Legend of Dragoon Remastered?

PalaceOfLove706

Feels like "rumor" is a strong word in this case. Bluepoint's technical director answered "I love “The Legend of Dragoon”. Perhaps it should be a project?" when asked what he thought about the game and then it was their troll Halloween tweet which was about about a dozen games. It could happen but there aren't any rumors about it being in development. 

4 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

Feels like "rumor" is a strong word in this case. Bluepoint's technical director answered "I love “The Legend of Dragoon”. Perhaps it should be a project?" when asked what he thought about the game and then it was their troll Halloween tweet which was about about a dozen games. It could happen but there aren't any rumors about it being in development. 

Did you like the game?

On operationalizing my language, I just say “rumours” since that’s the term coming up in news around it. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/gamerant.com/ps5-leak-legend-of-dragoon-remake-remaster/amp/

2 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

Did you like the game?

I actually replayed the game just recently on my Vita and I don't think it holds up that well in 2020 to be completely honest. I do think there is potential in the franchise and I think aspects of the story, characters and world building could potentially be interesting in a full on remake where they more or less toss out the "game aspects" of the original and recreate them from scratch. Exploration and combat just wasn't good in the game, even if a few areas have interesting design ideas. Bluepoint's games have generally stayed almost completely true to the originals so far and I don't think the original works as a game in 2020 if they just remade the graphics. 

<vomits in mouth>

I hate that game. I hated it back when it was released, and I revisited it a couple of years ago, and hate it more now. It's just too slow. 

Speed up the battle system, get rid of the atrocious load times between field and battle, and improve vastly the story (or, perhaps, its localization), and there might be something to talk about, though that seems like a lot of effort, when remasters are typically as little effort as possible.

14 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Sure I guess. Though I think it largely depends on how the remaster would actually be done.

Frankly... it may deserve more of the 'remake' treatment (Final Fantasy 7 Remake) then the 'remaster' treatment.

I’d be down for an updated remake with redesigning to make it more contemporary. I’d pay 80 bucks for it, too. Some of the CG with the Dragoon scenes I thought was ahead of its time and I bet on the ps5 it would look amazing.

22 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

<vomits in mouth>

Why not just puke on the floor? That way I could eat it...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PSXtreme_ said:

Eyecandy not needed...

Already have original version...

Perhaps people might try to create good NEW content instead of living in the past...

But I was stronger, better, faster.

Perhaps not wiser, but I was flying higher, a little wired, my gaming skills on fire....

nostalgia anyone?

I remember Legend Of Dragoon, it ripped off FF& so much that I enjoyed it quite a lot. It had awesome music too, I would definitely play it over Square Enix's RPG offering.

BTW how does someone play it on Vita? Was never on sale on the UK store as far as I can tell.

[edit]

Yep, available in US store, just not UK store. I did not even realise it had been released at all on the store...

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2020 at 4:32 PM, enaysoft said:

Yep, available in US store, just not UK store. I did not even realise it had been released at all on the store...

Same for the rest of EU stores unfortunately. Would love to play this again.

I really enjoyed it back on PS1. It did challenge me quite a bit as a kid tho but I somehow still managed to finish it even with basic understanding of English. I'd love to play it again to understand what the hell was going on in that game, lol.

• Like 1

I would definitely consider playing this game again. I really enjoyed it the first time back in the day. The only problem is that I don't know where I would find the time to play it. My current game is taking way longer than I had hoped. I still need to finish as much of my backlog before the PS5 release.