How to know which region my hard copy falls into?

manh_and_cheese

Sorry if it's being asked before. I'm kinda late to the party and bought a hard copy of this game on Amazon. However, after digging up on internet about what happened to Trials of St. Lucia DLC (and how to obtain it if I'm living in NA), I start wondering what region my hard copy falls into. When I bought it from the seller, they said it was "free region" meaning I could just buy the DLC bundle (instead of Super Bundle) from a UK/EU store and keep playing, but I really don't want to risk losing my money right now for just a few trophies. Any idea on how to know the region of the hard copy when you buy them?

Just now, DEI2EK said:

I own a hard NA copy, and the dlc from the UK store didn't work so i had to buy the UK version of the game to do the Trials DLC

^ This is what I don't want to happen lol. People keep telling me I should buy the Super Bundle just to make it safe. The only thing I know is that my game is not Divine Edition. It's probably a vanilla version of the game. But tbh I still don't know which region it came from cause when I bought it, the product was advertised as "EU Import" but it was shipped from UK.

• Like 1

What's the rating on the back (or front)? PEGI is EU and ESRB is NA.

Quick Google search shows the Divine Ed. with an ESRB rating, so you'll want to see if you can snag a digital copy off the EU Playstation Store like I did. 

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1

Have a look at the back of the case. There’s several ways to tell which region it is. There’s an icon that shows a sphere and a number, 1 is for North America and 2 is for Europe (and all countries that fall under the EU as far as game regions go like New Zealand). On the spine should be a group of letters/number (for example my copy is BLES00713) which you can compare against this list. And you can look at the disc itself, if it says PAL then it’s Europe and NTSC for NA.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Apollo said:

What's the rating on the back (or front)? PEGI is EU and ESRB is NA.

Quick Google search shows the Divine Ed. with an ESRB rating, so you'll want to see if you can snag a digital copy off the EU Playstation Store like I did. 

It is not Divine Edition actually. And I checked, it was from EU cause the region number was 2

5 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

Have a look at the back of the case. There’s several ways to tell which region it is. There’s an icon that shows a sphere and a number, 1 is for North America and 2 is for Europe (and all countries that fall under the EU as far as game regions go like New Zealand). On the spine should be a group of letters/number (for example my copy is BLES00713) which you can compare against this list. And you can look at the disc itself, if it says PAL then it’s Europe and NTSC for NA.

Thanks so much for the answer! I checked with the icon method and it said 2 (so that means it's from Europe). So quick question: Can I buy the DLC pack from UK store to play with the game or I have to buy it from a EU store?

16 minutes ago, manh_and_cheese said:

Can I buy the DLC pack from UK store to play with the game or I have to buy it from a EU store?

I’m not 100% on this as I’ve only ever bought DLC from the New Zealand store but I think you should be able to buy it from any store that falls under the EU which is all European stores as well as New Zealand, Australia and Middle Eastern countries but the UK store is probably the easiest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, manh_and_cheese said:

It is not Divine Edition actually. And I checked, it was from EU cause the region number was 2

Thanks so much for the answer! I checked with the icon method and it said 2 (so that means it's from Europe). So quick question: Can I buy the DLC pack from UK store to play with the game or I have to buy it from a EU store?

There's no thing as an EU store on its own. UK is part of the EU and very likely the shop from which you should buy the game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

There's no thing as an EU store on its own. UK is part of the EU and very likely the shop from which you should buy the game.

Oh my bad. I'm referring to the currency actually. I have an UK account and most likely will buy the DLC with UK pounds. Good to know that PS store over there is united with different currency

Edited by manh_and_cheese

23 minutes ago, manh_and_cheese said:

Oh my bad. I'm referring to the currency actually. I have an UK account and most likely will buy the DLC with UK pounds. Good to know that PS store over there is united with different currency

Oh. Mh. That wasn't obvious to me. Sorry. Maybe use EUR instead of EU in that case :) But i don't agree that it's a good thing that all PSN online shops in Europe are divided even among them with EUR currency. But that doesn't matter here.