Games with high platinum percentages that you found very difficult?

Hunter777Merritt

14 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

I think the reason why Bloodborne's plat didn't suffer from inflation in rarity was because you need to beat a boss to get you first trophy. Either the Cleric Beast or Father Gascoigne.

The casuals that I know tried Bloodborne gave up very quickly, most of them didn't even get to see a boss.

0% lists do not count toward the total.

Guilty. And I even bought the game long before it was on PS+?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

I think the reason why Bloodborne's plat didn't suffer from inflation in rarity was because you need to beat a boss to get you first trophy. Either the Cleric Beast or Father Gascoigne.

The casuals that I know tried Bloodborne gave up very quickly, most of them didn't even get to see a boss.

Yeah, but strangely, even considering PSN rarity, Bloodborne comes in at 6.1%, higher than any other Souls rarity outside of the original Dark Souls on PS3 and the Asian verson of Demon's Souls, and I think PSN rarity counts even if you don't earn a trophy.

• Like 1

Chaos;Child. Not because it's hard, but because it's so damn long for a VN. If you're actually playing the game, that is. If you skip through the whole game, which you should be hung for anyways, then it's not long at all. But it's a 50 hour game to get everything in and is just taking a long time for me. Still a very good game though, highly recommend

• Like 1

Don't know if it has been mentioned but Devil May Cry 1 and 3's platinum are both above 5%. I understand both are old PS2 games a lot of people have played endlessly before they got trophies and you don't even have to S rank Dante Must Die. However, I was still expecting them to have lower rarity percentages.

2 hours ago, frontzie said:

Reed 2. I suck at platformers.

SAME! Reed 2 on my PS4 was so unenjoyable and so bad. For some reason I had a framerate problem at the most difficult sections and my jump button only worked half the time. Yet for some reason on my vita, no issues. Took 20 minutes.....

• Like 1

League of Evil, got to a level in chapter 3 (I think) where you drop down a gap in between those two spiked blocks and there is a pit of spikes. You have to go left and up for the briefcase and right and up to the guy to complete the level. I just couldn’t be arsed any more with attempting to get that briefcase after doing the previous levels. Found it tedious and it will probably sit on my list incomplete. 

EDIT: I say it will sit there incomplete but knowing me I’ll probably go back to it. Just saying ‘incomplete’ has made me want to boot it up later tonight 

Edited by lynx_1985
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Myrtille said:

"Assassin's Creed Brotherhood" on PS4 (31.98%).

The "Il Principe" trophy (full synch in all missions) was almost a platinum breaker for me.

I feel you on this one. I got the Plat in Brotherhood a couple of months ago and this trophy just sapped any enjoyment the game has. Completely goes against the way the game is meant to be played (approaching things your way). A Plat I'm proud to have (as I didn't Plat it on PS3 years before hand), but it wasn't a fun ride getting there. Apparently Revelations is the same feeling...so I have no desire to play it any time soon. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

Jak 2 because of it's BS debug mode. The game is actually pretty difficult, on top of finding all those annoying Precursor Orbs.

If the debug mode didn't exist, the % would be significantly lower.

I swear, the past few platinum achievers obtained it within five minutes. It's disappointing to see people miss out on a pretty cool game.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, RedSkyKing said:

Jak 2 because of it's BS debug mode. The game is actually pretty difficult, on top of finding all those annoying Precursor Orbs.

If the debug mode didn't exist, the % would be significantly lower.

I swear, the past few platinum achievers obtained it within five minutes. It's disappointing to see people miss out on a pretty cool game.

To be fair, the game had a high number of other exploitable bugs before the debug mode was discovered. There are a few precursor orb cloning tricks people used to make that part of the run easier (works in the third game too). So the % has always been inflated to one degree or another.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 10:53 AM, AndresLionheart said:

Most of them probably don’t even have a trophy account here. 

52 minutes ago, SeedersPhD said:

I hate the Arcade Archives Pac-Man trophies, I really can't bring myself to bother with them but it's at basically 25% completion. Such a pain...

There's a pattern a lot of people follow in those old Pac Man games. I had to abuse the USB/Cloud save exploit because there was absolutely no way I was going to get all those trophies legit.

On 8/27/2020 at 7:58 PM, ladynadiad said:

God of War (PS3).  Stupid challenges of the gods are very annoying and the game's controls are not that great in my opinion.  Yet this is somehow an almost 20% rarity plat with 54% average completion so my 82% trophies earned doesn't even net me an A rank to annoy me further. 

Dude...that was the first platinum trophy I ever obtained back in 2010. This was before I was a trophy hunter. I just loved the game so much back on PS2 I wanted to go for it. NO guide or anything used. It wasn't difficult at all. 

1 hour ago, pahiran said:

Dude...that was the first platinum trophy I ever obtained back in 2010. This was before I was a trophy hunter. I just loved the game so much back on PS2 I wanted to go for it. NO guide or anything used. It wasn't difficult at all. 

Maybe it was different on the PS2 then.  Bad ports can indeed happen and I honestly felt the controls were awful and I'll never touch another game in the series again after that awful experience.

On 8/27/2020 at 0:53 PM, AndresLionheart said:

0% lists most definitely count towards the total, they just don't show on the leaderboard.  If 0%s didn't count, then games with easy first trophies that involve starting the game or watching an intro scene would have a trophy that is 100% rarity when often they do not.  0%s only don't count against the player in their unearned trophies and completion. What is more likely is that many of those people also remove the trophy list once they give up, which actually makes a lot of sense.  Why keep a game on a profile if one doesn't plan on going back to it?

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Maybe it was different on the PS2 then.  Bad ports can indeed happen and I honestly felt the controls were awful and I'll never touch another game in the series again after that awful experience.

You can say this for a lot of PS2 generation titles.

It's an old game now. I love it because there is a bit of nostalgia tied into it and whatnot. For somebody who never played it back in 2005 - 2006, their impressions on the game are likely to be a lot different.

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

You can say this for a lot of PS2 generation titles.

It's an old game now. I love it because there is a bit of nostalgia tied into it and whatnot. For somebody who never played it back in 2005 - 2006, their impressions on the game are likely to be a lot different.

Also very true.  Someone playing it more recently is also likely to hold it to standards of the time they played it in, in my case in 2017-2018.  I also know I'm a bit spoiled by the Ys series and its smooth and fluid controls when so many action RPGs fail to even give us that much.  Graphic quality isn't something I care about when I play an older game.  I expect that something with as huge of a budget as God of War had to at least have as good of controls as a lower budget game like Ys VI, which came out around the same time.  I'm honestly sick of popular games that have pretty graphics and then forget to devote any attention to everything that makes a game fun.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Also very true.  Someone playing it more recently is also likely to hold it to standards of the time they played it in, in my case in 2017-2018.  I also know I'm a bit spoiled by the Ys series and its smooth and fluid controls when so many action RPGs fail to even give us that much.  Graphic quality isn't something I care about when I play an older game.  I expect that something with as huge of a budget as God of War had to at least have as good of controls as a lower budget game like Ys VI, which came out around the same time.  I'm honestly sick of popular games that have pretty graphics and then forget to devote any attention to everything that makes a game fun.

That's sort of why I didn't like God of War 2018 all too much. It was obvious the developers enjoyed Game of Thrones and they tried to emulate some of that into the game.

The target audience really was people who probably never were all too much into gaming before the PS3 generation, or even the PS2 generation. Much of God of War 2018 was basically telling one big story... which is fine, many people like that, but it's not my cup of tea. If you want me to give your game a very high rating past a 7 or 8 out of 10, your game has to be a lot of fun to play.

My opinion is God of War 2018 just wasn't all that fun. The game moves much too slowly, I didn't like the relationship between Kratos and his brat son Atreus, many enemy encounters were stale, and the game's version of Challenge of the Gods (Trials of Muspelheim) was downright pathetic. Only a couple fight encounters were actually epic and enjoyable.

In the old God of War (God of War 1 & 2) you were consistently getting pitted against various enemies. You could be climbing a titan's back (which looked awesome even back in 2005) and then a few moments later you're into a big fight with some enemies. Then the game breaks up the combat with some platforming and maybe a box puzzle. It wasn't overly difficult, the difficulty felt just right and it was just a lot of fun to play. The game didn't drag you down with a melodramatic fused story with some crap that worsened the relationship between a few characters. The old God of War treated itself first and foremost as a game with decent gameplay. The combat was addicting and satisfying.

In modern games especially stuff like God of War 2018 and Ghosts of Tsushima, I feel like half the time you're just watching a movie. I can watch a modern day Netflix drama series or an Amazon Prime drama series and I can get the exact same effect. If Game of Thrones were instead a video game, it would be God of War 2018 or Ghosts of Tsushima. If those games were a television show, it would be Game of Thrones. Detroit: Become Human would be Mr Robot, and vice versa.

In my mind, Super Mario Bros 3 and Legend of Zelda on the NES, and Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on the Sega Genesis will always be more fun.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

Guacamelee! 2 has some pretty damn difficult platforming sections in it and requires full 100% completion/exploration of the game and yet it sits at 33.59% for the platinum.

The original, far easier, sits at 9.89% platinum rate. I suppose the grand majority of the people who played the 2nd game also played the 1st, and thus it's completion percentage is "inflated" in the sense not many casuals dabbled in the 2nd game (plus the original has 150k owners vs. 11.5k on the 2nd game)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, realm722 said:

Guacamelee! 2 has some pretty damn difficult platforming sections in it and requires full 100% completion/exploration of the game and yet it sits at 33.59% for the platinum.

The LAST Pollo dungeon, let me just say it felt like some Super Meat Boy type obstacles got thrown in there. That one took me a good while to finish.