A New Power Trophy

I'm guessing A New Power trophy is missable.. I'm on year 5, having never played the game before so I didn't have any knowledge and didn't create multiple characters with Alchemist, Merchant, Tailor trades... So not only does this game not have a platinum, but there is a potential missable trophy. I really hope there is a workaround as far the greatest weapon scroll dropping in the bonus dungeons or something. Unless it relates to newer weapons available in this version through the bonus dungeons.

Which weapon are you talking about?, like the one you have that according to you is the one related to the trophy.

As far as I remember you needed Orichalcum, some (if not all) of the Trades at max level, and am not sure if 5 years is just way too early for all of that.

I just read that there's an Ultima Weapon for each class which I didn't remember, I do remember that my Clavat had the Ragnarok (which was the very last upgrade) and it took me a pretty damn long time to get.

Edited by YORGOS_PB
autocorrect

2 minutes ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

Well i'm just assuming, taking a guess the trophy is connected to the Ultima weapons. Hopefully someone else can confirm this.

You need the Scroll for that Trophy.

"The Greatest Weapon scroll is given to you by your father if you chose the Alchemist home job and leveled it to 12. Then you need materials. For example Ultimite. Ultimite can be purchased from a level 3 Merchant family in Tipa. So you have to level up the merchant too.

Once you've gathered up the materials and scroll you can craft one of the ultimate weapons at a level 3 Blacksmith in Tipa."

Source: https://game8.co/games/Final-Fantasy-Crystal-Chronicles-Remastered/archives/294570#hl_2

It's grindy. And it takes some time. Legendary weapons don't work for this trophy. Good Luck with that.

Yeah I have the Excalibur for my Clavat I got it on Year 4 so of course it isn't related to the trophy. I thought so about the Ultima weapons which I why I stated it on my original post about the greatest scroll. I'm hoping I don't have to do a 2nd run, i've added the Alchemist on Year 4 which is probably too late to get a Level 12? I've been using that website also, obviously found about it late though.

On 8/28/2020 at 0:45 PM, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

Yeah I have the Excalibur for my Clavat I got it on Year 4 so of course it isn't related to the trophy. I thought so about the Ultima weapons which I why I stated it on my original post about the greatest scroll. I'm hoping I don't have to do a 2nd run, i've added the Alchemist on Year 4 which is probably too late to get a Level 12? I've been using that website also, obviously found about it late though.

You can still take your Alchemist to Lv 12, you just won't get there as early. So maybe it will be year 16 or something, but you can get your Alchemist father to Lv 12. However, the weapon scroll from the Alchemist family is not necessary for the trophy. The trophy comes from the post-game additional NEW weapons added. Check out my guide for more info.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/11342-final-fantasy-crystal-chronicles/9-a-new-power

EDIT: Just read your latest post. You are correct, you will still get the scroll.

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen

There are some new remaster scrolls thats even stronger than ultima weapons aswell. Requiring materials from the new dungeons.

Same with armor, belt etc too. The highest atk weapons are at about 54 strength now.

So could be those. Considering people could have the ultima done almost already by year 5 if so be, and lucky on drops from dungeons in cycle 3.

Maybe it isnt The greatest scroll that counts anymore, but rather 1 of the new ones.

edit: can confirm A New Power requires Garden weapon or Paradise weapon scrolls.

Marr's Pass blacksmith (Lilty/midget) can craft them.

materials are:

2 adamantite

2 rainbow stones

1 Wind Crystal

Also note the new dungeons change daily, and are not set.

Edited by Cissa90

3 hours ago, A210221100 said:

i got one of the new weapon scrolls and i need to find 1 adamantite and 1 scarletite to craft it any ideas where these items drop from?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ca_YYt3YAfaop_QAKVx8eSQMP6BnOsVdm1-iaUSmUY4/edit

check there.

Adamantite can be gotten from:

Miasma Pit
Foggy Swamp
Goblin Festival
Rainy Ruins

scarletite:

Miasma Pit

Also note from the doc:

Reloading an autosave that occurs when you reach the boss battle allows you to "reroll" your loot set so you only need to redo the boss fight and not the entire dungeon super helpful for farming set 8. Can also be done to change chest loot since the game autosaves after a screen transition

• Like 3

On 8/28/2020 at 6:54 PM, Cissa90 said:

There are some new remaster scrolls thats even stronger than ultima weapons aswell. Requiring materials from the new dungeons.

Same with armor, belt etc too. The highest atk weapons are at about 54 strength now.

So could be those. Considering people could have the ultima done almost already by year 5 if so be, and lucky on drops from dungeons in cycle 3.

Maybe it isnt The greatest scroll that counts anymore, but rather 1 of the new ones.

edit: can confirm A New Power requires Garden weapon or Paradise weapon scrolls.

Marr's Pass blacksmith (Lilty/midget) can craft them.

materials are:

2 adamantite

2 rainbow stones

1 Wind Crystal

Also note the new dungeons change daily, and are not set.

So I read somewhere that the scrolls are located in the last two missions. Foggy Swamp and Rainy Ruins or whatever they are called post game. I ran Rainy Ruins and didn’t get shit except the trophy for the hardest energy being felled. Can you confirm the scrolls are located there? Is is dropped from the boss or in a chest? If it’s a chest can I grab it and leave the level or do I have to finish? Thanks I’m advance! 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

GUYS, BEWARE - IMPORTANT:

there are weapons in the game called "Ultimate" ("Ultima" in the Japanese version) weapons - THESE ARE NOT the weapons required to obtain this trophy!! The weapons you have to obtain for this trophy are in POST game (Garden, Paradise, Aurora, Storm).

My sis made a new save just for this trophy and blew through 13 years to get an "ultimate" weapon only to find out that weapon name was misleading...!!

;--; Happy caravanning!~ (^~^;)ゞ