MIssion 16 game-breaking glitch + solution

tak_106

SPOILERS BELOW, for those who have not played the game or gotten to Mission 16.

The known story-progression bug in Alien:Isolation is still there. The solution I pieced together from various sources does work, but it appears that the original game forums have disappeared along with the posts, so I will recapitulate here, hoping that it is helpful to other players out there.

The bug occurs at the end of Mission 15/beginning of Mission 16.  What happens is this:

- After finishing Mission 15 on the Anesidora, where the reactor explodes and you escape in the ambulance shuttle, the game places you in the Lorenz Systech Spire transit hub.  You will have no objectives, and no dialog to tell you what to do.  Thinking this was the free-roam part of the game that I had read about, i started walking around, but no objective updates.

- Eventually I made my way to the elevator to Seegson Communications. At this point for me, the objective updated to "Find Ricardo".  I took the elevator up to Comms, but as soon as the loading screen clears on this floor, the right stick (camera) is locked. You can move with the left stick, but can't change your view.  Not playable at this point.  

- Loading saves, making new saves, restarting the game, rebooting and restarting - tried them all but the game still bugs out upon reaching the Comms floor.

- The solution (as posted elsewhere) is to reload Mission 15.  You will notice on the Mission load screen that there is no Mission 16, despite your supposedly being in this mission. 

- Replay Mission 15 (the Anesidora) in its entirety, but do not make any manual saves.  Skip all save consoles. Yes, it's a pain on Hard, but it should only take 15 minutes or so if you are familiar with the level. Try not to get killed.

- Note: near the end of the mission you need to hack the reactor with Taylor.  The hack is a tough one: 5 characters.  You can fail this minigame (I did), which will blow up the ship and reload a checkpoint.  This is a game autosave, and is okay.  The story will still progress after this.

- Escape the Anesidora in your ambulance shuttle.  You will know if you bypassed the bug if, after loading screens, you are now in the ambulance bay of Seegson Comms.  Ricardo will immediately begin talking and your objective will update.  Your right stick will work.  Go ahead progress Mission 16.

The bug reportedly is caused by saving during Mission 15.  This somehow causes the objectives not to complete and update properly. Thus the solution of playing Mission 15 in one shot.  Apparently many players do not encounter the bug, saving or not, so if you find yourself in the ambulance bay after Mission 15, count yourself lucky.

Additional note.  During the glitched Mission 16, where you load into the transit hub, you do have free roam as long as you don't go up to Seegson Comms and encounter the camera lock.  I actually wandered all over the Sevastopol, collected most of the Nostromo logs and found a few more ID tags.  All of these collectibles will save, so when you replay Mission 15 to progress the story, you will not lose these items. I also made multiple saves during the glitched Mission 16, got killed multiple times, etc, and none of this caused any problems after I replayed Mission 15 to progress.

• Like 1

The same kind of bug happens in the end of mission 10 (ps 3 version). Cant enter the emergency air lock. The video scene dont start. Nothing help even restarting mission. I think the bug happens only when playing dlc difficulty Novice. I deleted all save files and started to play on difficulty Easy. No bugs. 

Did you play Novice difficulty too?

8 minutes ago, MARlNERO said:

The same kind of bug happens in the end of mission 10 (ps 3 version). Cant enter the emergency air lock. The video scene dont start. Nothing help even restarting mission. I think the bug happens only when playing dlc difficulty Novice. I deleted all save files and started to play on difficulty Easy. No bugs. 

I finished both the PS3 and PS4 versions on Novice but never encountered this bug, though I had plenty of other technical problems.

8 minutes ago, MARlNERO said:

No, I was playing on Hard.  I have heard independently that the Novice difficulty. which was patched into the game in an update, has a number of bugs.  Thanks for the information, as I will have to pick a difficulty when trying for the One Shot trophy.

• Like 1