Final Fantasy VII Remake PSN Avatars Reward

Still works, just got them.

I first sent an email to [email protected] like somone mentioned on the previous page but they responded with:

Spoiler

Уважаемый клиент!

Благодарим Вас за обращение в Центр информации для клиентов Sony!

С Вашего адреса в информационный центр Sony было получено письмо. Сообщаем Вам, что наш информационный центр предоставляет поддержку на русском и украинскoм языках. Если Вам необходима наша помощь, пожалуйста, продублируйте запрос на русском или украинскoм языках.

Sony information center received email from your address. We inform you that our information center provides support in Russian and Ukrainian languages. If you need our help, please resend the request in Russian or Ukrainian languages.

Номер Вашего обращения указан в теме письма, пожалуйста, называйте его при общении с операторами. При ответе по электронной почте просим сохранять переписку.

So yeah turns out that the UK in that adress stands for Ukraine and not for United Kingdom.

I then sent an email to [email protected] and they responded with:

Spoiler

Hi Dani, 

Thank you for contacting PlayStation Support regarding your account.

As you’ve reached the PlayStation Support team for UK which is outside of your region, you can find the contact details for your country (Germany) at https://www.playstation.com/country-selector/.

Thanks,     

The PlayStation Support Team

Then finally I wrote to [email protected], which for whatever reason isn't listed anywhere on the german playstation support website but is instead found at https://www.playstation.com/de-de/corporate/about-us/.

They wanted screenshots showing that I had earned the required trophies and that included my username. After I sent them they first told me that I only had the email notifications turned on since September 2020 but earned the platinum for FF7 Remake in April 2020 thus making me ineligible for the rewards. The thing is I already had them turned on way before that I just turned them off and on again after I didn't get an automated email for a reward of another game. I then sent screenshots of my Spider-Man Platinum reward email which I earned in February 2020 and of my Persona 5 Royal first palace reward email which I earned in June 2020 to prove that I definitely had the notifications turned on way before September 2020 and told them I was sure they were turrned on while I was playing FF7. After that they sent me 3 codes for the avatars.

TL;DR:

Avatars are still available as of March 3, 2022 by contacting support.

Apparently it sometimes does matter which support you contact, at least it did in my case.

If you turned the email notifications off at any point after playing FF7 you might need to provide proof that they were on while playing it since their system apparently only saves the date you last turned them on.

Edited by dany_lele95
Wrote February instead of March
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dany_lele95 said:

They wanted screenshots showing that I had earned the required trophies and that included my username.

Where did you grab the screenshots from? I seem to only be able to get screenshots with my real name and not my psn id.

1 hour ago, frass_wass said:

Where did you grab the screenshots from? I seem to only be able to get screenshots with my real name and not my psn id.

Oh right that confused me too at first. On PS5 I found no way to take screenshots with my username visible but on PS4 it's possible if you go on your profile and select Games(between Overview and Friends), then go to Final Fantasy VII and take a screenshot from there. Your username is still visible that way.

I guess that the people with no special characters in their username could also just change their name to their username for the screenshots and then change it back. I tried that at first but due to the underscore in my username it wasn't possible.

7 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

You write the ID on the email or you tell them during the phone call.

I did that in the first email I sent to the german support, I sent screenshots of the trophies and wrote my username in the email, but they wrote back that they wanted a screenshot with my username in it. But maybe that's just for german support or I simply got unlucky.

21 minutes ago, dany_lele95 said:

I did that in the first email I sent to the german support, I sent screenshots of the trophies and wrote my username in the email, but they wrote back that they wanted a screenshot with my username in it. But maybe that's just for german support or I simply got unlucky.

But still it doesn't make sense as the promotion was made with the PS4 in mind. That support guy is probabily an imbecile, they don't even offer new avatars/themes anymore outside of special editions of games.

Edited by Lance_87

• 2 weeks later...

I did this via live chat (with my region of Italy) and they replied immediately and they knew what i was talking about and sent me emails to fill the screens to get platinum and im waiting for another e- mail to receive the code, i will write it again once i have received the code.

Sorry my shit english. ?

Edit: after about 3 days, avatar was automatically added on my profile without having to redeem code (done ticket chat live italy) so who still wants to redeem, they will give again and good luck to all.

IMG Avatar

Spoiler

FOYdfZ5WUAQQdjn?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Stormend09
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Can anyone help me getting these avatars i tried contacting sony live chat support many times but they keep ending the chat ?, im even willing to pay for the avatars i really like them so much and i already completed the game but i can't contact sony live chat, is there anyone who has spare codes ? 

Edited by ClutchyBunny

On 4‏/7‏/2022 at 2:22 PM, Lance_87 said:

You have to phone them, emails and live chat are useless.

Thank you for replying, that's the first thing i would've done if sony support had phone number for my country but they dont, the only way for me to get the avatars was to contact them through live chat but like i said they keep ending it as soon as it starts, tbh I'm starting to give up ?

Edit: After endlessly contacting sony support, i literally contacted them 20+ times and finally an agent helped me get the avatars :)

If anyone is struggling with getting them as well you'll just have to keep trying until you run into an agent that'll help you 

Edited by ClutchyBunny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

18.04.23 - still working

[email protected]

Sent them screenshots with trophy list, profile page and platinum trophy. At first they replied with auto-message about trophy unlocking and link with help page, but I reconstructed my request about rewards once again with attached screenshots, psnprofiles page with game on it, and after 6 days of waiting they applied rewards on my profile, no codes given.

• 2 months later...
On 4/18/2023 at 10:19 AM, Insomniac_Doze said:

18.04.23 - still working

[email protected]

Sent them screenshots with trophy list, profile page and platinum trophy. At first they replied with auto-message about trophy unlocking and link with help page, but I reconstructed my request about rewards once again with attached screenshots, psnprofiles page with game on it, and after 6 days of waiting they applied rewards on my profile, no codes given.

Can someone help me do this within the USA? I emailed the email above and they told me to contact USA. Does anyone have Playstation USA's email? 

• 2 weeks later...

I've written to UK support about avatars. However, they told me to report to the counterpart in my country, so I did. There they forwarded the request to the appropriate department. After three days I got a reply that the avatars are on my account.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2023 at 5:15 PM, NajiLionheart said:

I'm curious about which other games PS give avatar or themes after platinum or alike. There's a thread about this already?

I'm sure there's probably a thread somewhere, but Sony has this page of games that reward avatars and PS4 themes: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/legal/platinum-trophy-reward-terms-and-conditions/

Persona 5 Royal PS4 also has/had PS4 themes and avatars for reaching certain milestones in the story up to getting the platinum, although it seems like some may be unobtainable now because the codes Sony has from Atlus are expired and/or they ran out of codes.

These are the only ones I recall.

• Like 1