How are people liking the game so far?

Darling Baphomet

I just bought it and am a few hours in - the graphics are a bit weird, they look 3D a lot of the time but sometimes just look like awkwardly moving 2D images. Besides that, it seems pretty fun - a bit more dramatic than the Pokemon games so far, a little bit JRPG-y, but it's a pretty good addition especially considering it's not a Nintendo exclusive.

Having nine starters is honestly a dream come true for me as well - when I was a kid I would draw hundreds of custom pokemon, and part of that was a concept for a pokemon game with nine starters.

I got it but only played about an hour. I really like it. The story seems pretty good, and I love the monster designs. I picked the wolf for my starter, as I spoiled myself looking at their evolutions and thought he was the coolest. Looking forward to playing some more but I haven't been in a playing games type mood lately. 

• Like 1

I'm enjoying it so far, played it for a little over an hour. Picked the rock one I figured it might evolve into something cool, but was considering the ripoff looking vulpix too. Doesn't seem to hold your hand as much as pokemon does in the beginning, and seems grindier. I'm sure people will find ways to break the exp system later lol

• Like 2

Really fun game. Scratch my Pokémon itch better than most 3d Pokémon games. 

I very much appreciate the fact that you can venture off path and explore the world. I collected almost 100 Nexomon before doing the first story quest lol (the frozen mine thing).

The story is surprisingly good. My only gripe so far is that a lot of Nexomon are very similar stats wise and I have no incentives not to stack my team with only starters.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, turbodream17 said:

Really fun game. Scratch my Pokémon itch better than most 3d Pokémon games. 

I very much appreciate the fact that you can venture off path and explore the world. I collected almost 100 Nexomon before doing the first story quest lol (the frozen mine thing).

The story is surprisingly good. My only gripe so far is that a lot of Nexomon are very similar stats wise and I have no incentives not to stack my team with only starters.

Yeah, I feel bad for having 5 starters on my team right now, but I've switched a few Nexomon in and out

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Are there specific areas you have to go to for starters, or are they spread out across the map?

You can find the normal and electric starter at the very beginning.

Every other starters except for mineral and water I found on the tropical island.

I know you can find them at several places, but I think they are easier to find in their "natural habitat". Mineral in caves, Fire in the Volcano, Water in the frozen tundra, Ghost in the ghost forest, etc.

You will also find evolved starters in the wild. 

Edited by turbodream17
  • Like 2

Enjoying this game tons. I haven't played any of the pokemon games since 2002. None of the more recent ones interested me and/or just lost interest in the monster catching games. However, this game looked interesting enough and the price ($17 right now) is superb for getting back into it.

I only put an hour in and cannot wait to get off work today to play more! (Haven't felt this excited for a game in awhile) 

• Like 2

Really enjoying the game so far!  Only just finished the first story quest, but like others have said so far, it's a lot of fund exploring and capturing Nexomon.  I like the game and a lot of the jokes are landing for me too.  I think its definitely worth the price as well.

Liking it pretty well so far, currently have 13 hours in mostly collecting Nexomon and am currently at 107/381
With my current Team
Vainok(Starter Chosen)-level 23
Fandiose-level 22
Nekgiri- level 23
Bombriol-level 23
Biralo-level 17
Gekoko-level 12(Going to be replaced with Volt though or whatever is was called.)
May or may not replace Fandiose as well not sure yet.
Kind of wanted to use Mara or Lume, but went against since I didn't want too many starters on my team and will likely stick with Noki until the end.

Would be nice if the database showed location on where the nexomon were, or a map in general would be nice. not sure how many quest I completed.
Only trophy I see being a pain is beating every tamer twice trophy since I'll probably forget who I battled and some battles I'm not sure are a one time thing or not.

• Like 2

Loving it so far. Picked Trebly the rock starter as my starter. Some of the Nexomon designs are a bit hit or miss but the game overall has been a blast to play. I love the humour in the game, especially some of the things Coco says. If I could add anything to the game, I would add a move relearner, more moves as a lot of Nexomon learn the exact same moves and I would add dual type Nexomon.

• Like 2

Not sure if this will get answered or not
but currently looking for

Spoiler

Hyphoon in Drake Isles or something like that, is the RNG really that bad for it or is not near the healing center? My nexomon are all almost level 30 while looking for this thing.
Not sure if this is spoilers or not.

4 hours ago, Nightstream88 said:

Not sure if this will get answered or not
but currently looking for

Hide contents

Hyphoon in Drake Isles or something like that, is the RNG really that bad for it or is not near the healing center? My nexomon are all almost level 30 while looking for this thing.
Not sure if this is spoilers or not.

i personally found it not right where the healer is but if you go right to the next area, past the trainer and up the bridge there are 2 bigger grass patches. The one on the left is where i encountered it 3 times. im not 100% sure but i think you also need the experimental lure to encounter it

• Like 2

Yeah finally got the lure, and got the thing.
Currently at 152/381 Nexomon 
kind of surprise no one has them all yet, or is that trophy glitched unless some are just very hard to come by.
 And got most of my team up in their final evolutions, may try and kind of wish I knew about the exp cores earlier, but haven't used cores at all until recently.
 A mapping system would have been nice in this game along with telling you where to find the nexomon in the game if you seen them or at least caught them once.

5 minutes ago, Nightstream88 said:

kind of surprise no one has them all yet, or is that trophy glitched unless some are just very hard to come by.
 And got most of my team up in their final evolutions, may try and kind of wish I knew about the exp cores earlier, but haven't used cores at all until recently.
 A mapping system would have been nice in this game along with telling you where to find the nexomon in the game if you seen them or at least caught them once.

It's because the Tyrants are essentially like "Roaming Pokemon". Might take hours to find them. I saw someone on YouTube say it took them a while to just find one. 

57 minutes ago, Nightstream88 said:

someone from the EU stack got the platinum today but they have had the game since the 22nd

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ampplaca said:

i personally found it not right where the healer is but if you go right to the next area, past the trainer and up the bridge there are 2 bigger grass patches. The one on the left is where i encountered it 3 times. im not 100% sure but i think you also need the experimental lure to encounter it

I can confirm this as it is the exact area I found my Hyphoon.

Just hit about 20 hours in and I'm hooked, having a blast catching new ones every area I go and the ridiculous humor is a nice touch lol.

My party is in the low 30s, and if you are starting off really do yourself a favor and get to the tropical island location asap and drake isles as soon as the airship is mentioned..the dragons make a great addition to your team. The difficulty changes they made that people are complaining about as far as their mons getting little exp from being higher level, I found that the exp cores are helping balance that alot..not to mention the harmony hidden stat from the update. I can level up in about 5-10 fights in an area with some good exp cores (dont have them all at 3, fyi).