales of Vesperia: This was my first Tales platinum on the PS3 and my favourite tales game. It had a lot of missables so it really tested my time management and organisation, and also made me glue a guide to my face to not miss anything. It's like every little event and action is connected to a trophy, be it a title, monster, item etc. that if you missed just one event or forgot to touch a missable save point, you mess the playthrough up. 

2. FFX-2: This wasn't a very difficult one, but I am proud to say I got 100% and the plat all in just one playthrough. This game was like Vesperia as well, so many missables and you really needed to be vigilant of all the events and missions to not miss anything to get 100%. I had multiple playthroughs way back on the PS2 version (like 10 runs maybe!), so I knew this game inside and out. 

3. Final Fantasy XII TZA: This game was challenging enough with the bestiary trophy and beating all those judges in trial mode. I really enjoyed the game and found it satisfying to platinum. 

4. Kingdom hearts 3: I'm not great at KH games and could never get any of the other KH plats as I always struggled with the mini games, secret bosses or proud and critical modes. But KH 3 was my one way ticket to finally getting a KH plat which I am proud of, even if it's the easiest one. The mini games were extremely frustrating though, they caused me a lot of anxiety to the point that my hands would shake afterwards. When I got the plat, it felt like I won the lottery. 

5. Tales of Berseria: This was very grindy and needed a lot of patience, so it was a relief to get it. It's also a pretty rare platinum for a Tales game. Tales of Xillia 2 was a close second and it took longer as well with all the partner skill and battle challenge trophies, but I found Berseria more satisfying in the end. 

• Like 1

No order and I know some are easier but

- Dragon age Origins. Honestly I enjoyed this over mass effect and it was the 2nd or 3rd platinum I ever got. Multiple endings and multiple playthroughs made it a good time and was so happy when it finally popped

- bioshock 1,2& infinite on both consoles I did them glitchless and i have bioshock tattoos so I mean I like the series

- destroy all humans I mean take your pick of the 3 I enjoyed all of em so much the nostalgia was amazing.

- assassin's Creed brotherhood PS4 100% the f'ing 100% trophy made it so worth it

- battlefield 5 did it without boosting and did it for fun gave me a tingling feeling when the plat popped

Honorable mentions 

- injustice gods among Us I did a few times on xbox360 for friends and what not (got them past some hard parts not the entire list) so I knew I could do it I just really really didn't want to but the plat image is so pretty

- persona 5 royal consumed my life and was so fun it almost made the list

- Rocket league pre game 2.0 is when I got the plat 

1. Crypt Of The Necrodancer - I shouldn't have to explain why, it's widely considered to be the most difficult platinum to obtain and it took me almost 3 years of hard work. I actually cried when I got it.

2. Super Meat Boy - Another one that's for obvious reasons. Considered very hard and this was actually the first "super hard" game I worked towards. I didn't really know what my limits were or if I could even get the platinum at the time so this was a very satisfying one for me.

3. Guitar Hero Greatest Hits - This was really satisfying to me because back in 2009 I challenged myself to platinum every guitar hero as they came out and this was by far the hardest to complete. This was also the one I had the most enjoyment in completing because of the setlist. Still one of my proudest platinums to this day also.

4. Overwatch - I got the game at launch and absolutely loved it. I decided to do every single trophy in the game legitimately without boosting and it was incredibly satisfying to me as getting better with each hero to unlock said trophies was extremely rewarding to me as i'm someone that still actively plays this game competitively and I can use what i've learned to get the trophies in ranked play.

5. Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe - This platinum eluded me for a really long time (6 1/2 years) due to really unlucky circumstances. Firstly, I cleared every kombo challenge except for a small number of them and my PS3 got YLOD before I could finish. This also happened with my 2nd PS3 so I eventually gave up on them for a while. When I finally came back to it and got it, it was so goddamn satisfying to finally complete. 

Honourable mentions:

Trackmania Turbo

I Am Bread

Guitar Hero Van Halen

Far Cry 2

The Binding Of Isaac

Edited by SlimSanta94
  • Like 3