Final Fantasy VII Remake PSN Avatars Reward

For anyone else that stumbles across this, I can confirm that you can still talk to Sony US live chat and get access to the avatars. I did the live chat earlier this morning and received the codes within about 10 minutes or so. I included my PSN ID and the date I got the platinum trophy in the initial message, so that may have sped it up a bit. Just figured I’d make a comment to hopefully let someone know that it’s not too late to get them! 

Edited by Sebastianx115

Reading through here, I think I saw one post say it can take 2 or 3 weeks after getting the Platinum for you to receive the codes. Been about 2 weeks for me and nothing so far. ? Fingers crossed it appears by next week, really don't feel like contacting customer service right now. ?

On 24.5.2021 at 9:47 PM, da-Noob123 said:

Reading through here, I think I saw one post say it can take 2 or 3 weeks after getting the Platinum for you to receive the codes. Been about 2 weeks for me and nothing so far. 1f614.png Fingers crossed it appears by next week, really don't feel like contacting customer service right now. 1f644.png

I got the Plat on the same Day as you did just 1 Week later :D Let's hope for the best ✌️? Man i really want those Avatars

Edited by Pendaemonium
  • Like 1

On 5/26/2021 at 8:21 PM, Pendaemonium said:

I got the Plat on the same Day as you did just 1 Week later :D Let's hope for the best 270c.png1f340.png Man i really want those Avatars

Well tomorrow is 4 weeks, guess I will be contacting support some point next week about this. 

Poo.

Edited by da-Noob123

6 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

Well tomorrow is 4 weeks, guess I will be contacting support some point next week about this. 

Poo. sucks. I'll do the same after 4 weeks. I honestly can't understand why some People get Emails from Sony and some don't..

That sucks. I'll do the same after 4 weeks tho.

I really really want Tifa hell I'd even pay for that Avatar pack. Why don't they just sell them??

Whatever good luck getting an employee who knows what you're talking about ?

Edited by Pendaemonium
Punctuation can be hard
  • Like 1

I talked to the German / Deutsch Support yesterday. The Girl was very nice and said she forwarded my request to their Internal Team since she couldn't do anything.

I didn't need to tell them much except some Info on how to call and or write me back. 

Today i got the Email that the Avatars were added to my Profile. I got all 21!!?

Best early Birthday present (it's on Saturday) So it's actually possible of getting them here in Europe Germany as well for anyone who was wondering

Adobe-20210609-113212.jpg

Adobe-20210609-113310.jpg

@da-Noob123 I wish you good luck ???

Edited by Pendaemonium
I inserted the big Pictures so that all Avatars are visible :)
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 5:56 AM, Pendaemonium said:

I talked to the German / Deutsch Support yesterday. The Girl was very nice and said she forwarded my request to their Internal Team since she couldn't do anything.

I didn't need to tell them much except some Info on how to call and or write me back. 

Today i got the Email that the Avatars were added to my Profile. I got all 21!!?

Best early Birthday present (it's on Saturday) So it's actually possible of getting them here in Europe Germany as well for anyone who was wondering

@da-Noob123 I wish you good luck ?1f3fb.png1f340.png

Nice and Happy Early Birthday! I  have been too busy at work this week to try yet but maybe today during lunch I will find time. Thank you for the well wishes. 

Update: Found out contacting Sony is a pain in the butt - I thought my company was obtuse but we at least have contact us page with an 800 number. I had to go to another site to find out how to reach them. 40 minutes on hold before getting through to someone (I will never feel guilty about a 5-10 minute hold at work again) and then I had to be transferred. Luckily Adam knew what was up and got me the vouchers BUT only 2 out of 3 worked!  The 3rd one was somehow already redeemed, so now I have to contact them again... 

*sigh* First world problems

Second update: I got through on chat this time and it was much faster but still had 100+ in the queue ahead of me. If you are in the US I do recommend using chat. Pick the refund chat bot > game/ dlc option > does not work > you should be entered into a queue. I typed up my issue in a Word document while I waited then copied and pasted it once it was my turn. It took 2 more voucher codes but I finally got one that had not been redeemed and now have all 21 Avatars. My "saga" is over!

Edited by da-Noob123
Update
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, xSCORCHER-SMASHx said:

My ID is Zone US.I’m platinum year ago play in disc zone asia.Which zone do I need to contact for an avatar?

The zone of the profile you used to earn the trophies. They'll never ask you for the serial/region code of the game.

• 3 weeks later...

Last Friday I jumped on live chat with PlayStation Australia Support.

The support guy asked if I had opted-in to marketing communication emails for PlayStation and waited for the rewards to be delivered within 14 days after achieving the trophy. I said yes, he then asked me account security questions - what was my Online ID and payment method details?

After that he asked me for the screenshot of the platinum trophy I achieved. I took screenshots on my PS4 earlier for the Chapter 1, Chapter 18, and the Platinum trophies with the date earned, details, and my name in the screenshots. I uploaded the Platinum trophy screenshot in the chat. He received the screenshot, then said he’ll pass it to the accounts team, so they can look into it for me, then get in touch via email with an update after a few days. He provided my reference number for this chat query, I said thanks and he ended the chat.

Six hours later, I got an email from PlayStation Support, informing me that my account has been credited with vouchers that contain avatars redeemed for the trophy rewards: FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Avatar Pack 1, FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Avatar Pack 2, FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Avatar Pack 3. I wasn’t expecting a response so early, however I was so ecstatic when read my account had been credited with the FFVII Remake avatars. ?

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Avatars.png

On 6/3/2021 at 4:02 PM, Frui7yPebble86 said:

Anybody from Australia been able to get these? I'm having no luck whatsoever with our PlayStation Support 1f621.png

Before going on the live chat, make sure you have the marketing communication emails checked and 14 days has elapsed after earning the platinum trophy. I waited 14 days after earning the platinum trophy before jumping on the live chat, was hoping I would receive a trophy email by then, but nothing. Never knew that you could get rewards in avatars and/or themes after earning a specific trophy/platinum trophy for some games until I read this thread.

Anyway get on your PS4, select each trophy, Chapter 1 (Onetime Gig), Chapter 18 (Destiny’s Crossroads), and Platinum (Master of Fate) Trophies, then take a screenshot each with the date earned, details, and name using the share button. Then copy it over to your computer. For the question just say that you still yet to receive the codes for the Final Fantasy VII Remake Avatars sets after completing the game and getting the platinum trophy.

The live chat is open from Monday to Friday, 10:00 – 18:00 AEST/AEDT and here’s the link to the live chat: https://faq.anz.playstation.com/app/chat/chat_launch/request_source/8/

Let me know what happens. Also how did you contact PlayStation Support before and what was their excuse? ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/07/2021 at 9:00 AM, BahamutSupreme said:

Last Friday I jumped on live chat with PlayStation Australia Support.

The support guy asked if I had opted-in to marketing communication emails for PlayStation and waited for the rewards to be delivered within 14 days after achieving the trophy. I said yes, he then asked me account security questions - what was my Online ID and payment method details?

After that he asked me for the screenshot of the platinum trophy I achieved. I took screenshots on my PS4 earlier for the Chapter 1, Chapter 18, and the Platinum trophies with the date earned, details, and my name in the screenshots. I uploaded the Platinum trophy screenshot in the chat. He received the screenshot, then said he’ll pass it to the accounts team, so they can look into it for me, then get in touch via email with an update after a few days. He provided my reference number for this chat query, I said thanks and he ended the chat.

Six hours later, I got an email from PlayStation Support, informing me that my account has been credited with vouchers that contain avatars redeemed for the trophy rewards: FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Avatar Pack 1, FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Avatar Pack 2, FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Avatar Pack 3. I wasn’t expecting a response so early, however I was so ecstatic when read my account had been credited with the FFVII Remake avatars. 1f600.png

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Avatars.png

Before going on the live chat, make sure you have the marketing communication emails checked and 14 days has elapsed after earning the platinum trophy. I waited 14 days after earning the platinum trophy before jumping on the live chat, was hoping I would receive a trophy email by then, but nothing. Never knew that you could get rewards in avatars and/or themes after earning a specific trophy/platinum trophy for some games until I read this thread.

Anyway get on your PS4, select each trophy, Chapter 1 (Onetime Gig), Chapter 18 (Destiny’s Crossroads), and Platinum (Master of Fate) Trophies, then take a screenshot each with the date earned, details, and name using the share button. Then copy it over to your computer. For the question just say that you still yet to receive the codes for the Final Fantasy VII Remake Avatars sets after completing the game and getting the platinum trophy.

The live chat is open from Monday to Friday, 10:00 – 18:00 AEST/AEDT and here’s the link to the live chat: https://faq.anz.playstation.com/app/chat/chat_launch/request_source/8/

Let me know what happens. Also how did you contact PlayStation Support before and what was their excuse? 1f914.png

I just spoke to live chat and they're forwarding my problem onto the accounts team to look at. Glad you were able to get yours sorted out mate! Their excuse last time was that the promotion wasn't available in Australia

EDIT!! Got an email from PlayStation Australia on July 16th saying they've credited my account with the 3 vouchers for the avatar packs ? thanks again @BahamutSupreme for your help! Really appreciate it bud ?

Edited by Frui7yPebble86

On 7/14/2021 at 4:45 PM, Frui7yPebble86 said:

I just spoke to live chat and they're forwarding my problem onto the accounts team to look at. Glad you were able to get yours sorted out mate! Their excuse last time was that the promotion wasn't available in Australia

EDIT!! Got an email from PlayStation Australia on July 16th saying they've credited my account with the 3 vouchers for the avatar packs 1f44c.png thanks again @BahamutSupreme for your help! Really appreciate it bud 1f918.png

It's great to hear that you got the 3 avatar packs credited to your account as well! ? You're welcome, glad I could help!

I'm glad I got these cool Final Fantasy VII Remake Avatars, I really wanted to get them because I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan!

That person you talked to the first time (via the phone I assume?), didn't know what they were talking about! Promotion not available in Australia, yeah right! I'd send them to challenge Jules in pull-ups for a day! ?️

Has anyone from Asia got FF7 Avatars? 

On 31/03/2021 at 10:00 PM, zero3extreme said:

they replied "not available in your region" T_T

That really sucks. :/ . Playstation Asia is the worst out of all. We never get any rewards for platinums. 

5 hours ago, W0ndrful101 said:

How long did you have to wait for the reply? I e-mailed playstation a week ago (no such thing as live chat in Poland), and they still didn't respond. Just wondering if it takes longer or they don't really care :P

He said they will contact me in a few days once they have an update, it took me six hours to get a reply by email after I jumped off live chat. I read earlier in this thread that some people had to wait weeks, others over a month for a response. It could be they never received your email. Usually it's best to speak to someone in real time either through live chat or phone, so you can ask more questions, argue with them and pressure them to look into it. I didn't need to argue or pressure the support guy. I googled and couldn't find a live chat for Poland but I did find a phone number on the PlayStation Poland Support page: call us Available: Monday-Friday, 10:00 AM - 6:30 PM - Phone: 22 397 89 24.

The support people on live chat and I think for phone support as well is just general support, they most likely don't know the specifics of the Final Fantasy VII Remake Avatars set packs promotion. The support guy said he would forward it to the accounts team to look into it for me. So when you phone your local support, if they don't know about this promotion, ask if they can forward it to the accounts team. Make sure before you call, that your marketing emails from PlayStation is checked to turned on, 14 days has elapsed since earning your Platinum trophy and you took screenshots on your PS4 of the Chapter 1, Chapter 18, and the Platinum trophies with the date earned, details, and your name in the screenshots. You can see my earlier post for more details.

Also if you have trouble with phone support and they throw that nonsense response that it's a US and Canada promotion only, for argumentative points, say you know a guy from Australia who received the avatars sets and maybe mention that your gym trainer is Jules ?, they most likely transfer you to the accounts team straight away!

• Like 1

On 26.07.2021 at 9:30 PM, BahamutSupreme said:

He said they will contact me in a few days once they have an update, it took me six hours to get a reply by email after I jumped off live chat. I read earlier in this thread that some people had to wait weeks, others over a month for a response. It could be they never received your email. Usually it's best to speak to someone in real time either through live chat or phone, so you can ask more questions, argue with them and pressure them to look into it. I didn't need to argue or pressure the support guy. I googled and couldn't find a live chat for Poland but I did find a phone number on the PlayStation Poland Support page: call us Available: Monday-Friday, 10:00 AM - 6:30 PM - Phone: 22 397 89 24.

The support people on live chat and I think for phone support as well is just general support, they most likely don't know the specifics of the Final Fantasy VII Remake Avatars set packs promotion. The support guy said he would forward it to the accounts team to look into it for me. So when you phone your local support, if they don't know about this promotion, ask if they can forward it to the accounts team. Make sure before you call, that your marketing emails from PlayStation is checked to turned on, 14 days has elapsed since earning your Platinum trophy and you took screenshots on your PS4 of the Chapter 1, Chapter 18, and the Platinum trophies with the date earned, details, and your name in the screenshots. You can see my earlier post for more details.

Also if you have trouble with phone support and they throw that nonsense response that it's a US and Canada promotion only, for argumentative points, say you know a guy from Australia who received the avatars sets and maybe mention that your gym trainer is Jules 1f602.png, they most likely transfer you to the accounts team straight away!

Thanks a lot for this great reply! Unfortunately, the number you provided works only for hardware issues, they redirected me to playstation.com/support, that is not useful at all. Looks like I'm waiting for my e-mail reply, will update if anything happens.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 0:34 AM, W0ndrful101 said:

Thanks a lot for this great reply! Unfortunately, the number you provided works only for hardware issues, they redirected me to playstation.com/support, that is not useful at all. Looks like I'm waiting for my e-mail reply, will update if anything happens.

You’re welcome mate! That sucks that the number is only for hardware issues, when I found that number on the Google Translated PlayStation Poland Support Page, it was under the PlayStation Store category. But yeah, the PlayStation Support Page is not really helpful, just basic guides ?. Please update when you hear from them, you may have to wait around a month for a reply, maybe less than a month. Hope you get a reply soon!

On 8/2/2021 at 7:28 AM, Akatsuki_1990 said:

Anyone know who sends the email for the avatars? I should have gotten one because I am signed up for emails but I am also playing the PS Plus version if that matters and I got nothing.

You’re supposed to get an email with the avatars voucher code when you earn the Chapter 1 trophy, Chapter 18 trophy, and Platinum trophy respectively, but most people don’t get an email after earning the trophies. A few people on this thread received an email for at least the Chapter 1 trophy. The promotion started late August 2020, but again most people at least on this thread earned these trophies around the launch of FFVII Remake, so they had to contact PlayStation Support enquiring about the FFVII Remake avatars. I got the two Chapter trophies around the launch of the game and the platinum trophy back in June this year, waited for 14 days and received no email, then contacted my local PlayStation Support Live Chat, see my previous posts for the details.

The version of the game you have doesn’t matter – Standard, Deluxe, PS Plus, they all share the same trophy set.

Contact your local PlayStation Support, preferably via Live Chat if they have one, if not via phone, if they can’t help you then via email. What country are you located in?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BahamutSupreme said:

You’re welcome mate! That sucks that the number is only for hardware issues, when I found that number on the Google Translated PlayStation Poland Support Page, it was under the PlayStation Store category. But yeah, the PlayStation Support Page is not really helpful, just basic guides 1f641.png. Please update when you hear from them, you may have to wait around a month for a reply, maybe less than a month. Hope you get a reply soon!

You’re supposed to get an email with the avatars voucher code when you earn the Chapter 1 trophy, Chapter 18 trophy, and Platinum trophy respectively, but most people don’t get an email after earning the trophies. A few people on this thread received an email for at least the Chapter 1 trophy. The promotion started late August 2020, but again most people at least on this thread earned these trophies around the launch of FFVII Remake, so they had to contact PlayStation Support enquiring about the FFVII Remake avatars. I got the two Chapter trophies around the launch of the game and the platinum trophy back in June this year, waited for 14 days and received no email, then contacted my local PlayStation Support Live Chat, see my previous posts for the details.

The version of the game you have doesn’t matter – Standard, Deluxe, PS Plus, they all share the same trophy set.

Contact your local PlayStation Support, preferably via Live Chat if they have one, if not via phone, if they can’t help you then via email. What country are you located in?

I'm in the US and I am signed up for and receive emails from sony but I only recently started playing the game. I completed chapter 1 in June with no email and chapter 18 the other day so I'll keep an eye on my emails I guess.