Hold off on Buying this Game

StressEater

• 3 weeks later...

There are ways to work around some of the issues. It's just that it takes so much effort. You really shouldn't have to though. Which is what makes it so frustrating. For me, I had to give up on it. I moved on to work on other games. Here are a few simple tips I used. 

- Save, save, save. I can't stress this enough. You need to save and save often. You can not count on auto saves or quick saves. Never save over an existing file. What tends to happen is that the save wont fully save and you end up with the previous save and will loose all your work from that point.

-It is best to save on blank slots. The trick is to upload all your save files to the cloud then delete all but your most recent. If you load it and it is corrupt, just download from the cloud and use your second most recent. This way you have less of a chance to corrupt your data.

-Do not play for to long before restarting the game. A lot of zones are large and will lag out on you. So, always save before leaving because it is going to crash, half the time saving causes the game to crash as well. But, if you exit the game and reload it, some times it will allow you to exit. But, just some times and it might take sever loads to get it to work. It is fine in the beginning but as you progress, it gets worse and worse. I was at the point where I had to do this every single zone. 

-If you load and your stuck in a rock, tree, off map, or black screen. A couple times I was able to use dimension door back to the real map. But this only happened maybe twice. The other 30 or so times I had to reload a previous save and redo everything. 

I hope these help for anyone trying to play the game. Like I said before, it is a good game but it would be an amazing game if they worked out the bugs. Good luck.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Ive been looking at checking this out too. Looked good but buggy on PC. It still sounds buggy now.

My question to players is, Has there been any more updates and are they a frequent thing? 

Bonus question: are the bugs stopping people getting platinums or is it just hard?

Edited by punkshepherd
Bonus

For me, it was just not worth it. The game is amazing but as you progress into the later stages of the game, it starts to crash a lot more. I got to the point where I couldn't change zones without it crashing. I would have to make a save before attempting to pass between zones. To make matters worse, the game would also crash on me when I tried to make a save. I found myself saving every few mins to not loose anything. I got to a point where the game would not let me make any more saves. I then had to upload all my saves to the cloud then start deleting and hope my last few were not corrupted and would load. Once I hear that they have made updates to the game, I plan to go back and finish it. It is well worth it if they fix it.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

On 10/27/2020 at 2:17 PM, StressEater said:

For me, it was just not worth it. The game is amazing but as you progress into the later stages of the game, it starts to crash a lot more. I got to the point where I couldn't change zones without it crashing. I would have to make a save before attempting to pass between zones. To make matters worse, the game would also crash on me when I tried to make a save. I found myself saving every few mins to not loose anything. I got to a point where the game would not let me make any more saves. I then had to upload all my saves to the cloud then start deleting and hope my last few were not corrupted and would load. Once I hear that they have made updates to the game, I plan to go back and finish it. It is well worth it if they fix it.

Any new updates?

Edited by MrTacoNinja

And here i was just about to buy this in the sale....

Is one able to actually finish the game then?, with workarounds in regards to glitches/bugs?

It looks good. God i hope they fix the bugs buuuuut....

I have heard of a Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Which from what I've heard is a sequel somewhat.

My guess is the team is dedicating all their energy on the new one. Which will probably mean little if any energy dedicated to squashing bugs from this. I mean obviously dont rule anything out but we all know how these things work. ?

On 17.2.2021 at 9:48 PM, StressEater said:

Unfortunately, no there has not been any new updates. They have not patched the game since last year before this posting. I really hope they plan on fixing the issues. This game has so much potential. 

Sadly, i think they have given up on fixing this game on consoles and now fully concentrating on their next game Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.

@punkshepherd: 2 people have the platinum now so it seems possible but it takes alot of work and patience.

Edited by Game_Knot

11 hours ago, punkshepherd said:

And here i was just about to buy this in the sale....

Is one able to actually finish the game then?, with workarounds in regards to glitches/bugs?

It looks good. God i hope they fix the bugs buuuuut....

I have heard of a Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Which from what I've heard is a sequel somewhat.

My guess is the team is dedicating all their energy on the new one. Which will probably mean little if any energy dedicated to squashing bugs from this. I mean obviously dont rule anything out but we all know how these things work. 1f615.png

I would wait. I am sure in a couple months you can easily get the game for less then $20. As Game_Knot stated, there are people who have finished it. I was on my way but the work arounds just were not worth it to me. I was only able to play for about an hour before I had to start making backups of my save files. It just was not worth it. 

11 hours ago, Game_Knot said:

Sadly, i think they have given up on fixing this game on consoles and now fully concentrating on their next game Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.

@punkshepherd: 2 people have the platinum now so it seems possible but it takes alot of work and patience.

That is sad to hear. The game has so much potential. Well, maybe they will get the Wrath of the Righteous right this time. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12.03.2021 at 10:05 PM, StressEater said:

That is great news. I hope it fixes all the major issues. Thank you for the information. 

Man, please, let me know if the game will be better with stability and platinum will be obtainable - I will buy this game.

On 3/13/2021 at 3:01 PM, Provisorus said:

Man, please, let me know if the game will be better with stability and platinum will be obtainable - I will buy this game.

To be honest, the game is actually really good. I was surprised at how well they put it together. The only bad part is the bugs. If they work them out, this would definitely be one of my favorite games. Right up there with Skyrim and Fallout. 

1 hour ago, Dan-lives-here said:

I'm guessing no patch? This game is like titan quest in terms of bugs.

Patch was just released on ps4 it fixes the progression bugs in the dlc's that before prevented you in completing those like the Beneath the Stolen Lands standalone dlc progression issue.

Please be aware of plot spoilers in the description below!

Areas
• Fixed a critical issue related to the characters’ movement in the Jamandi Aldori’s Mansion area.
• XP was given incorrectly at the House at the Edge of Time area. Resolution: fixed.
• Fixed errors in the dialogue with Jamandi Aldori at the Flintrock Grassland area.

Quests
• Fixed the issue due to which events of the Deal with the Devil quest at the capital square could fail to start.
• It was possible to get a reward from Edrist Hanvaki more than once. Resolution: fixed.

U Interface
• Scrolling through the locations list failed to work. Resolution: fixed.
• The Boon selection window wasn’t displayed in the console version. Resolution: fixed.
• Scrolling now works correctly in the recipe selection window. It now also displays recipes, for which there are not enough ingredients, as well as full recipe descriptions, with all the required ingredients.
• The loot window displayed the number of items instead of its weight. Resolution: fixed.
• Fixed how the newly obtained spells are displayed in the class progression window.

Turn-Based Mode
• Commands that are given before a battle starts in turn-based mode, are now canceled only at the very moment the battle starts unless they have been already executed. In the previous update, the commands were canceled immediately, and only the last one was executed even if the battle did not start at all, which interfered with the use of effects during the pause. The change we implemented will also allow you to get a significant advantage in the surprise round, which goes against the rules of the board game, but we consider it acceptable at the moment.
• Pounce failed to work in the surprise round if the character was not the first to act during this round. Resolution: fixed.
• Attacking enemies with AoE spells failed to start a surprise round. Resolution: fixed.
• A fight in turn-based mode could freeze when an AoE effect of a compound shape was activated.

Miscellaneous
• Excessive game saves were created in the Last Azlanti mode. Resolution: fixed.
• In Beneath the Stolen Lands, rogue-like mode, after you retire one party, the next party didn’t get a boon. Resolution: fixed.
• Decreased the memory consumption in the scenes with lots of characters (in particular, in Irovetti’s palace).
• Increased the space reserved for game saves on consoles.
• Audio: during the boss fight with Vordakai, a theme for Armag was played. Resolution: fixed.

+ more stuff that wasn't included in patch notes.

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't played main campaign after this patch. But It still lags/crashes in DLC "Beneath the Stolen Lands" time to time. Also they fixed the broken save import function, so the plat became finally obtainable.

Great game, though. It's a shame that it's so bug ridden. My only advice is to play it on PS5.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...