Games with high platinum percentages that you found very difficult?

Hunter777Merritt

6 hours ago, GonzoWARgasm said:

Also... Crash Bandicoot 1. It is EASILY the hardest of the trilogy. Not even close. Yet somehow it is as high as PSNP 10.58%, rather than the ultra rare designation that I predicted prior to release as I got myself excited and replayed the PS1 version. If the remaster had the PS1 save system it would definitely be ultra rare here. It boggles me that Crash 2 is more rare as well (9.XX%). Crash 3 is by far the easiest but has a lower rarity than expected, coming in at a comparable rate to the other two (11.XX%).

This!!! Purposely came to this thread to mention Crash. This has definitely been my proudest platinum so far because I am way too uncoordinated to be a platforming whiz, but I just remember feeling some type of way over the fact that this was at 10% while my following plat (AC4: Black Flag) which was FAR less challenging was at 5% ? 

• Like 1

God of War (PS3).  Stupid challenges of the gods are very annoying and the game's controls are not that great in my opinion.  Yet this is somehow an almost 20% rarity plat with 54% average completion so my 82% trophies earned doesn't even net me an A rank to annoy me further. 

• Like 3

Not saying it’s a impossible or even a super difficult trophy or anything but Spyro’s platinum is at like 50% which kinda shocks me simply because of the stupid flying levels, I might just suck at a above average rate but the flying levels are such nightmares.

Edited by Kittykat-san

Riptide GP2 - 39.93%.

Aside from the fact that I HATE this game...I've seen people say how easy is it, and I just don't get it. The game has some of the absolute worst rubber banding AI I've ever seen, which makes winning races so difficult. I've gone back to it several times because it just feels like one of those Platinums I should have based on what everyone says about it. But...I can't. I just can't do it. The game infuriates me to no end...it's just not worth my sanity. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man.

Those are only high because you can save scum. It felt really good to get those Plats legitimately. 

One game that I am surprised has a relatively high Plat percentage is Resident Evil 2. I will probably never get that Plat because of "A Small Carbon Footprint". Trophies like that are just super tedious to me and I can't be bothered. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, zizimonster said:

It is Shadwen. Despite being an uncommon plat, the no-kill playthrough isn't easy at all. You have to play smart, especially with the dumb A.I. your partner has. Surprisingly, the kill-all playthrough is easy and more fun.

I loved the no kill run of Shadwen. I will admit, the kill everything run is also fun. I didn't have a problem with this game.

For me I would say the Bloodborne plat. Mostly because of dealing with those dungeons at the end game.

9 hours ago, darkrequiem7 said:

Indeed, and that the Spider-Man trophies are primarily linked to just doing everything. Clear the map and you pretty much get the plat if I recall.

I disagree, which was pretty much my point for that game. The endgame grind to clean up the map was verrrry long for the average casual and the miscellaneous trophies do not all come naturally. Have a look at the guide on this site. The age of the target demographic coupled with those factors makes for, IMHO, an unexpectedly high global platinum rate.

3 hours ago, GonzoWARgasm said:

I disagree, which was pretty much my point for that game. The endgame grind to clean up the map was verrrry long for the average casual and the miscellaneous trophies do not all come naturally. Have a look at the guide on this site. The age of the target demographic coupled with those factors makes for, IMHO, an unexpectedly high global platinum rate.

I guess I didn't rush the story much, but spent quite a bit of time between missions just doing activities as I ran across them. By the time I was done with the story, there wasn't a lot left for me to clean up.

I do remember one of the first things I did was go around to the police sites and unlock the map markers so finding them while doing general traversal made it easier.

• Like 1

I'd have to say Radio Squid I found quite difficult despite having like a 79% rarity or something

Or another is Spiral Splatter ESPECIALLY ON VITA. I thought doing it on the PS TV would make it easier... It doesn't xD