Which is the most underrated game of all time?

kratosgreatsword

Not Trophy supported games, by the way I think that Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of Cortex, Crash Nitro Kart and Spyro A Hero's Tail get much more hate than they deserve. They may be worse game than the PS1 Crash and Spyro games, but they are still great games. In particular Spyro A Hero's Tail, I am sure it would have been more appreciated, hadn't they released the awful Spyro Enter the Dragonfly before it.

• Like 1

I've always thought Zelda 2 for NES. It wasn't what people wanted from a Zelda sequel so it got shafted hard. But it was actually kind of ahead of it's time compared to other games that came out that year. It had innovative gameplay, great music, good level design. It was a pretty great game.

I'm damn near sure it would be considered one of the best NES games if it didn't have the Zelda name attached to it. It's a shame it got screwed the way it did.

• Like 1

Song of Memories and Journey to the Savage Planet came and went with very little fanfare but they're 2 of my favourite games of the last decade and it's criminal, IMO, how little attention either of them have received :(. Battleborn is another game that never got the praise it deserved and is criminally under-rated. A Winter's Daydream is another amazing game that never got any respect :(. Gal*Gun 2 is another favourite and IMO, it's the best game in the series. Bomber Crew is another lost classic :(.

A Winter's Daydream is another under appreciated game that no-one talks about :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, OmerSenpai said:

Killing Floor 2 and Black Clover Quartet Knights. Fairly easy platinums but extremely underrated.

yea Black Clover Quartet Knights was awesome.

36 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Song of Memories and Journey to the Savage Planet came and went with very little fanfare but they're 2 of my favourite games of the last decade and it's criminal, IMO, how little attention either of them have received :(. Battleborn is another game that never got the praise it deserved and is criminally under-rated. A Winter's Daydream is another amazing game that never got any respect :(.

wow someone who shares my opinion ? on the Journey to the Savage Planet being an awesome one. Battleborn was cool too. I played them on PC and i admit it would have been cool to play them on console for the trophy hunting experience.

28 minutes ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

A little hidden indie gem known as The Witcher 3. 1f60e.png

lol right 

• Like 1

The Legend Of Dragoon.

It came out on the PS1 with a plethora of other good RPGs and just never got the recognition it deserved IMO.

The storyline was incredible, graphics at the time were great and the cutscenes were enjoyable, if not polished like FFIX was.

Would really like a remaster for Dragoon for the PS4 :(

• Like 4

6 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

I've always thought Zelda 2 for NES. It wasn't what people wanted from a Zelda sequel so it got shafted hard. But it was actually kind of ahead of it's time compared to other games that came out that year. It had innovative gameplay, great music, good level design. It was a pretty great game.

I'm damn near sure it would be considered one of the best NES games if it didn't have the Zelda name attached to it. It's a shame it got screwed the way it did.

I really enjoyed this game. It was one of my favorite's on the NES. Another really good one was Faxanadu.

A game that I always thought was amazing and very underrated would be Shadowrun for the Sega. The SNES version was not bad for its time but it was not as good as the Sega version. They were two completely different games released separate years.

17 hours ago, FreneticWave said:

Crash Twinsanity, God Hand and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.

I don't think Crash TwinSanity is underrated. Personally, I do not like it, but as far as I know it's really popular among Crash fans, most of them consider it the best game in the franchise.

On 8/29/2020 at 10:44 AM, SpacebarPIays said:

The Legend Of Dragoon.

It came out on the PS1 with a plethora of other good RPGs and just never got the recognition it deserved IMO.

The storyline was incredible, graphics at the time were great and the cutscenes were enjoyable, if not polished like FFIX was.

Would really like a remaster for Dragoon for the PS4 :(

? agree on this. I still play LoD every other year. Love it so much. 

• Like 1

Mario Sunshine. This game is the definition of underrated. Loved it when it came out. It gets criticized for being weird and different from the main Mario games. But that's why I like it so much. It's very colorful and vibrant with that classic Mario game-play and awesome worlds to explore. Plus Mario 64 is one of the greatest games ever made so that was a tough act to follow up anyway. I give Nintendo credit for doing a very offbeat yet fun sequel with Sunshine

• Like 2

Doom 3. At first, I didn't care for it nearly as much as I do now. Don't go into it expecting traditional fast paced Doom action with large mobs of demons or it may disappoint you. Take it as its own thing to appreciate it more. It tries to be more of an atmospheric horror game than straight frenzied shooting, and does a good job of it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StressEater said:

A game that I am consistently being told by several people for being underrated would be Mirror's Edge. I personally never played it. For me, it just was not my style of game.

yep mirror’s edge was a great game

3 hours ago, Fearless0610 said:

Mario Sunshine. This game is the definition of underrated. Loved it when it came out. It gets criticized for being weird and different from the main Mario games. But that's why I like it so much. It's very colorful and vibrant with that classic Mario game-play and awesome worlds to explore. Plus Mario 64 is one of the greatest games ever made so that was a tough act to follow up anyway. I give Nintendo credit for doing a very offbeat yet fun sequel with Sunshine

it was a great game although the camera controls sucked especially the fact that they go reverse when you’re running . Other than that its amazing:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dav9834 said:

Legend of Legaia

And

Legend of Dragoon

Games that you should drop whatever you're playing and play

I just want remasters not even remakes, they're perfect as is, just need a little polish

legend of dragoon ~ great game

1 hour ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Doom 3. At first, I didn't care for it nearly as much as I do now. Don't go into it expecting traditional fast paced Doom action with large mobs of demons or it may disappoint you. Take it as its own thing to appreciate it more. It tries to be more of an atmospheric horror game than straight frenzied shooting, and does a good job of it.

really fun and creepy game

• Like 1

GOD HAND

- Pioneered over-the-shoulder combat 12 years before God of War

- Bizarre humor, like a mix of WWE and Yakuza

- Dynamic difficulty scaling; the better you did, the harder the game got. It was "tough but fair" years before Dark Souls.

- Completely customizable attacks; pick and choose your combos and moves from like 100+ different ones.

- Lots of the people who worked on this game ended up at Platinum Games, including Shinji Mikami, who went on to make Vanquish.

With a graphical glow-up for the current gen consoles, I think GOD HAND could totally hold up to today's standards.

Maybe not the most underrated of all-time, but of recent games, it has to be Outer Wilds.

Piecing together clues and solving mysteries while flinging myself across a small but incredibly well-realized planetary system was one of the most satisfying experiences I've ever had playing a video game. The sense of discovery rivals the all-time greats, the puzzles are brilliant but never obtuse, and the natural horrors of space terrified me more than most actual horror games. I was so completely captivated by the experience that I forgot all about food and sleep for much longer than I care to admit. 

Edited by ExistentialSolid
  • Like 4