Vending Spree Trophy

Seth_Loyce

10 hours ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

Has anyone worked out how many we actually need to destroy yet? I've just found my 4th but still haven't got the trophy.

One of the ones I found that none of you have mentioned yet is in the Shifted Passage through the secret passages. After the clock puzzle, you drop down & jump into the red room, the vending machine at the back left comes to life when you attack it.

What do you need to do for the Clock Puzzle?

I didn't have luck with the 4 areas mentioned in this thread at first, but I think it's because I kept fast traveling in the Investigations sector.

Fast travel out into another Sector (I traveled to Executive) and back into the Abandoned Offices point. If you see in front of you the hallway shifting, then the Vending Machines will be Altered Items. And follow the map that was given by wardragon989.

Just got the trophy. Looks like the vending machines and trophy for killing 25 airborne rangers glitched on my save file (I kept getting Foundation DLC enemies). Backed up my save, re-started DLC (via Endgame on Mission Select). First, I kept farming the rangers for the trophy until it popped. Then I restarted DLC again for the vending machines. Here's what I did: 

1. Speed-run'd my way till I got to Fra Mauro AWE Entrance checkpoint.

2. Fast traveled to Central Executive checkpoint.

3. Fast traveled to Abandoned Offices checkpoint.

4. Tried every vending machine on the way till Fru AWE checkpoint, the ones listed on map by wardragon989 (the Operation Center has 3 vending machines). No fast-travel, just running from one point to another.)

5. If enemies appeared, I cleared the area first and steered and fought them away from the machines, in case the attacks hit the machine.

6. Once I reached and tried the vending machines near Fra Mauro Entrance checkpoint, I fast traveled to C.Executive and repeated the process.

The vending machines that altered for me were (in order):

1. Operation Center - The single one near the entrance of the room.

2. (After fast traveling from C.E as mentioned above) Operation Center - One of the two machines near the exit of the room (near the door that leads to Active Investigation Checkpoint).

3 and 4. (Again after fast traveling) Abandoned Offices - #1 and #2 on the map by wardragon989. For #2, I had to clear the room first. 

I reloaded my save file after I got the trophy. Hope it helps.

EDIT: UNCONFIRMED TIP. If nothing works try this as a last resort. Looks like the game keeps track of your kills/locations found (probably in the trophy save file). For the 25 airborne ranger kills, the trophy popped after I killed the 11th. The game kept track of my previous 14 kills even after I restarted DLC. A guy on the Hidden Locations topic mentioned that he got the hidden locations trophy by resetting his save over and over and getting the same location 4 times. So, this might be the case for vending machines as well. 

Edited by pop2ww
  • Like 2

On 27.8.2020 at 10:37 PM, wardragon989 said:

I think I've kind of narrowed down the Vendor Machines. I've found 4 so far;

• Abandoned Offices (at the beginning)
  • Operations Corrdior (in the area with the omeeting rooms)
  • Operations Center (One of the double Vending Machine)
  • Fra Maruo AWE Entrance (vending machine next to the Security Entrance)

Make sure all Hiss are dead in the area before you shoot the Vendor machine otherwise it doesn't appear. I shot the vendor machine didn't appea, cleared area, then shot and it worked.

Yeah the above doesn't work just had it happen again xD

-

Edit just got the trophy updated above.

I can confirm all these locations worked for me - I had to close and restart the game though.

Fast traveling back and forth didn't seem to work in that one session.

5 hours ago, an-inFamous1337 said:

Well the bigger question for me is, where do I get to the clock puzzle? :D

Here's the location + all Hidden locations (Clock puzzle location ~1:39). Video by Redemption Gaming.

Edited by pop2ww

I can confirm that restarting the dlc doesn't reset the amount you found. I found 3 on my first playthrough(2 were at the abandoned offices the other operations center) but after resetting the dlc i found another in the exact same spot in operations center and the trophy popped after that. Glad to get this done before it leaves psnow in a few days.

16 hours ago, jgm4789 said:

I can confirm that restarting the dlc doesn't reset the amount you found. I found 3 on my first playthrough(2 were at the abandoned offices the other operations center) but after resetting the dlc i found another in the exact same spot in operations center and the trophy popped after that. Glad to get this done before it leaves psnow in a few days.

How did you restart the DLC?? I've already finished the AWE DLC bit only left this trophy...

I run over the whole new mal AWE on foot and noone vending machine appears for me... :(

I need help... Please!

Edited by Feli_RM

25 minutes ago, Feli_RM said:

How did you restart the DLC?? I've already finished the AWE DLC bit only left this trophy...

I need help... Please!

You dont have to restart it for the trophy. I got it earlier today by going to the locations mentioned above and if I didnt find any I just quit to main menu and tried again.

Worked very well.

Edited by JavaNext
Typo
  • Like 1

Just now, JavaNext said:

You dont have to restart it for the trophy. I got it earlier today by going to the locations mentioned above and if I didnt find any I just quit to main menu and tried again.

Worked very well.

Maine menú only and shooting? 

I tried,go walking (not fast travelling) to go Next machine according to map,and nothing....

I dont kwow what else I can do!!! :(

3 minutes ago, Feli_RM said:

Maine menú only and shooting? 

I tried,go walking (not fast travelling) to go Next machine according to map,and nothing....

I dont kwow what else I can do!!! :(

Yeah I shot all of the vending machines and then quit to main menu and tried again.

Tip!!! 

If you have problems with this trophy, just make a backup on your savedata y USB, then select "EndGame" from Chapter Selection, and go to AWE DLC section/mission.

Then,follow and read the comment of Kia044. It worked for me like a charm!!! 

Solve to unlock trophy Vending Spree Machines AWE Control (PS4)

Edited by Feli_RM

On 28/08/2020 at 2:14 AM, OgaZoSo said:

I just kept fast travelling from the investigations sector to the central executive. Also quiting the game and coming back. It finally popped after I put down the 4th machine

Can confirm this works. Just travelled back and fourth till it popped 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikem192 said:

Can confirm this works. Just travelled back and fourth till it popped 

Quitting and restarting the game seemed pretty important.

I did a few runs just with fast traveling without getting a single encounter. After restarting the game, three encounters in one run.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

Quitting and restarting the game seemed pretty important.

I did a few runs just with fast traveling without getting a single encounter. After restarting the game, three encounters in one run.

I think it’s purely RNG. Fast travelling got me 3/4 in 5 attempts. Then nothing for an age 

Tried the exit, restarting and travelling to 3-4 places without anything. Which also happened on the fast travelling out and back into the DLC

basically. This trophy sucks 

• Like 1