Final Fantasy VII Remake PSN Avatars Reward

27 minutes ago, Akatsuki_1990 said:

I'm in the US and I am signed up for and receive emails from sony but I only recently started playing the game. I completed chapter 1 in June with no email and chapter 18 the other day so I'll keep an eye on my emails I guess.

If you are going for the platinum,  I'd wait to contact them about all 3 sets otherwise you may have to reach out multiple times and who wants to do that unnecessarily.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone knows if the FF7 remake avatars are still available for the NA region? I don’t see them in the list from their website anymore :( 

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/legal/platinum-trophy-reward-terms-and-conditions/

Edited: Disregard. I have gotten the avatars on my alternate account (NA). Got the platinum (again) today, live chat with the agent and received all the 3 sets of redemption codes.

Edited by captain_evil777

• 1 month later...

Some of you guys might want to hear it.
I live in Poland, let's say PlayStation support isn't the best here. You can't call them, you can't use live chat support to contact them, and you have to check their site for like 10 minutes to finally find a way to send them a ticket.
I sent them one (I actually had to use "ask for refund" to do it) 4 months ago, and I was left without a reply (they said they will contact me within 48 hours).
So yeah, I gave up, and I moved on with my life.
Time has passed, and I totally forgot these avatars even existed.
Like two weeks ago, I discover CoD: Vanguard beta. I was a huge CoD fan back in MW trilogy times, so I decided to give it a try. It wasn't the best, but I had a lot of fun, and to be honest, I missed that game series a lot. I decided that I'm getting the game, but I need a mouse and keyboard station. I'm quite a beast playing shooters on PC, so I don't really want to learn the controller.
So yeah, I decided that I need a new mouse pad for my new station (that is totally not just my table next to my sofa). I wanted it to be PlayStation themed, as I will use it only to play on PS. What is my favorite ps exclusive? Final Fantasy VII Remake. I ordered one with Tifa and Aerith, and this is the moment when I remembered about these avatars. I was like... Damn, let's give it another shot. I contacted support once again (in ask for a refund section), and I described the problem. I also included information about how I was ghosted last time I tried to contact them. The bot answered with "wait 48 hours for a reply e-mail". After 72 hours ;) they actually responded. I was shocked, but also excited, they said I need to send them screenshots with my trophies, date, and my PSN ID. I did it before, but whatever, I sent them again. After 5 working days, I finally received my three avatar packs today.
If you really want these avatars, don't give up.
If Polish support managed to finally send them to me, it means pretty much everyone in EU is able to get them. They were pretty much uncontactable, I had to use the refund ticket to get to them, but I actually succeeded. If you really want these avatars, flood them with messages, they will finally respond.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I've finished this game a couple days ago but still haven't gotten these avatars. I've always had to request my rewards trough support because my account seems to be broken where i have it crossed off to get it trough mail but i never end up getting it on mail. It's honestly such a shit support idk why they haven't made it so it gets added automatically onto your PSN account the moment of completion.

I've honestly given up on even trying to mail them (the last mail i've send was about the bloodborne theme i sended the mail per usual but this time they wanted me to call their phone number so then i just gave up on it).

Edited by Jason-DFG

19 hours ago, Jason-DFG said:

I've finished this game a couple days ago but still haven't gotten these avatars. I've always had to request my rewards trough support because my account seems to be broken where i have it crossed off to get it trough mail but i never end up getting it on mail. It's honestly such a shit support idk why they haven't made it so it gets added automatically onto your PSN account the moment of completion.

I've honestly given up on even trying to mail them (the last mail i've send was about the bloodborne theme i sended the mail per usual but this time they wanted me to call their phone number so then i just gave up on it).

Send email to this adress [email protected] and they will sey what you must do

you must complete chapter 1 ,18 and platinum the game for all 3 packs of avatars to be awarded

8 minutes ago, Squarevii87 said:

Send email to this adress [email protected] and they will sey what you must do

you must complete chapter 1 ,18 and platinum the game for all 3 packs of avatars to be awarded

I'm not from the uk though.

I know how to do it i always would send the mail trough the Belgium support site it used to work fine for the spiderman, GOW and detroit avatars. 3 Months ago i tried support again for the bloodborne theme as i did the platinum and dlc, but this time they didn't want to send me the codes straight away they wanted me to call to their line which is just useless. I tried the same on a alternative account back when there was a days gone theme i did it on a us account and got the mail without hassle meanwhile my main account does not want to do anything even though i've tried everything on it.

2 minutes ago, Jason-DFG said:

I'm not from the uk though.

I know how to do it i always would send the mail trough the Belgium support site it used to work fine for the spiderman, GOW and detroit avatars. 3 Months ago i tried support again for the bloodborne theme as i did the platinum and dlc, but this time they didn't want to send me the codes straight away they wanted me to call to their line which is just useless. I tried the same on a alternative account back when there was a days gone theme i did it on a us account and got the mail without hassle meanwhile my main account does not want to do anything even though i've tried everything on it.

It doesnt matter if you are not from uk,platinum the game and send them email,they will ask about your online id and some photos of the chapters i mentioned before,i did it in that way and after 1 week they added the avatars in my account

Good luck

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got the avatars! The agent was really nice to me. and even if the whole thing lasted longer than I thought, he was really helpful. He saw my account is from a Spanish speaking country so he talked to me in Spanish. For all of you who want the avatars but aren't from the US/Europe: Don't worry!. I told him some people (Thank you @Mog) got the avatars with accounts outside those countries, so the promotion was available worldwide. He understood and gave me the codes 

Here's the chat; The codes are used so don't try anything ?

5iX81Hp.jpg

(Dora the explorer moment)

Agent: Tell me exactly what rewards do you need

Me: The Chapter 1 and 18 Avatars

Agent: I understand, Thank you. (Don't leave the chat)

Agent: I almost got your rewards, I'm requesting them. Is this the first time you contact us?

Me: I contact PS before but didn't receive anything, probably because I didn't activate the marketing e-mails from sony.

Don't be afraid like me and try it, with the right agent it's a really fast and easy process.

Edited by Jeanoltt

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. On November 27th I've got FF7 Remake's platinum and after 2 days I sent an e-mail to the italian playstation support to get the avatar codes. They replied the next day asking me to send them screenshots that show I've got the platinum alongside my PSN ID and I sent them those screenshots the same day. Now, 2 weeks later, I still haven't received any reply from them. To be honest, I contacted them after a week, on December 7th, asking if there was any news about my request but even there I haven't received any reply. Honestly, I can understand if the american or british support takes weeks to get any reply because I think they have a lot of requests but for the italian one I highly doubt it, I think the support is just trash, that's why I'm thinking to send a new mail or start a live chat with the support of another country, seeing here some people had success doing this. Also because we are next to christmas/new year's holidays and I don't want to wait january for a ""check"" that should require them 1 minute, especially when the mail I've used to write them is the same one linked to my PSN account.

What do you guys suggest me to do?

Don't try to use the live chat with another country. You'll always find it busy, be disconnected after a couple of seconds, or just redirect you to the Italian support.

I'm from Italy, too, and noticed that they basically refuse to reply to subsequent emails after the first reply, for whatever reason.

Edited by Lance_87

On 14/12/2021 at 10:35 PM, Lance_87 said:

Don't try to use the live chat with another country. You'll always find it busy, be disconnected after a couple of seconds, or just redirect you to the Italian support.

I'm from Italy, too, and noticed that they basically refuse to reply to subsequent emails after the first reply, for whatever reason.

Then I'll try sending an e-mail to a foreigner support. But not now, we're next to holidays, at this point I'll wait for january. 19 days and still haven't received any reply since I've sent them the proof they asked. And I'm pretty sure we'll go over a month for something that should require 1 minute to them.

On 14/12/2021 at 10:58 PM, Jason-DFG said:

i've yet to receive a mail regarding the codes, i even mailed to that uk e-mail adress thats linked in the forum, received a confirmation that they received it but they never got back to me this is so stupid.

Sony gone full anti-consumer in the last few years, in every aspect, and their support reflects that. They only see us as human wallets and treat us with no respect. They should thank the extremely talented studios they have like Naughty Dog or Santa Monica and the good work they did in the past (before Jim Ryan took over as CEO) when they still cared a bit about us.

Please let us know if you manage to get the avatars.

Edited by Marco-Snake-

3 hours ago, Marco-Snake- said:

Then I'll try sending an e-mail to a foreigner support. But not now, we're next to holidays, at this point I'll wait for january. 19 days and still haven't received any reply since I've sent them the proof they asked. And I'm pretty sure we'll go over a month for something that should require 1 minute to them.

Sony gone full anti-consumer in the last few years, in every aspect, and their support reflects that. They only see us as human wallets and treat us with no respect. They should thank the extremely talented studios they have like Naughty Dog or Santa Monica and the good work they did in the past (before Jim Ryan took over as CEO) when they still cared a bit about us.

Please let us know if you manage to get the avatars.

i've not sended another mail since the past 3 mails theyve been finding excuses. shame that sony fell this low.

I just finished Chapter 14, and I plan on completing Chapter 18. I'm gonna contact Sony after that point, because I all but guarantee the Avatars won't be sent to my email. 

I didn't get anything when I got the platinum for Persona 5 Royal. I add to contact Sony to get a lump sum collection of Avatars and themes that I should have been getting automatically. 

I finally got around to playing Final Fantasy VII Remake, and it's my 200th platinum! I figured I'd let everyone know the avatars are still available by contacting Sony support. I just chatted with them and they gave me no trouble at all.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 2

On 9/2/2020 at 5:23 AM, Mog said:

Yes, there are three codes which give the following bundles/avatars:

• FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE - Main Character Avatar Bundle (Chapter 1)

K2pY8w0.jpg

• FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE - Main Characters Alt. Avatar Bundle (Platinum Trophy)

gDcDUGe.jpg

• FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE - Supporting Characters Avatar Bundle (Chapter 18)

owassAl.jpg

Anyone knows if this could be ontained in the PS5 version?

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/23/2021 at 8:07 PM, Lance_87 said:

AFAIK, no. Because PS5-specific avatars don't really exist.

I was already dragging about pursuing the platinum because as much as I enjoy the game, I was a bit burned out from playing so much of it. It became all the harder when the PS5 version came out because having experienced it with practically no loading times, improved graphics, and 60 fps, it makes it extremely difficult going back to the PS4 version. At least I'll be able to get double plats for the trouble of getting the plat in the inferior version, much as I wish my hard play-through could be the PS5 version.

• 3 weeks later...

I just tried the living chat, suddendly it closed and then when I try to contact them again the page says something like: "it appears we just chatted with you, sorry we didn't resolve your issue, try again later".

Anyone experienced the same thing? I would love to have the avatars so if someone knows how to approach Sony correctly please let me know, I would really appreciate it. 

29 minutes ago, NajiLionheart said:

I just tried the living chat, suddendly it closed and then when I try to contact them again the page says something like: "it appears we just chatted with you, sorry we didn't resolve your issue, try again later".

Anyone experienced the same thing? I would love to have the avatars so if someone knows how to approach Sony correctly please let me know, I would really appreciate it. 

Send email to this adress [email protected]

Look above my comments

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NajiLionheart said:

That can happen when your computer clock is out of sync. Make sure it's set properly automatically to whatever the time is on the internet.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...