Final Fantasy VII Remake PSN Avatars Reward

1 hour ago, SealedCard said:

Well, the fact that they are giving avatars is already something I was not expecting. For example, FF15 never had any PSN avatars, same goes for FF13-2, FFX HD and so on. Personally, I assume these avatars will remain exclusive to this promotion, but anything is possible...?

One of the agents told me straight up that it's for USA and Canada only, meanwhile the 3rd agent I talked to gave me the codes right away via e-mail (my account is not from neither of those countries). You could try again and see if you get a different response.

By the way, if you dig psnp a bit you will find some users in Europe with the avatars (this was how I knew the avatars existed in the first place, lol), so you know at least some countries in EU are eligible.

Two example:

Where did you contact those agents, so I can try there?

On 9/2/2020 at 4:39 PM, Lance_87 said:

We have emails in Europe. But i'm 100% sure they'd give generic, semi-automatic replies about how to redeem vouchers.

Do you have their email address? I can't find anything on the website in Europe. I tried to request a Live Chat multiple times on the US site following the link SealedCard posted but it ends instantly. This is annoying.

I made an account from Argentina and played the game until I finished Chapter 1, then I received the e-mail tied to beating Chapter 1. Some of you may do this if you cannot find a way to obtain a code via the live chat, simply make a new account and beat Chapter 1, then make sure to confirm that you obtained the e-mail, then you could go for the Chapter 18 trophy / platinum trophy to obtain the other two codes if needed.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SealedCard said:

I made an account from Argentina and played the game until I finished Chapter 1, then I received the e-mail tied to beating Chapter 1. Some of you may do this if you cannot find a way to obtain a code via the live chat, simply make a new account and beat Chapter 1, then make sure to confirm that you obtained the e-mail, then you could go for the Chapter 18 trophy / platinum trophy to obtain the other two codes if needed.

How long did it take to receive the email? I've started up this again on a 2nd account (UK) yesterday but I haven't received anything yet.. What email service are you using? Not that it makes a difference.

1 hour ago, SealedCard said:

If I get this code, can I use it on my main account? But anyway its so stupid that you have to get platinum again. Yeah game is really
amazing and going through it again will be a lot of fun for me  but I have a lot games that I want to play as well. So losing about
100h isn't very cool.
Edited by dekarish

Do you need to get all trophies before getting this, or are some avatar packs sent when you are progressing through the game when you have completed chapter 18?

Also I beat the game in April and got no rewards? I phoned up Playstation UK support and explained that some people are getting avatars for getting certain trophies, they said you need the platinum?

Edited by Amrit316

2 hours ago, Ronin893 said:

I got some. It looks like you just have to play a bit and you'll get some sent to you. I was only on act 4 when they were sent.

I have the platinum and haven't had anything so this isn't the case lol and I have the marketing options on etc

1 hour ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

How long did it take to receive the email? I've started up this again on a 2nd account (UK) yesterday but I haven't received anything yet.. What email service are you using? Not that it makes a difference.

I got the Chapter 1 trophy on August 30 then the e-mail arrived on September 03. It's an outlook e-mail that I also created specifically for the PSN account.

45 minutes ago, dekarish said:

If I get this code, can I use it on my main account?

I used the Chapter 1 code I got from my Argentinian account on an USA account. I cannot confirm if it will work on other regions.

36 minutes ago, Amrit316 said:

Do you need to get all trophies before getting this, or are some avatar packs sent when you are progressing through the game when you have completed chapter 18?

I answered this here: 

There is a code for Chapter 1, Chapter 18 and the platinum trophy. Click the link above to see which avatars come with each bundle. You will obtain the code after you complete each requirement.

If you have done all of these back when the game originally released (like me), you will most likely not receive anything. They were not sending e-mails back then, so contact the live chat to get the codes.

11 minutes ago, SealedCard said:

I got the Chapter 1 trophy on August 30 then the e-mail arrived on September 03. It's an outlook e-mail that I also created specifically for the PSN account.

I used the Chapter 1 code I got from my Argentinian account on an USA account. I cannot confirm if it will work on other regions.

I answered this here: 

There is a code for Chapter 1, Chapter 18 and the platinum trophy. Click the link above to see which avatars come with each bundle. You will obtain the code after you complete each requirement.

If you have done all of these back when the game originally released (like me), you will most likely not receive anything. They were not sending e-mails back then, so contact the live chat to get the codes.

Does this apply to UK players as well as in getting rewards as you progress? I have completed chap 1 and chap 18 but not received those codes/emails. I completed the game in April.

Can Anyone in the UK has done this confirm?

1 minute ago, Amrit316 said:

Does this apply to UK players as well as in getting rewards as you progress? I have completed chap 1 and chap 18 but not received those codes/emails. I completed the game in April.

Can Anyone in the UK has done this confirm?

Yes, MissDreamer at page 1 has an UK account and you can see that they got an e-mail after completing Chapter 1. The issue is that it seems the codes only started being sent out on August, I also got all of my trophies in April and received no e-mails.

5 minutes ago, SealedCard said:

Yes, MissDreamer at page 1 has an UK account and you can see that they got an e-mail after completing Chapter 1. The issue is that it seems the codes only started being sent out on August, I also got all of my trophies in April and received no e-mails.

I phoned up UK support and they said you need the plat trophy to get all rewards/ for getting the rewards even though i told them people are getting them as they progress? they said otherwise, not sure what to do.

Edited by Amrit316

I phoned up UK support and they said you need the plat trophy, not sure what to do.

Exactly, I had to contact the live chat 3 times before someone finally gave me the codes. The first 2 agents also lied to me because one told he could not do anything to help me and the other told me this was for the USA and Canada only (my account is neither from the USA or Canada...lol), just keep trying until you find someone who can actually help.

You may also create a new account and see if it gets an e-mail after you beat Chapter 1, the choice is yours.

2 minutes ago, MissDreamer said:

I got my first batch of codes under 24 hours of completing chapter 1 in the UK.

I completed the game back in April and got both chapter 1 and chapter 18 trophies. No avatars yet. Phoned PS UK, they said you need the platinum trophy to get the rewards. Should I call again, talk to someone else? 

10 minutes ago, SealedCard said:

Exactly, I had to contact the live chat 3 times before someone finally gave me the codes. The first 2 agents also lied to me because one told he could not do anything to help me and the other told me this was for the USA and Canada only (my account is neither from the USA or Canada...lol), just keep trying until you find someone who can actually help.

You may also create a new account and see if it gets an e-mail after you beat Chapter 1, the choice is yours.

Ok thanks ill try that.

I completed the game back in April and got both chapter 1 and chapter 18 trophies. No avatars yet. Phoned PS UK, they said you need the platinum trophy to get the rewards. Should I call again, talk to someone else? 

I got my copy late in August when they started the promotion. You'll either have to keep trying or create a secondary UK account and play it again. Test it to see if you get the chapter 1 rewards.

I got in contact with ps support and the agent gave me the three codes, even tho I didn't have the game day one. My copy of the game arrive one week later, but I still got the three codes. Also, I'm from Mexico which means that it is possible that other regions or countries can get the codes (take in consideration that Mexico, United States, and Canada are consider part of the North America region).  I hope you too can get the avatars :)

Edited by CloudXvitaHD