Vending Spree Trophy

Seth_Loyce

I didn't try going for this until after I completed the story and unlocked the entire map. At this point I could not trigger a single machine.

I backed up my save data, went to chapter select, and started another run after selecting endgame. Just like others have suggested. 

After this, I just speed ran to the control room with the 3 vending machines shooting all of the ones available on my way there. Should be 2 in the first room off of the elevator, 3 in the abandoned offices, and 3 in the control room. I made sure that all of the paths were open before shooting the machines because I feared barriers would obstruct the pathing and prevent the machine from triggering. This run only takes 10 minutes at most. 

After the run, depending on how many you got, you can either fast travel out and run the path again, or restart from the main menu selecting end game chapter again. I found this to be the fastest most reliable way to farm them. 

The amount killed does stack between playthrougs confirmed. Spent way more hours than it was worth trying to get it in other more 'legit' ways. Popped at number 4 for me.

Edited by zXShermanXz

On 31/8/2020 at 11:43 PM, zXShermanXz said:

I backed up my save data, went to chapter select, and started another run after selecting endgame. Just like others have suggested. 

Hey, how did you do that? I mean, i can only select missions until Take Control, no endgame option. 

Stil can't do it but i got the trophy anyway.

Edited by matigrosso91

Can confirm that this trophy does indeed seem to be bugged if you try to do it after completing the DLC's story. I tried to do it for 2-3 hours just running around the investigations sector and shooting the vending machines - I had planned a route which included 7 machines on the way- and then quitting to main menu. Not a single one of them was possessed. Even with the encounters being random, I think should have encountered at least a couple during this time.

So I followed the advice on restarting the DLC and what do you know - the second or third vending machine encountered was possessed. So I ran the same route a few more times and out of those 7 machines, on average at least one of them was possessed, sometimes 2. A few runs, several destroyed machines (I think it was 4 or 5, for me) and the trophy popped.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JalXander said:

Can confirm that this trophy does indeed seem to be bugged if you try to do it after completing the DLC's story. I tried to do it for 2-3 hours just running around the investigations sector and shooting the vending machines - I had planned a route which included 7 machines on the way- and then quitting to main menu. Not a single one of them was possessed. Even with the encounters being random, I think should have encountered at least a couple during this time.

So I followed the advice on restarting the DLC and what do you know - the second or third vending machine encountered was possessed. So I ran the same route a few more times and out of those 7 machines, on average at least one of them was possessed, sometimes 2. A few runs, several destroyed machines (I think it was 4 or 5, for me) and the trophy popped.

Did same thing after completing story. Fuck this trophy lol.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 06.09.2020 at 10:42 AM, emailking said:

I saw on another forum that if you go to another sector of the map and then fast travel back it will rest the vending machines without having to restart the DLC. I already restarted so I can't test it.

Did you test it ?

• 3 months later...

What a stupid RNG trophy... I had the same problem that machines just didn't spawn for me even anything I tried after completing DLC. Definitely the best solution is to go to Mission Select and replay the beginning until Control Room and then restart again. Got at least 1 every single run.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 2:42 AM, emailking said:

I saw on another forum that if you go to another sector of the map and then fast travel back it will rest the vending machines without having to restart the DLC. I already restarted so I can't test it.

This worked for me. I moved to a different sector and then came back to Investigation and 2 machines spawned in the same area. I was also playing after I finished the DLC so no need to restart at all.

• Like 1

After you checked all vending machine locations and you haven't gotten the trophy yet, just close the game and reopen with your save intact. Go to where vending machines are located again and destroy. They are RNG so you will have to hunt them down. 

Edited by MrTrofyHunter

49 minutes ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

After you checked all vending machine locations and you haven't gotten the trophy yet, just close the game and reopen with your save intact. Go to where vending machines are located again and destroy. They are RNG so you will have to hunt them down. 

This is what I did. I can confirm this method works.

This trophy was trash. Trophies that doesn't require anything more than luck is the worst. Anyone struggling with this just keep going through the places where the Vending Machines are. I did quit the game to main menu few times, but don't know if it helped. I also fast-traveled out of the DLC-area to Central Executive Checkpoint after shooting every machine in to pieces. Eventually I got the fourth Altered Machine to spawn. Took me about an hour just grinding the last one to appear. Fun.

Got it in ~5 min on both this version and the PS5 one via..

1) Check Abandoned Offices (there's two just around corner by the metal detectors)

2) Fast Travel to Operations Center (and try the 3 on the 2nd level by power core)

3) If one spawns you can turn on 1 Hit Kill to make things easier (just make sure its off when testing vending machines otherwise they don't seem to spawn)

4) Once you complete your loop go back to a control point to save + exit to main menu

5) Reload save and repeat

I ended up getting it both times in about 2-4 laps

• Like 2

For anyone trying this on PS5 and running into issues, here is what I just did and would recommend anyone that seems to have a bugged save that is no longer spawning Altered Vending Machines.

Background? I got 3 vending machines during my initial play through of this DLC and didn't feel like farming it and decided to enjoy the rest of the DLC before coming back for 1 more Vending Machine (after all, how hard should that have been?!). I tried the method mentioned above about shooting the 3 vending machines in the offices, fast traveling to the Operations Center, and shooting the 3 in that room, quitting to menu, rinse and repeat probably at least 20 times before I went nuclear. See below for how I managed to get this in 5 minutes instead of grinding

1. If you find that you finished the DLC and these vending machine aren't spawning you are likely in the scenario of needing to 'backup' your saved game and restart the DLC to get the remaining vending machines
  2. Since there is no way to back up to a USB drive with PS5s, you have to trick your console into NOT backing up your local file into the PS Plus cloud. in order to do this, go to Settings>Saved Data>Console Storage>Upload to Cloud Storage>Check the box for your control save>click Upload Note that this brings up a notice that if you manually sync this save, it will no longer auto save. THIS IS GOOD FOR THIS SITUATION.
  3. This will make it so your cloud back up is your main save and now you can restart the DLC from the chapter select of "Endgame"
  4. Once you restart in end game, run out of the directors office, to central executive, and go down the elevator to the Investigations Sector
  5. Start through the DLC by going through the Oceanview Hotel, etc.
  6. Start shooting the Vending Machines you probably got familiar with when grinding this
  7. One of them will probably show up as altered (for me it was the first vending machine in the Operations Center, so my 5th or 6th vending machine I encountered. 
  8. Since I had 3 from my previous save, this was the 4th one I needed and the trophy popped.
  9. I am not sure the best way to get any more than 1 vending machine other than continuing to play through, or try the fast travel rinse/repeat method until it pops.
  10. Once you have your trophy, you will want to redownload your save file from the cloud. To do this go to Settings>Saved Data>Cloud Storage>Download to Console Storage>Checkmark your Control Ultimate Edition save and download it (it should have a time stamp of before you restarted the DLC). Then when you open the game next, you should be back to where you started without losing any progress! Also, don't forget to go back to the "sync saved data" menu and turn on the auto upload for Control again!

Good luck to anyone that has to go through this method. It is super annoying that this trophy seems to be bugged and you have to bend over backwards to get it to pop by basically restarting a save, which can be super nerve-racking! 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MAUSZX said:

Damn stupid trophy, anyway will try the section method first if not then I guess I'll have to restart the damn DLC. I am not backing my save, already have everything else. 

Hi.

Re-starting the DLC does work. I must of played about 4 hours just fast travelling around, quitting to main menu and more fast travelling with nothing happening. When I started from scratch literally the first two vending machines give me the last ones I was waiting for.

I’m pretty sure I just selected ‘Endgame’ from the main menu. I didn’t delete my save, I just backed it up. Then the game put me back in the Directors office, I ran straight to the lift and restarted the DLC.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Same as above, 

Got glitched with the collectibles from the first dlc, popped after the first collectible i picked up after starting from selecting "end game" in the main menu. 

After i destroyed 3 vending machines in my first playthrough they stopped spawning, 

Started again from selecting end game in the main menu and the second machine I came across it popped. 

Thank God this game is over, not a bad game, but after 20+ hours im glad i can do something else. 

I think I'm out of luck on this one...

I completed both of the DLCs prior to finishing the main game and therefore selecting "end game" only resets the Foundation DLC for me (AWE still completed).  Does anyone know if there is a way to reset AWE as well?

EDIT: I didn't realize the mission select was tied to your actual game--so I just had to select an earlier mission to get to a point before I completed the AWE.  I then ran AWE until I unlocked the second or third waypoint and just cycled between the first two waypoints to get 4 vending machines easily (although it took 5 for the trophy to pop).

Edited by DeclioDukes

• 1 month later...

I just went thru this last night on the PS4 version after having zero issues on the PS5 version... I fast travelled out of investigations, saved, quit right out of the game and reloaded then came back to investigations to run a route thru the vending machines i know of. I ended up having to do this twice because for some reason it thought In still needed to get 3... and i know that wasn't right

On 3/6/2021 at 9:02 PM, the_benne666 said:

Daf*ck is this trophy? Been trying for hours. Fastforwarding, reloading checkpoints, loading endgame... I don't even have one to show for.

Any helpfull tricks that I missed?

It can get literally unobtainable if it gets bugged, thankfully it's solved by starting the DLC chapter again fromt the main menu. Smash the shit out of them as you progress, aparently doing it after you've played through the story can end up messing up with the RNG.

On 5-6-2021 at 1:23 AM, Seth_Loyce said:

It can get literally unobtainable if it gets bugged, thankfully it's solved by starting the DLC chapter again fromt the main menu. Smash the shit out of them as you progress, aparently doing it after you've played through the story can end up messing up with the RNG.

Thx 4 the tip. I'll try that one after I get all the rest.