Difficulty and time to complete

Champ147

As the title suggests, I'm wondering how this game is in terms of difficulty and the amount of time needed to get the plat? I have both plats for the Hotline Miami games and this looks like something very similar to those games. So I guess as a reference point, is it easier or harder than Hotline Miami? 

Edit: Ok, I've now gone through the game and have the plat. To answer my own question, I'd give it a 5/10 personally. It's for sure easier than Hotline Miami games. Time to complete for me was between 10-20 hours. 

Edited by Champ147
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, YairGOW said:

Do you happen to have any tips/guides for this?

Couldn't find any trophy guide online, and am worried about missables, though it does looks pretty straight forward from the trophy list.

Nothing is missable in this game. There is a chapter/level select so you can go back and work on getting the collectibles and S grade. All the skill related kills can be farmed. The hardest trophy IMO is the one for beating the game in co-op. Though it can also be fairly fun, especially the final stage. That's as far as I'll go there to not spoil anything.  

As for tips on the S grade, you are rated on time, deaths, and combo. With that, I just say be very aggressive in every level and you'll get the S grade. You can die a few times so you don't have to play each level perfectly to get that S score. But moving quickly and killing enemies quickly (to get that combo) is the key to S grade. There is also a perk you can unlock to increase the time between kills to still have it combo if you having a hard time on combos. Or there is one that'll allow you to survive 1 hit that would otherwise kill you if having a hard time surviving. And don't forget to use your character skills and get proficient at switching characters on the fly and you shouldn't have any problems. 

Not a long plat as you can do it in 10-20 hours. Difficulty I personally give it a 5 as a few sections can be tricky but nothing that can't be done after a few tries once you figure out a good strategy that works for you. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, YairGOW said:

Amazing. Thanks!

I'm planning to play the whole game in coop, so hopefully it won't be too bad. 

Is there anything that can't be done in coop, btw?

I don't think you can do the arcade in co-op but I might be wrong, it's been a while. 

The leveling up of Harry and Judy go on a player by player system. While in co-op you can control just one of the two, and in doing so, level up that one character. The exp that the other player gets with the other character does not count for you. So each player will have to fully level up each character on their own. This can be done in co-op but may require more play through as you will need to exit and switch characters.  

EDIT: The same applies to the character specific skill trophies. If your partner gets one for their character, you do not. So you each must complete all the skill trophies with the character in question as only the player controlling said character gets the trophy. 

Edited by Champ147
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

for me, this game is 3/10. Waaaaaay easier than Hotline Miami (and Hotline was easy too, while Hotline 2 was harder). You can die 5-6 times and still get an S in the end, if you are quick and combo the entire level (it's possibile with the first perk, Combomania, as Champ already said).

By the way, for some levels, the increased range + deflecting ability of Harry's Sword is a must. For the rest, just use Judy's Whip with Piercing ability and increased range and you will wipeout anyone from a safe distance and never run out the combo meter (with combomania).

For the rest, use the guide on Steam to find every collectible. For the abilities of the two characters, you can actually use the skill, die and repeat until a trophy unlocks. I've done it in this way for some particular skills that i didn't like (like the exploding corpses). Ah, i've used the final cluster of enemies in the church in level 2 of chapter 1 to do some other trophies.

Edited by APCGrayLocked
  • Like 3