This game is $9.99 on Hidden Gems Sale. Play It!!!

BKnocheese

I've previously completed this game on the Switch, and was tempted to complete it on PS4 when I saw it was on sale. To my dismay, I see not many people own this game on PSN Profiles. I just wanted to vouch for this game and hopefully convince some people who either are on the fence for this game, or have never heard of it, to give it a try. Here are some characteristics that define the game:

1) It is a fun, well balanced action platformer. If platformers aren't your thing, the game really isn't hard. It gradually introduces its mechanics as you progress, and in no time you'll be swinging through this game like a pro.

2) The writing is funny and top-notch. It's not something that comes across at first glance, but The Messenger has a great sense of humor and an interesting story to go along with it. It's sure to keep you interested throughout your playthrough.

3) The music is full of bangers. Just check out some of the soundtracks yourself!

4) It's a fairly easy platinum! The game already has over a 30% platinum score on the website, so if your looking for a fun, relatively quick, and very do-able plat this game has it. There is one trophy that might give you some headache, but there are guides that make it easier.

5) The mechanics in the game are very interesting and well implemented. I'm not going into much detail here because I believe you should see it for yourself, but there are mechanics in the game, if done improperly, can be detrimental to a game. This game does it exquisitly and is polished to a tee.

It's only proper that this game is on the Hidden Gems Sale, because it really is one! If your interested at all, I say pick it up. Especially taking advantage of the sale going on.

• Like 2

This game has been on sale for this price for longer than it has been at its normal price since 30th March, so even if you miss out this time, chances are it will be at this price again in the near future.

Also, there is free DLC for this, so don't forget to also pick that up!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2020 at 8:11 PM, BKnocheese said:

I've previously completed this game on the Switch, and was tempted to complete it on PS4 when I saw it was on sale. To my dismay, I see not many people own this game on PSN Profiles. I just wanted to vouch for this game and hopefully convince some people who either are on the fence for this game, or have never heard of it, to give it a try. Here are some characteristics that define the game:

1) It is a fun, well balanced action platformer. If platformers aren't your thing, the game really isn't hard. It gradually introduces its mechanics as you progress, and in no time you'll be swinging through this game like a pro.

2) The writing is funny and top-notch. It's not something that comes across at first glance, but The Messenger has a great sense of humor and an interesting story to go along with it. It's sure to keep you interested throughout your playthrough.

3) The music is full of bangers. Just check out some of the soundtracks yourself!

4) It's a fairly easy platinum! The game already has over a 30% platinum score on the website, so if your looking for a fun, relatively quick, and very do-able plat this game has it. There is one trophy that might give you some headache, but there are guides that make it easier.

5) The mechanics in the game are very interesting and well implemented. I'm not going into much detail here because I believe you should see it for yourself, but there are mechanics in the game, if done improperly, can be detrimental to a game. This game does it exquisitly and is polished to a tee.

It's only proper that this game is on the Hidden Gems Sale, because it really is one! If your interested at all, I say pick it up. Especially taking advantage of the sale going on.

On 8/27/2020 at 8:47 PM, Keyser Soze said:

is this easier than Ninja Gaiden on NES?

Ninja Gaiden on the NES was notorious for being ridiculously hard. It's up there with Battletoads as some of the hardest NES games that actually aren't broken.

There were plenty of broken NES games back then that were hard simply due to badly designed game mechanics.

The Messenger is basically a throwback to the 8 bit/16 bit generation of gaming. Anyone who grew up on Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis/Megadrive should feel right at home with The Messenger.

I wouldn't call this game very easy, there are a couple tough parts, particularly the DLC where you have to do a good amount of platforming that takes a little skill. There's also that trophy for getting through an entire area in the dark without any light, which frustrated me and required me to look up a video on YouTube.

Edited by Spaz

7 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Ninja Gaiden on the NES was notorious for being ridiculously hard. It's up there with Battletoads as some of the hardest NES games that actually aren't broken.

There were plenty of broken NES games back then that were hard simply due to badly designed game mechanics.

The Messenger is basically a throwback to the 8 bit/16 bit generation of gaming. Anyone who grew up on Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis/Megadrive should feel right at home with The Messenger.

I wouldn't call this game very easy, there are a couple tough parts, particularly the DLC where you have to do a good amount of platforming that takes a little skill. There's also that trophy for getting though an entire area in the dark without any light, which frustrated me and required me to look up a video on YouTube.

AJ don't tell me you gave up 100% on Arkham City?!