I can confirm that assist mode...

NeMeSiS850

Dumb question but how do you access the DLC content? Im not seeing it in my game. 

More on topic, I think this assist mode is cool. I don't think every trophy has to be accessible to all, but we can certainly do with some inclusive features like assist mode. 

Edited by Herr Hieb
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Herr Hieb said:

Dumb question but how do you access the DLC content? Im not seeing it in my game. 

More on topic, I think this assist mode is cool. I don't think every trophy has to be accessible to all, but we can certainly do with some inclusive features like assist mode. 

You go to the PSN store and simply download it if you got the season pass or you have to oh for the standalone dlc. Then make sure you have the update installed.

Final step is to activate the mission tied to it as your active mission once you load up the game.

16 minutes ago, NeMeSiS850 said:

You go to the PSN store and simply download it if you got the season pass or you have to oh for the standalone dlc. Then make sure you have the update installed.

Final step is to activate the mission tied to it as your active mission once you load up the game.

Thanks. I was expecting to see arcade mode in the menu or something like that.

3 minutes ago, Herr Hieb said:

Thanks. I was expecting to see arcade mode in the menu or something like that.

I misunderstood your question. Arcade mode is activated during the first boss fight you encounter. It’s in that same area before going down the big elevator. Interact with it and beat either mode.

Well this makes all the trophies incredibly easy and I think takes the platinum difficulty down to a 2. With immortality you still take damage but you can't die. You just stay alive when the health bar is down to 0. There are some parts in the main game where you have to run between 2 tasks quickly, or quickly orient yourself to fit through small gaps, but the vast majority of the game's difficulty is gone with this. Not sure how I feel about an optional god mode being included before completion. I would rather the difficulty would be more balanced and for it to be less likely for your whole health bar to be depleted by freak explosions you can't anticipate. I wonder if they'll include this in the ultimate edition. Seems like it's not an accident that they waited until the last DLC to add this.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, sephirothdude said:

The assist update is out then? I gave up half way through because of difficulty.

Yeah it's out. Turn on invulnerability and you can't die. You can turn on damage modifiers if you don't want to go that far. So far as we can tell no trophies get locked out.

• Like 1

The only thing that would make this game easier for me would be to have the hidden areas and collectibles all show up on the map.  Gameplay wise this game was maybe a 3/10 to begin with.  It's not hard at all.  People feel like if they die a few times than the game is difficult.  Games are not always meant to be played through like a movie. Sometimes it adds to the replay-ability and enjoyment of gaming to die a few times so that when you finally win it feels good.  Like I say shit in this game is hidden real well sometimes and to me that is the only difficult part.  I really can't believe people gave up on this game because it was hard.  I can't imagine why anybody would feel this was hard other than getting lost and having to find your way a lot.  

• Like 3

On 8/27/2020 at 10:15 PM, BestUsername---- said:

I'm glad this is a thing. The game is tough but that's not why I'm going to use it. (No judgement if someone else does.) But rather to actually feel like I progressed in the game if that makes sense. I never got the feeling that I was evolving but rather stayed on par with the enemies. It didn't feel like I was becoming a bad-ass Director in other words.

Agree 100%. By the end I felt like I should have been annihilating everything in my path but instead I was going down like a sack of shit every couple of minutes. I love this game, purely for its world building and story but my god the combat is so unbalanced. If they do a sequel I hope they revamp the combat big time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

Agree 100%. By the end I felt like I should have been annihilating everything in my path but instead I was going down like a sack of shit every couple of minutes. I love this game, purely for its world building and story but my god the combat is so unbalanced. If they do a sequel I hope they revamp the combat big time.

exactly! Getting one or two hit killed in the DLC blew my mind. Fully maxed out shouldn’t be that difficult so I’m glad the introduced this 

(worth going the main game without them for sure) 

but the post game DLC clean up is so much better with these enabled. Was pretty frustrating walking around finding secret areas just to die all the time 

On 27/08/2020 at 10:15 PM, BestUsername---- said:

I'm glad this is a thing. The game is tough but that's not why I'm going to use it. (No judgement if someone else does.) But rather to actually feel like I progressed in the game if that makes sense. I never got the feeling that I was evolving but rather stayed on par with the enemies. It didn't feel like I was becoming a bad-ass Director in other words.

I haven’t played it, but one of the reasons is I heard it has auto adjust difficulty. A type of enemy scaling on steroids that automatically keeps enemies within a difficulty range and then lowers enemy difficulty until it becomes easy enough for any player as needed based on if they keep dying

I really hate enemy scaling in games anyway. This sounded awful.

Have I misunderstood something?

I didn't think the game was very hard at all, but I'm still glad they put this in.  There are some enemy encounters in Control that are pretty badly balanced (Mold 1).  I'm fine with dying repeatedly in a game because "yeah I should have played better/git gud" but there were definitely some encounters in Control that when I died, it just felt cheap.  

On 8/31/2020 at 3:17 PM, RedDevil757 said:

Things like this should disable trophies.

?

• Like 2

I played the first chunk of this game and didn’t find it too hard, but unfortunately it did bore me more than it probably should have. This will probably coerce me into giving it a second chance. Sucks that it’s no longer on PS Now, though!

Edited by JD-D2