What’s the most amount of money you have ever spent at one time on the PSN store?

usapro2017

One of my PSN friends messaged me and said he spent £250 on the new Hidden Gems Sale. He bought every Ratalika game along with all the POWGI games and  all the Sometimes You games.

He is now bragging that he will have tons of Platinums soon ?

Think I have only spent £20 at most at a time on the PSN store as I prefer buying and collecting physical games. I only buy digital only games that look interesting.

Edited by usapro2017
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, DieHardDavidN said:

RIP that guy’s wallet!

I’m curious as to once he has burned through all those cheap/easy games, whether he will feel good about it or end up regretting spending £250 in one go just for Platinums?

People willing to do that don't feel regret. Otherwise, they wouldn't do it. All that matters to them is +1 Platinum trophy.

• Like 1

I think at most which was recently in the hidden gems sale, I just spent roughly £30 - £40? I was going to actually spend up to 100 which would’ve included the NA stacks as well but I decided NO as I will not be happy with how much I would’ve had left in my bank ? with bills to pay, I’m happy with my purchases and we all know these sales will again come in the future so no need to sort of mass purchase at one time 

On 27/08/2020 at 9:22 PM, Elk_mistral said:

I'm putting around 300$-400$ every month. I don't purcharse physical game anymore since you need to install em, no more instruction booklet or descent stuff are include . it's like a fake digital. 

What??!! Physical is "fake digital"....??. 

You are brainwashed by big business that wants to kill physical gaming and push everybody to digital so they can charge top dollar for a download for the life of a game.

You never actually own anything with digital, digital is fake.

Mindsets like this are killing gaming for the gamers.

For me it would have been sonewhete between $100 and $150 for a lot of games only available on digital, purchased during a sale. 

Edited by the_game_nerd

16 minutes ago, the_game_nerd said:

What??!! Physical is "fake digital"....??. 

You are brainwashed by big business that wants to kill physical gaming and push everybody to digital so they can charge top dollar for a download for the life of a game.

You never actually own anything with digital, digital is fake.

Mindsets like this are killing gaming for the gamers.

For me it would have been sonewhete between $100 and $150 for a lot of games only available on digital, purchased during a sale. 

I respect the way you think. I was against digital for years, i'm 100% physical for switch. But for the PS4 you need to install the full game, you don't get any booklet or special stuff. the Disc seem to be use for a copyright protection only. so i prefer to start my ps4 without having the troubble to change the disc for a matter of copyright only. but like i said i respect physical buyer for ps4. It's true you can resell a disc, but i never resell my stuff. 

On 27/08/2020 at 1:52 PM, Elk_mistral said:

I'm putting around 300$-400$ every month. I don't purcharse physical game anymore since you need to install em, no more instruction booklet or descent stuff are include . it's like a fake digital. 

Digital is literally borrowing a game on a service. I do it for certain games because it's convenient but physical is something you can really own, something to put on your name

I think $250 and I got a huge number of big titled games in a sale back in May I think it was. Control Deluxe Edition, God Of War, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, The Witcher Complete Edition, Spider-Man + all dlc, Remnant: From the Ashes, Deponia Collection, Bound in Flame and several more I know I can't remember at the moment.

Around $50. I'm a cheapskate.

My general buying policy is that AAA titles have to be $20 or less, mid-tier games under $10, and small indies around $5. I make occasional exceptions, though.

Edited by ScarecrowsFate
  • Like 1

i believe the highest digitally was $30 for Saint's Row the Third ( love this game so much )

and $41.92 physically for Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash, mine was the No Shirt No Shoes, All Service Edition, it came in a big box contain the base game, a DVD, a soundtrack CD ( ps4 cannot read CD's for some reasons unknown ? ) as i had to use the laptop for it, and finally an art book, and some DLC's

these is what i believe my highest since then i went back buying games when they get a price drop, physically or digital. 

Back in the day when they did the 99 cent sales and I was a high schooler with no financial responsibilities, I've spent around 50ish dollars on games in one basket. Not regularly, but enough to bury me in a backlog of 99 cent quality games that I will never dig myself out of. 

I don't buy physical games. I move too much and they are too much hassle to pack up and bring with me. 

On 8/27/2020 at 7:30 AM, DieHardDavidN said:

RIP that guy’s wallet!

I’m curious as to once he has burned through all those cheap/easy games, whether he will feel good about it or end up regretting spending £250 in one go just for Platinums?

when i buy a lot of games in bulk, i buy some longer ones too so it doesnt just feel like a huge waste.

back to the main question, i think it was like $150. my first ratalaika haul, i just started trophy hunting so i got the "classics" (lmao) like zeroptian invasion, mekabolt, and super weekend mode.

I believe it was when I pre-ordered the Super Deluxe Edition of Borderlands 3 off of the PS Store last year. Which was $100 USD. 

However, this was right at the end of the Sony Rewards trophy passes...so I had $50 worth of PSN money from them that I put towards it. So while I spent $100 on the store, only half that was out of pocket. 

On 8/27/2020 at 4:26 AM, usapro2017 said:

One of my PSN friends messaged me and said he spent £250 on the new Hidden Gems Sale. He bought every Ratalika game along with all the POWGI games and  all the Sometimes You games.

He is now bragging that he will have tons of Platinums soon 1f644.png

Think I have only spent £20 at most at a time on the PSN store as I prefer buying and collecting physical games. I only buy digital only games that look interesting.

Good lord, I spent 30 bucks on that sale and still felt insane. I guess I should feel better now. I doubt I’ve ever spent more than 65 dollars at a time, just for new releases.