Resident Evil Netflix Show Confirmed

DividedByMankind

I posted a leak some months ago. But now it is Confirmed??

I cant wait for this. Im a huge RE fan! It is a live action series coming to Netflix. 

What do you guys think?

https://mobile.twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1298949632379121665?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1298949632379121665|twgr^&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.spill.no%2Fnetflix-bekrefter-ryktene-resident-evil-serie-er-pa-vei-til-stormmetjenestene%2F

Edited by DividedByMankind
  • Like 2

Reading more of this sounds less like a Resident Evil property and more like a terribly written fanfiction that just happens to be in Resident Evil universe. Nothing in this screams Resident Evil. Take away the name Wesker, Racoon, Umbrella, and all you have is a pretty generic zombie script. Racoon 2? Zeroes? Wekers daughters? Why can't they do a proper Resident Evil adaptation? 

I'm expecting another Paul W.S. Anderson butchery of the source material and given how one the producers was working on CW's Supernatural, this thing is going to be a disaster. 

• Like 3

Constantine Films again though, which really worries me. As they had 7 movies to get it right, but progressively got worse.

I read the plot and wrote out what I think would happen in another thread of course they might've changed the plot around. In short just replace STARS with the kids, the new "nemesis" will be after them sent by whatever Umbrella replacement they have in the show. And it would be more like a CW show than a full on horror show. Or you can compare it to the later seasons of Supernatural rather than the first 2 seasons of Supernatural.

Honestly to me it sounds more like show a teenager would watch at 7 - 9 PM on the CW or Fox or ABC. Rather than something that you'd watch when the kids are asleep at 11 or 12 on HBO. Can't see this getting a season 2. But regardless I'd watch it for the Resident Evil title, and see as I sat through all the films doesn't hurt either.

My only hope is that don't try to shoehorn characters in, like having Sherry stay there as a teacher or something. Or have other kids with last names like Kennedy or Redfield.

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

Having them called the "Wesker Kids" makes it sound like they will be some kind of Scooby-Doo gang that solves mysteries of bio-terrorism around the city. I hope they have an animal sidekick that's just a domesticated Licker.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

Having them called the "Wesker Kids" makes it sound like they will be some kind of Scooby-Doo gang that solves mysteries of bio-terrorism around the city. I hope they have an animal sidekick that's just a domesticated Licker.

Haha, actually you are right. But it doesent hurt checking out the pilot episode guys?

• 10 months later...
22 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

Just finnished watching it guys! And i got a say that it really could of been worse! I enjoyed it1f44d.png

To shame it was only 4. Episodes tho1f44e.png

Other than that it was good!

You're talking about the CGI series Infinite Darkness. This thread is about the upcoming live action series, which is shaping up to be a disaster.

• Like 1