Updates don't work anymore :(

kareha_
Go to solution Solved by Sly Ripper,

As RachP13 has said I'm pretty sure it is now clear to anyone who actually reads other posts/threads what has happened. Sly very rarely gives out updates, he will most often work his balls off to get it done and then say completed.

There is no point in him making a thread just to say 'looking into it' once a day.

So the main rule on this one would be to let Sly get on with it and not expect updates from him every 2 minutes. There are lots of threads to discuss this on too.

As for that competition, I guess it'll be a case of crossig fingers and hoping that Sly can figure this out sooner rather than later :)

Hey Memnoch. It seems that my posts may have been mistaken for whinging, which I can assure you, they aren't. I admit that I am fairly new to PSNProfiles and almost never look at the forum (mainly use it for the card and profile info) and maybe don't know my way around here too well. When I couldn't update for a while I came looking. I expected to find something in the Announcements thread but there didn't seem to be anything and a quick look at the headings of the other sub-forums had me thinking (with my possibly skewed logic) that I wouldn't find anything there, so then I found this thread. I apologise for my lack of forum savvy.

I sure don't expect minute-by-minute updates at all and I am thankful and appreciative that this is being worked on. I thought maybe that the issue would be resolved now though, but maybe if I'd found those other threads you mentioned I would know better.

I am not participating in the competition that I mentioned, I just hope that things go smoothly for the guys over at PS3T that are.

Cheers! :)

Edited by A7_Zealot
  • Like 1

There isn't a problem with the site, it is Sony's fault. They changed the password to the trophy api and it seems that no one has it yet, hence why at the top of the main page Sly is asking for someone with "reverse engineering/assembly or have a jailbroken PS3 and are decently technically minded"

There isn't a problem with the site, it is Sony's fault. They changed the password to the trophy api and it seems that no one has it yet, hence why at the top of the main page Sly is asking for someone with "reverse engineering/assembly or have a jailbroken PS3 and are decently technically minded"

Exophase and skippycue (psnt) know how to reverse engineer/deassemble the ps3 firmware. Sly does not know. He asked a haker to do the work for him, to get so far. But now Sony changed only the password to the trophy server and he doesn't know what to do. I don't know eather. But stop saying sly is gonna fix everything. There are only a few persons that know about how things work and sly is not one of it. Sorry to say that. Exophase was the first person who found out the new password, skippy needed a few more days. Thats it.

Nevertheless, sly did a great work with this website, thats a fakt.

Thank you so far sly for this great leaderboard. Hope you will find someone who can help.

PSNProfiles must be getting desperate considering at the top of the page it says if anyone has knowledge or has a jailbroken ps3 to email them. And considering Im in a GTAV Plat race, i hope this gets fixed before i get platinum, bc i want to be the 1st in the competition to win.

Well guys look at it this way: I'm a totally blind gamer, and blind gamers are more affected by this than anyone else. This is because we can easily look at trophy data using tracking sites with our screen reading programs on our PCs. but we cannot track progress from our consoles as there is no way for us to read such data. Which means I have no ideas what trophies I've earned in the last few days hahaha. If I can be patient, so can everyone  else. I am upset with Sony for blocking access though, as I depend on these sites a lot.

PSNProfiles must be getting desperate considering at the top of the page it says if anyone has knowledge or has a jailbroken ps3 to email them. And considering Im in a GTAV Plat race, i hope this gets fixed before i get platinum, bc i want to be the 1st in the competition to win.

You don't need PSNP for that, just be faster than everyone else! Good luck!

Hope this gets fixed soon, relying on the good people that run the site :)

Not sure about that, because those guys at PSNTrophyLeaderboards got it working already. So, if it's just a password then at least they've got it.

Exophase and skippycue (psnt) know how to reverse engineer/deassemble the ps3 firmware. Sly does not know. He asked a haker to do the work for him, to get so far. But now Sony changed only the password to the trophy server and he doesn't know what to do. I don't know eather. But stop saying sly is gonna fix everything. There are only a few persons that know about how things work and sly is not one of it. Sorry to say that. Exophase was the first person who found out the new password, skippy needed a few more days. Thats it.

Thank you so far sly for this great leaderboard. Hope you will find someone who can help.

Hopefully someone with the necessary skills steps up.

Lmao. No wonder it's been sorted on Exophase already. Go look at their PSN leaderboard... joke.