I can confirm that assist mode...

NeMeSiS850

3 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

I haven’t played it, but one of the reasons is I heard it has auto adjust difficulty. A type of enemy scaling on steroids that automatically keeps enemies within a difficulty range and then lowers enemy difficulty until it becomes easy enough for any player as needed based on if they keep dying

I really hate enemy scaling in games anyway. This sounded awful.

Have I misunderstood something?

There's no difficulty setting that you can choose from. Some areas are easier than others, and some bosses are huge difficulty spikes in terms of raw game play. I didn't hear about adaptive difficulty for this game, and I never felt that was the case either. But I could be wrong.

As the story and game progresses you can upgrade Jesse with other abilities. If you don't upgrade the enemies will get harder and harder, as they will do more damage and have more armor almost requiring you to get health and energy upgrades. Before the update that was the closest you had to a difficulty adjustment. The harder you want, the less upgrades you get. The problem was that the more upgrades you had didn't mean the game was going to be easier, just more manageable as the enemies will always be on par with you.

I am not sure about all the statements. The Workplace Recreation trophy seems to be blocked. I played one game in the Arcade Mode, I lost (didn't see any mention that I have to win) and I haven't unlock the trophy. I think the Assist Mode disables the trophies.

Edit : I won and get the trophy, that popped very late. I assume just playing isn't enough.

Edited by Pelotedeneige

3 hours ago, Pelotedeneige said:

I am not sure about all the statements. The Workplace Recreation trophy seems to be blocked. I played one game in the Arcade Mode, I lost (didn't see any mention that I have to win) and I haven't unlock the trophy. I think the Assist Mode disables the trophies.

Edit : I won and get the trophy, that popped very late. I assume just playing isn't enough.

Yeah, the trophy description isn’t clear but you definitely have to beat one of the arcade games. Glad you sorted it out. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AlvinoMartin said:

One hour into the game, I still dont get the trophies for hitting 3 enemies in the same time with a single launch and attaching grenades to object and launching it to an enemy. I did that several times. Are those glitched? 

Do you have the correct ability where you can pick up 3 separate items at one time using L2? 
it’s not just hit 3 enemies with one item 

• 5 months later...

Only annoying thing is your screen still turns red from low health in God mode. What's the point of lowering your health at all in a god mode. I'm glad the option exists though because parts in the dlc with the light puzzles would have sucked without it.

yes, for some unknown reason assistent mode doesn´t disable the trophies.
I played the game normal (it´s not that hard) but in the DLC later at the end couldn´t beat the Arcade Mode so i looked for tips and found out there is a god mode. Seriously i didn´t know that was a thing in the game. Maybe they added the mode later via update?! I got the Arcade Trophy while in god mode and i´m ok with that ;)

If cross-save was a thing across the generation ports, I wouldn't bother with assist mode. But I'm too lazy to go through that initial struggle and hussle all over again to get Jesse fully-loaded so I will be using it.

Edited by Eraezr

I’m always on the fence when it comes to these sorts of things. These assists didn’t exist when I platinumed the game, but they definitely came in handy a couple weeks ago when I got the Ultimate Edition on PS+ and got a chance to clean up the 100%. They make a lot of the kill related trophies less tedious.

Every player will have to decide for themselves if and how much they want to use these cheats, but personally I wouldn’t recommend relying on them too heavily. Control is a pretty neat little game, and the combat scenarios are one of the best parts. But overuse of the cheats like god mode and 1-hit kills will very quickly turn this game into an incredibly boring and tedious experience. Just something to consider.

• Like 1