Updates don't work anymore :(

kareha_
Go to solution Solved by Sly Ripper,

Yep, just came to the site and saw the message at the top of the site, "Updates are really buggy, automatic updates are turned off. If you're premium you'll get the missed time added on when it's resolved." - So I updated and it did it without a problem and all my GTA V and Killzone Mercenary trophies i got in the past few days so there's definitely progress there, I'm not sure why Sony is making so much trouble with this stuff, we should find a way of contacting Sony or Shuhei Yoshida on Twitter or something to let approved sites be able to use trophy information of all PSN users or something. Eh just a thought, but anyway, I'm glad it's mostly resolved so far!

Well, I have to say that I expected this to take longer then this to get up and running (even if it's not 100% yet, from the message on the main page).

But as usual, people just had to wait for things to get fixed (instead of whining about it not being working...), and Sly take care of things (he may not know how to do this stuff, but because of that, he quickly put a message asking for help from someone who knows about it).

So, thanks to Sly and whoever helped him getting whatever he needed to enable the tracking again!

• Like 3

So You could say this website is kind of illegal then?

I honestly don't see how it could be, seeing that trophy information is completely public unless set to private, I could go to the PlayStation website and type anyone's name in and see their trophy information, I could type your name and see your trophy information. Maybe the way of "accessing" - well it probably isn't "illegal", just probably not all the way legitimate. It's annoying how Sony still doesn't have a public API, Sony clearly knows how important trophies are seeing as how execs always mention them and how they are always featured in their conferences.

Edited by BlindMango

Updating didn't work for me yet (it showed "success" but it didn't really update), but I'm going to be patient :)

Also regarding the question whether Sony did this on purpose to harm websites like PSNP: I really don't think so. If Sony had problems with the fact that there are sites on the internet that track your trophies, they'd already have done something about it long ago. And it'd probably have been a more straight-forward approach than changing server passwords I guess. I think there are other reasons for changing them, though I don't know which.

Updating didn't work for me yet (it showed "success" but it didn't really update), but I'm going to be patient :)

Also regarding the question whether Sony did this on purpose to harm websites like PSNP: I really don't think so. If Sony had problems with the fact that there are sites on the internet that track your trophies, they'd already have done something about it long ago. And it'd probably have been a more straight-forward approach than changing server passwords I guess. I think there are other reasons for changing them, though I don't know which.

same here

I agree with you, LuxVanitas. I just want Sony to ppofficially make its API public.

I read somewhere that the sales of PS2 almost equals the sales PS3 and XBOX360 combined, meaning the market of console game machines for serious gamers isn't growing. You can argue that regarding Nintendo as platforms for casual gamers is wrong or mobile game machines should be considered as devices for serious gaming, etc.

My point is that the current trends of console game machines are not ideal and Sony should know that encouraging game community like PSN Profiles is essential in order to increase the gaming population. It seems to me that at the moment Sony just overlooks third party web sites accessing PSN database and doesn't officially provide such service. I doubt it is a good business strategy.

• Like 2

Hello,

I just updated my profile and the strangest thing happened.  I recently earned a few trophies from the DLC of Resident Evil 6.  However, they are not showing up.  Instead, I got a notice that says I have decided to hide the trophies, and that my stats have been adjusted accordingly.  Is this a result of something I did, or is this just a result of the updating mechanism still being a bit buggy?  How would I go about unhiding them?

Thanks!

Like sly announced, the update process is kind of buggy.

I think sly can get the overall user information, like how much trophies someone has earned in total, but maybe there is a problem to get the information about each played game. So the update script thinks, that you have hidden trophies, because it can not get the specific game trophy infos.

The hidden trophies are calculated by subtract the sum of all played and earned trophies from the total trophy count, which can be requested separately.

Edited by kareha_

Hello,

I just updated my profile and the strangest thing happened.  I recently earned a few trophies from the DLC of Resident Evil 6.  However, they are not showing up.  Instead, I got a notice that says I have decided to hide the trophies, and that my stats have been adjusted accordingly.  Is this a result of something I did, or is this just a result of the updating mechanism still being a bit buggy?  How would I go about unhiding them?

Thanks!

You are able to hide any of your trophy lists with your PSVita via the trophy app (PS3 can't do it yet), doing so will give a notice on this website that you've hidden trophies to answer confusion of anyone else that may be viewing your PSNProfile which simply is a notification that explains why your level and percentage doesn't match up to your official PSN level (you have hidden trophies and PSNProfiles adjusts your level accordingly), if you've never actually hidden your trophies then don't stress, it's simply because of what the top of the site says, "Updates are really buggy, automatic updates are turned off. If you're premium you'll get the missed time added on when it's resolved." - when everything on the site gets fixed all the way, then your profile should update correctly.

Edited by BlindMango

it's up running again now but even if i did update at the moment my psn card is still not showing a single trophy from what i recently unlocked from RDR, tomb rider and pinballistc, guess it's a good time now to go and write more trophies tips and upload something new to the DA for me untill it'll be back up running 100% again.

same here, update shows as done in less than a second - but nothing has updated on my profile. so i tried to update a profile of a friend, there it takes some seconds, showed an validation process and seemed to update.

the difference i could observe: he did not started new games last days, but that can be random by accident.

@sly what are you using? php curls or something else?

Edited by mellooh