How are people liking the game so far?

Darling Baphomet

15 hours ago, Nightstream88 said:

Not sure if this will get answered or not
but currently looking for

Hide contents

Hyphoon in Drake Isles or something like that, is the RNG really that bad for it or is not near the healing center? My nexomon are all almost level 30 while looking for this thing.
Not sure if this is spoilers or not.

I ran into it once and killed it by mistake FML, it was right by the healing guy when you first land at drake isles. Haven't seen it since

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just up and got the platinum for the game 
Not sure if this would count as spoilers or not but
Something I kind of wish the game had

Spoiler

Is some endless battle facility to see how far you can go with All the Nexomon at level 99. Since I kind of didn't have much use for the nexomon that are post game.
I know you can always re-battle tamers, but I'm not sure their levels go any higher then what I had them at which is like 60-70s I think.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nightstream88 said:

Well I just up and got the platinum for the game 
Not sure if this would count as spoilers or not but
Something I kind of wish the game had

Hide contents

Is some endless battle facility to see how far you can go with All the Nexomon at level 99. Since I kind of didn't have much use for the nexomon that are post game.
I know you can always re-battle tamers, but I'm not sure their levels go any higher then what I had them at which is like 60-70s I think.

Their levels don't get that high, but the synergy cores give all EXP earned to Nexomon that have it, so you can grind higher level Nexomon by just fighting those trainers with level 60-70 Nexomon (especially with EXP cores, which also transfer via synergy cores.)

I've finished the game last friday (I have the plat).

Some trophies are time-consuming but nothing is missable or hard to get (most are related to the story).

The time-consuming trophies are: "catch every Nexomon", "catch every Tyrant", "raise a Nexomon to lvl 99" and the "beat every tamer once, then twice".

Most of the Tyrant in the game are "roaming" so catching them is very RNG dependant. Some rare Nexomon are limited to very specific patches of grass. You will probably beat the game around lvl 50-70 but you need to lvl 2 specific Nexomon to lvl 90 to complete your dex so I would choose one of them as your lvl 99. Enemy Nexomon don't go over lvl 75ish. The new core from the last update help a lot. I recommend you battle every tamers per area so you should not forget any. There is a new tamer in Drake Isles since the last update, not sure if he counts towards the trophies.

I hope they will add some quests with a future update. Would be cool to battle the talking tree or Hilda. I'm also curious about the 2 children of Omnicron we do not encounter at all: Metta and Ventra. Somebody knows if there is a lore reason why they are absent?

• 6 months later...

I'm about 12 hours in so far and enjoy it. For context I loved Pokemon when I was younger but haven't played a Pokemon game in over a decade due to how easy the games are now.

Three random things I don't like:

-Whenever you find a new Nexomon the game will tell you the rarity of it. This takes away some of the surprise factor since you'll just catch the lower tier Nexomon and put them in storage

-I wish each Nexomon had more stats like there is in Pokemon. (There's only one attack stat in Nexomon compared to Attack/Special Attack in Pokemon)

-The move animations happen way too fast and I haven't found a way to be able to slow down the animations. 

7/10 so far imo. I think it's worth the price for Pokemon fans but don't expect this to completely wow you. Really would like to see what this dev team can do with a bigger budget for any sequels. There is certainly potential here.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I've had the game on Switch, can't make it past the final battle, but grabbed it for the trophies on PS4.

I really liked playing it on Switch, so hopefully I can do things better than before on PS4 version. It's honestly such a charming game, the devs had some fun with the dialogue, I can say a lot of it on Switch had me in tears laughing.