Returning for a New Game Plus run on Ultra Hard

SonOfaGodKilla

Ok so i played this game in 2018 and finished it. I currently trying to 100% all my games and have this to do but i cant really remember what weapons are the best to have so im looking for some recommendations on what weapons i should have to tackle a ultra hard play through. Regarding armour i have the shield weaver set so that should do right? 

• Like 2

I don't remember what weapons I used for my NG+ Ultra Hard run but as for armor I used Shield Weaver for combat, after combat I used an armor you can get in Frozen Wilds DLC that automatically heals you, I think it was called the Banuk Chieftain armor or something like that. While moving around I used my best stealth armor so as to not aggro everything around me.

• Like 1

I remember using the stealth outfit to sneak through most areas and would switch to Shield Weaver for combat. I remember I used tearblast arrows, fire arrows and hard point arrows the most (three at a time for all arrows with the upgrade). My friend found Ultra Hard really hard because he was going in guns blazing all the time. I found Ultra Hard a cakewalk because I did things mostly stealth.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just finished New Game Plus on Ultra Hard. Went for it being level 60 fully upgraded character, having done the entire base game and the Frosen Wilds dlc prior.

I used Shield Weaver and the dlc weapons for the entire playthrough, it was basically a story mode speedrun with no regard for side quests. I used my mount to run away from enemies encountered on my way to the next quest. The whole endeavor lasted about 6 hours.

• Like 2

I did NG+ on Ultra Hard right after I finished my first playthrough on the super easy 'story' setting, and even with quadruple damage and half-damage output compared to my first run, it wasn't really hard.  Most of it could be called easy or easily cheeseable.  As others above said, stick only to the main story.  The only part I found challenging was the final boss fight.  The lead-up to it wasn't particularly care-free either, but with the right strategy is wasn't bad.  But for me, the boss fight required some luck.  I used pretty much everything in my arsenal.  Since I don't have the DLC, I was using only vanilla game gear.  Since you have the DLC, you might have the better gear available, which should make this fight a little easier.

• 6 months later...
On 8/28/2020 at 2:12 PM, Janire1911 said:

I don't remember what weapons I used for my NG+ Ultra Hard run but as for armor I used Shield Weaver for combat, after combat I used an armor you can get in Frozen Wilds DLC that automatically heals you, I think it was called the Banuk Chieftain armor or something like that. While moving around I used my best stealth armor so as to not aggro everything around me.

Thanks for the tip.  I'll make sure I keep an eye out for it.

• 3 weeks later...

I saved lots of shards, which was 30,000+ before starting Ultra Hard, as well as machine hearts for the Adept Hunter Bow and Adept Sharpshot Bow. Only the Shadow Blast Sling and/or Lodge Blast Sling, Adept Hunter Bow, and Adept Sharpshot Bow were the most used weapons I had in the entire NG+ UH playthrough, and no DLC weapons were used.

But as anything else, the main thing is to blaze through the main storyline, as well as dodging a lot. The last mission will most likely give you a hell of a trouble, so it is highly advisable to be prepared within that part.

Edited by the-forgotten-ro

I have a doubt. when I got the platinum for that game it was close to launch, since then I never played again. I have the disk version save, but I redeemed the free full version, so is my save still functional? and what about the new game +, that special outfit that makes Aloy almost invincible, is this outfit available from the start?

I havent played this game since it came out and i know everyone recommends doing the dlc first because once you start ng+ on ultra hard you cant change the difficulty back.

what i wanna know is can i do ng+ on ultra hard first and just save in a separate save slot because i dont want to jump straight into the dlc since i dont remember anything from the story at all.

25 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

I havent played this game since it came out and i know everyone recommends doing the dlc first because once you start ng+ on ultra hard you cant change the difficulty back.

what i wanna know is can i do ng+ on ultra hard first and just save in a separate save slot because i dont want to jump straight into the dlc since i dont remember anything from the story at all.

I just pretty much went straight up NG+ Ultra Hard once I had the plat, so I didn't put much time on the DLC. Oh, and you mean creating a save slot for the Platinum save?

Just now, the-forgotten-ro said:

I just pretty much went straight up NG+ Ultra Hard once I had the plat, so I didn't put much time on the DLC. Oh, and you mean creating a save slot for the Platinum save?

I already have my level 50 clear save back from 2017 when i last played it. What i mean is if i start on ng+ on ultra hard will that clear save file overwrite? People are saying that the dlc is unnecessarily hard on UH. 

4 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

I already have my level 50 clear save back from 2017 when i last played it. What i mean is if i start on ng+ on ultra hard will that clear save file overwrite? People are saying that the dlc is unnecessarily hard on UH. 

Oh, it overwrites all auto-save when you start an NG+ UH. That's why you have to create a manual save for the Platinum save.

• 1 year later...

Currently at the last boss but cannot defeat Helis or whatever he's called. The first stage of the final chapter. 

A couple of things I wish I knew going into NG+

1: The Frozen Wilds guns are epic, but you really must invest in hunting animals to give you more ammo capacity. I watched vids on people freezing Helis (Played the game around 60+ hours and still pathetic at remembering name) but when I try it I don't even trigger a freeze timer on him. Could be because I can only fire 20 of the freeze blast. But the base game rng hunting for animal parts killed it so much that I couldn't bare doing anymore. Also you can only farm dlc ammo upgrades in the dlc area as they require different animals to the base game. 

2: You hear a lot about the 4 slot adept weapons for NG+ only to go into it and discover you need 2 hearts of this, two hearts of that. I didn't have those and even the machine heart seller doesn't sell them in NG+ like she did in the first playthrough.