Games with high platinum percentages that you found very difficult?

Hunter777Merritt

14 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

The entirety of From Software's catalogue of games. I played Dark Souls 3 recently and it has 18% Plat rarity. Beating all bosses just gave me little more trophies than the average.

This. But for me it was Sekiro. It was luck I got that plat. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, darkrequiem7 said:

Does staying motivated for huge grinds count? 

Glancing through my list and Diablo 3 and Family Game Night 4 stand out as games where I had a second screen showing movies while grinding for hours to get the plat.

Tbh Diablo III was pretty easy it's not that bad of a grind the 500 bounties took me about 4 hours using the method I did. It took me a week to 100% the game. You can go to the Diablo III community and they will help you boost your classes for that trophy and my friend that helped me did the goblin dimension where you have to kill the goblib king and well that's how i got my how ever many goblins you need to kill for that trophy. For the bounties trophy stick with chapter 2 and there are like 2 or 3 bounties that take like 30 to 45 seconds to do then you quit out to the main menu and it takes about 4 to 6 hours I'd say very mind numbing but if you just throw in some music not bad. Hey I'm top 100 for the fastest achievers if that counts could of been alot faster but i got distracted by life for a bit and didn't finish in time. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it i mean I'm not even a good gamer but play a game long enough you can do pretty much anything.

I found Asylum hard as well, thanks to that very same challenge. I got 1000/1000 gamerscore for it on the 360, though I still kinda wish I had got it for the PS3 instead back in the day.

Found some sections in the first Infamous on hard difficulty kinda, well, hard as well. Think I remember finding ways to cheese them though. Same goes for the Uncharted games, there's some brutal moments on Crushing difficulty.

3 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

The entirety of From Software's catalogue of games. I played Dark Souls 3 recently and it has 18% Plat rarity. Beating all bosses just gave me little more trophies than the average.

This too. I platinumed the first Dark Souls which wasn't too bad (definitely not easy though, I'd say it's a 6.5/10 or 7/10 difficulty for the plat), but I haven't got much motivation to plat the others. Got pretty close in Dark Souls 2 but I didn't feel like playing through the game again to get more boss souls. I found Sekiro insanely difficult, and honestly wasn't a big fan. I purposefully went for the bad ending just so it would all be over sooner. I can't imagine trying to plat that game, but plenty have.

Also, on the flip side, there's some games that have rather low plat percentage when the games are honestly rather easy and not too long to plat. Puppeteer is one, dunno why the plat percentage is under 5%, I don't really remember there being anything too difficult in it (but it's been like 7 years so I may be forgetting some things), and it was actually a pretty enjoyable little platformer.

Edit: after re-reading the OP, I mis-interpreted the post as "What platinums have a higher completion percentage than expected," not "what was extremely difficult yet had a high percentage." Oh well.

I feel like I have enough platinums now that I my gauge won't be too subjective. I thought that the following plats were harder than their PSNP percentages suggest:

PS3's Modern Warfare 2 (PSNP: 8.19%). The last couple of spec ops missions were craaaazy hard. To relate those to the OP's struggles with Shock and Awe in Arkham Asylum, which is the hardest part of that platinum (PSNP: 9.28%) is even stranger, because Shock and Awe were much easier than those last spec ops missions. MW2 was SUPER popular, which again would indicate a lower percentage, but not for this game... I always suspected hacking shenanigans as the time period of release coupled with the age of the target audience would line up with a influx of hacked trophies. If I didn't know better I'd have suggested a 4% PSNP rarity.

Also... Crash Bandicoot 1. It is EASILY the hardest of the trilogy. Not even close. Yet somehow it is as high as PSNP 10.58%, rather than the ultra rare designation that I predicted prior to release as I got myself excited and replayed the PS1 version. If the remaster had the PS1 save system it would definitely be ultra rare here. It boggles me that Crash 2 is more rare as well (9.XX%). Crash 3 is by far the easiest but has a lower rarity than expected, coming in at a comparable rate to the other two (11.XX%) when it's probably a 15-20% IMO. CTR is also more common than expected. Thought that would be a 6-7% on this site. I broke a controller's X button during the Oxide trials accidentally because of the stress. Never done that before!

All FromSoftware games come in higher than expected, especially Bloodbourne, which is the strangest because it was offered on PS+, so I expected a significant decrease in rarity with casuals giving it a go to see what all the fuss was about back when it was the "only game worth buying in the PS4's debut year." 21.57% currently.

Lastly, PS4's Spider-Man is 8.XX% globally (PSNP: 47.XX%). Way too high considering how well it sold. Gen Z must have more trophy hunters than Gen Y. For a game of decent length, significant endgame grind to clean up the map, and very specific miscellaneous trophies (see the Clean Up stage on the guide on this site) 8% rarity amongst the total game owners globally is enormous.

Edited by GonzoWARgasm
  • Like 1

i found the witness incredibly hard, had to get someone to do it via shareplay lol

6 hours ago, NandK1998 said:

Rocket League in my opinion because of driving 50 Kilometers trophy where apparently you must use ONLY 1 set of wheels even though the game doesn't specify that.

As a rocket league sweat, over 1000 hours, this isn't true, it can be any wheels but it does take a decent amount of time to achieve

• Like 1

Twin Breaker: A Sacred Symbols Adventure
To be fair, I didn't really try hard for the plat because I was extremely busy during the period but the 4 paddle stages kinda broke my brain during my first playthrough. A lot of the highscores I got came due to luck with the right powerups. Not sure if I want to sit there for hours trying to either get lucky with the power ups or wrap my head around using both thumbsticks to control up/down and left/right simultaneously 

• Like 1

For me (and I know some of you will laugh) it's InFamous First Light.  The Beta Rescue Diamond trophy seems impossible to me (I know it's not).  I've attempted it dozens of times over hours of play time and can't get more than 300,000 points.  I gave up on it over three years ago.  This is the only uncompleted plat that is a thorn in my side.

Edited by khaki_pants
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GonzoWARgasm said:

Lastly, PS4's Spider-Man is 8.XX% globally (PSNP: 47.XX%). Way too high considering how well it sold. Gen Z must have more trophy hunters than Gen Y. For a game of decent length, significant endgame grind to clean up the map, and very specific miscellaneous trophies (see the Clean Up) stage on the guide on this site, 8% rarity amongst the total game owners globally is enormous.

I think it's a testament to how good the game is.

I wouldn't say that anything above 10% is a high percentage. For me around 10-15% is the border between a casual game and a difficult one in general. the ones that i find much more difficult than the percentage suggests are for example the God of War Games. They are not super hard, but the hard mode trophies are much harder than in other games, in my opinion.

games that are really scary are the ones below 5%. those usually are extremly grindy games that mostly are not difficult at all.