Hold off on Buying this Game

StressEater

On 30.5.2021 at 8:51 AM, bikeman223 said:

The game's 50% off now with PSPlus. Is it in a playable enough state to to warrant getting it now or should people wait for a lower price?

I'm wondering the same as bikeman223. Is this game in a playable state? 

1 hour ago, Haavve said:

I'm wondering the same as bikeman223. Is this game in a playable state? 

I still haven’t gotten around to it, but CRPG-style games don’t seem to have a good track record of running well on the PS4 e.g. Wasteland, Pillars of Eternity & Baldur’s Gate. It’s probably an optimisation thing. 

Edit: Aw it’s 75% off now, I should have held off longer.

Edited by bikeman223

PS4 classic, started in december on it, have reached the end of act7, save games are around 45MB now and they soon fill up the allowed space giving you messages from PS4 itself that you need to clear space, so I guess there is a max in savegame MB. (there is enough room free)

Until the end of act7 I have had about 2 or 3 crashes, in the beginning this was no issue as the games saves every time you zone, but once I got around 20MB+ I turned that option off as every time I zoned it took about 2-3min (saving, loading), once it was off it went down to 30sec roughly.  Sadly the side effect of that is when it crashes then you find out the last time you saved was 2 hours ago....

In the end zone of act 7 it have had more crashes then I can count, it was bad.

of course I made some mistakes so I need to replay if I want to do platinum but at the moment I am struggling with the master pieces, using an older save on easy at the end of act 6, I try to get that sorted but despite most post saying its random it get the exact same outcome each time, missing 2 master pieces before the kingdom collapses (as far as I can tell you need to have this done before the end of act7 as I don't think there is any more kingdom management in act8... I will make a new post about this if I ever figure this out.

ps: hard mode is just plain unfair, no idea how many times I reloaded, wish I never started on that trophy ;)

dont know if im the only one who got that problem and its a BIG ONE

in late game chapter 4 or 5 there monster that can swallow your character and now i have 2 character that are permanently swallow

i've try everything to bring them back, scroll, spells, google no way to bring them back 

so now there quest i can finish because im missing one of theses characters, cant go back to previous save cause i didnt notice it soon enough

this could easily render the game unplayable if you get all your party wipe out like this

so yes SAVE SAVE SAVE!!!

• 5 months later...