Trophy Thoughts

4 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

Exactly, mine (US) neither, it seems very weird, I mean, I'm just going to get a physical copy but unless I'm wrong  all Mafia games were in the store many weeks before release.

For those wondering, it is coming to the psn. Not sure why it hasn't yet. But according to their own website, they have a link to order it from the psn. The link just isnt active yet. It takes you to a dead page. So expect it anytime now. Probably this week. https://amalur.thqnordic.com/

5 hours ago, EIdain said:

And there's still no page for it on the PSN store (at least in my region anyway).

That’s because PSN doesn’t do preorders for games that don’t have preorder bonuses.

As far as the list goes. I’ve had the game for a few days now and I don’t like one bit that the dlc is now required for the platinum. Yeah I’ll play it regardless, but I was hoping to platinum the base game ASAP and do the dlc when the new expansion releases in 2021.

1 hour ago, Badkat18 said:

For those wondering, it is coming to the psn. Not sure why it hasn't yet. But according to their own website, they have a link to order it from the psn. The link just isnt active yet. It takes you to a dead page. So expect it anytime now. Probably this week. https://amalur.thqnordic.com/

Because of my reasoning in the above reply.

Edited by ImAPirateSoSueMe
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

That’s because PSN doesn’t do preorders for games that don’t have preorder bonuses.

Didn't even see your comment. But that is good to know. No wonder their pre order section always seems so small, with all the games that are coming out. I guess now I know :) 

• Like 2

I see improvements I think, but I haven't played it in 7 years so perhaps I just remember loving the visuals back then, it reminded me of how lovely and bright the original Fable looked. I see people are upset about the bloom effect still being present but I think it suits the game, could most likely be alone in that thinking though. I think a lot of folks were expecting the game the get a full graphical revamp like Spongebob though I don't see why given that game was a PS2 title being updated to PS4 and accounting for the new designs of the characters in the show, I think the original KoL: R visuals hold up well enough.

Hopefully the bug I got after crossing the sea and killing Balor doesn't happen- I attacked an enemy outpost that was part of a future mission but it wouldn't respawn when I got the quest and it didn't count as completed, and it was a story-critical quest so I had to start all over!  

33 minutes ago, Badkat18 said:

Didn't even see your comment. But that is good to know. No wonder their pre order section always seems so small, with all the games that are coming out. I guess now I know :) 

Nah you’re good. I replied to both of you at the same time. :) Yeah it confused me at first why Xbox got a lot more preorders on their marketplace compared to PS but once I found out, it made sense, sorta anyway.

It looks like it treads a very fine line between a direct port and remaster status. It's not a masterpiece RPG by any means, but it's super fun. Can't wait to play it again.

Weirdly, it's also getting another DLC expansion in 2021 called Fatesworn. So expect this trophy list to update with a DLC pack addition.

10 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

A Wink and a Smile was missable, unless they added more persuasion chances in the DLC (I really don't remember the DLC).

I completed the the DLCs not too long ago, and I can tell that there are at least a few persuasion chances. Not too many, though.

Oh boy that Green Thumb trophy gave me so much trouble back on the PS3... I made the mistake of grabbing/stealing reagents from people's houses and it only counts when you actually harvest them. I ended up making a list of every reagent and putting a tally every time I actually harvested one. It... took forever. xD

18 minutes ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

The original was one of the first few platinums I ever got, and I had a blast playing. I don't even recall the game being too grindy, so I'm definitely looking forward to playing this one again. Is it only coming out digitally?

There's also a physical edition of it. I pre ordered a Collector's Edition last week.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MrGarland said:

There's also a physical edition of it. I pre ordered a Collector's Edition last week.

Crap I wish i knew sooner, already have like 3 preorders going and keeping an eye out for the ps5, so maybe ill wait to find a cheaper seller on the interwebs later on. Either way looking forward to replaying this again, and getting the platinum too

1 hour ago, KANERKB said:

I hope the glitches still work as I want to have unlimited bag space and near endless points to use that is if I get this remaster as playing it was fun and all but tiny glitches made it even more fun for me

What? I didn't know there was a glitch for a bigger inventory space. Due lack of space I got rid of some armor sets from other classes that looked cool.

3 hours ago, PineappleTimbits said:

Oh boy that Green Thumb trophy gave me so much trouble back on the PS3... I made the mistake of grabbing/stealing reagents from people's houses and it only counts when you actually harvest them. I ended up making a list of every reagent and putting a tally every time I actually harvested one. It... took forever. xD

The game was so generous with armor sets and weapons to make you op that with exception of health and mana potions 90% of the rest i didn't touch it, so i just harvested the missing ones a couple of days after beating the game.

Luckily there is only 11 type of them.

Think there's still the three, in base game anyway;

• A Wink and a Smile -- gotta persuade people 50 times
  • Destiny Dominated -- complete the game on hard difficulty, will lock you out if you change the difficulty at any point, and the game will prompt you to change it if you die a lot in a short time, iirc
  • Out of Your League -- kill an enemy 4 levels higher than you, the general advice for this is to get yourself sent to jail as early as possible in the game, and kill a guy in there. probs would be the one time you'd have to look at a vid, as you can also get the Jailbreak trophy at the same time

I am not sure about the dlcs, as i never completed them in base game, but I know there was a missable there, to do with the new character you meet.

• Like 3