StressEater

Hold off on Buying this Game

55 posts in this topic

On 5/30/2021 at 1:51 AM, bikeman223 said:

The game's 50% off now with PSPlus. Is it in a playable enough state to to warrant getting it now or should people wait for a lower price?

Also Curious about this. 

14 hours ago, Together_Comic said:

Also Curious about this. 

I don’t mind a few glitches/crashes but these save file issues sound pretty game-breaking.

27 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

I don’t mind a few glitches/crashes but these save file issues sound pretty game-breaking.

I have +200 hours with this game (ps4 pro) and never had any save file issues nor quest bugs but i did have tons of bluescreens but its running on Unity engine so that was expected.

For anyone thinking of starting this game keep saves to max 5 and turn off autosave it decreases the blue screens and loading times.

Gonna put some links below (spoilers) that helped me as some trophies are easy to mess up :)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1587659146 (secret ending trophy)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MiCvkSx_fZsgz4156K8weP6gMgwVv7y5pgSfHzr2T04/edit#gid=0 (Artisan overview/items/requirements)

https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/7/1638668751266799942/ (maps of Beneath the Stolen Lands)

Edited by Game_Knot

2 hours ago, Game_Knot said:

I have +200 hours with this game (ps4 pro) and never had any save file issues nor quest bugs but i did have tons of bluescreens but its running on Unity engine so that was expected.

For anyone thinking of starting this game keep saves to max 5 and turn off autosave it decreases the blue screens and loading times.

Gonna put some links below (spoilers) that helped me as some trophies are easy to mess up :)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1587659146 (secret ending trophy)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MiCvkSx_fZsgz4156K8weP6gMgwVv7y5pgSfHzr2T04/edit#gid=0 (Artisan overview/items/requirements)

https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/7/1638668751266799942/ (maps of Beneath the Stolen Lands)

These look quite helpful, I think I might give the game a go.

On 23.05.2021 at 4:28 PM, Vern3r0z said:

if the game gets all patched up what would you guys rate the plat difficulty then?

Approx 150+ hours (120+ campaign + 30 standalone version of beneath the stolen lands) in case you dont go blind. There are lots of opportunities to mess up, which results in new playthrough. As for difficulty - if you know what you're doing - still around 7 I guess. If you're clueless - it just adds to your total time and 150 hour plat becomes 200h. Good luck.

P.s. I am too lazy to write a guide, though. 

Edited by papajoesbane

On 08/06/2021 at 8:18 AM, papajoesbane said:

As for difficulty - if you know what you're doing - still around 7 I guess. If you're clueless - it just adds to your total time and 150 hour plat becomes 200h. Good luck.

Well since there aren't a lot of trophy/achievement resources to pull from for this game I guess it's going to be a learn-as-you-go experience.

1 hour ago, bikeman223 said:

Well since there aren't a lot of trophy/achievement resources to pull from for this game I guess it's going to be a learn-as-you-go experience.

Just a heads up regarding the Foes No More trophy: Tsanna the Lamashtu Priestess doesn't count towards it so ignore people claiming otherwise on various forums.

6 hours ago, Game_Knot said:

Just a heads up regarding the Foes No More trophy: Tsanna the Lamashtu Priestess doesn't count towards it so ignore people claiming otherwise on various forums.

Thanks for the heads up. Think I might play Wasteland 2 before Pathfinder just in case there are more Patches or Trophy tips in the meantime.

15 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

Or maybe I'll man up soon enough and at least provide a trophy layout chapter by chapter. xD

13 hours ago, papajoesbane said:

Or maybe I'll man up soon enough and at least provide a trophy layout chapter by chapter. xD

No pressure from me, that would be cool though. Kinda like the trophy layouts on the forum for Baldur’s Gate and Icewind Dale.

On 11/06/2021 at 0:42 AM, papajoesbane said:

Please do this. That'd be amazing. I bought this game on release and have never been so disappointed. Then 6 months later, it's literally in the bargin bin here in Australia.

Grabbed this for under £10, really hoping the majority of the bugs are fixed  by now.

I have only had a single bug in the opening fixed by reloading a save so far game is running mostly smoothly.

This is rumoured to be a PS Now game for September. I've always been interested in Pathfinder but the bugs put me off a purchase. How stable is it now? Any comments on PS5 performance?

It's on psnow now, is the game still full of bugs? will probably try this once i'm done with DOS2

I'm playing on a release day PS4, I've only played for about 20 hours so far but I haven't had any crashes or bugs.  So hopefully it's all fixed up.

I just started the game. I have only about 10 hours in but so far not a single crash/bug/glitch. Runs smoothly on PS5 and the loading times are a matter of a few seconds.

The game is quite fun to play... Pathfinder is different from DOS2 and has its unique flavor... DOS2 is easier and more forgiving than Pathfinder.. The build options are very rich and versatile.. I was simply shocked about the number of classes and options to combine those classes in your build... The lore behind the game is huge.. The game works fine on PS4 specially after I armed myself with all the negative publicity.. I guess that the low rate of completion on PS4 is mainly due to unusual mechanics (not unusual for traditional D&D).. Pathfinder encouraged me to purchase a PC to play it with better performance.. Learning the mechanics of Pathfinder-Kingmaker will prepare you for Path of the Righteous.. It seems Pathfinder is the best cRPG available in the market today... Meanwhile, PS4 community is still waiting for every bug in the game to be fixed

is the rogue like mode trophy obtainable with the current patch or do i need to do it in 1.0?

19 hours ago, Vern3r0z said:

is the rogue like mode trophy obtainable with the current patch or do i need to do it in 1.0?

It's obtainable with the current patch 1.07 🙂

3 hours ago, Game_Knot said:

It's obtainable with the current patch 1.07 1f642.png

along with every other trophy?

5 hours ago, Vern3r0z said:

along with every other trophy?

Yes, reason im still missing one trophy is that i screwed up my first playthrough and haven't gone back yet 🙂

9 hours ago, Game_Knot said:

Yes, reason im still missing one trophy is that i screwed up my first playthrough and haven't gone back yet 1f642.png

Nice, thanks for the answers. Bought a physical copy and will get to it eventually,