Is this game really hard?

FielVeredus

I am quite suck when it comes to real retro game. exception is only some game that i was play a lot in the past...

so, is this game as hard as something like, lets say Contra? Do average gamer can platinum this game without too much frustration.

Quite interest in it as it currently in sale.

Thank you.

• 2 years later...

Something like 4/10 territory with video assistance, especially for those experienced with run and gun titles. The extremely forgiving checkpoint and continue systems eliminate any chance of frustration, really. While the game features several mildly challenging bosses, an auto-scroller stage with tricky jumps, and some easily missed collectibles, most people should do totally fine by paying close attention to the guide. I'm accustomed to this sub-genre putting much more pressure on the player with enemy spawns, to be honest. Gunlord X is on the easier side in this regard.

Strongly recommend holding onto the awesome bouncy weapon (green power-up) whenever possible, along with making frequent use of the overpowered beam function to destroy enemies through walls, and snipe them from afar. It's fantastic for erasing many projectile types, too. If one utilizes the roll ability, beam mode, and side-flash attack well, the final boss shouldn't require more than a few attempts to defeat.

• Like 3

it's a good game, but if you miss a collectible in a level you have to restart the level yourself, if you go too far you gotta restart game, and sometimes you need a block in the next screen to not be destroyed so ucan use it as a platform to get a collectible, and you can easily destroy them off screen forcing you to restart the whole level. its not super hard just a bit annoying, good game though controls nice.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...