[Patched] Unlimited Money / Skill Book Exploit

dernop

On 1/28/2021 at 0:26 PM, talkingwires said:

Dang. Looks like I've got to start fresh for trophy cleanup, since the “Dorsey Prisoner's Note” lore book for the Book Learnin' trophy was finally added in the 1.30 patch, but can only be acquired if you put two points into Leadership during character creation. Would've been nice to use this exploit to run through the game even faster.

Oh well, I've already completed the Supreme Jerk run. Guess I'll use the new Tourist difficulty and just speedrun the thing.

Are there any others that have stat requirements? I've been waiting to start this game until they patched it so these could be obtained. 

3 hours ago, Unebrion said:

Are there any others that have stat requirements? I've been waiting to start this game until they patched it so these could be obtained. 

If you check the links below you can see every requirement needed.

https://wasteland.gamepedia.com/Wasteland_3_lore_and_skill_books  (Time capsule letter has been removed as contest finished its not needed)

https://wasteland.gamepedia.com/Wasteland_3_cassette_tapes

https://wasteland.gamepedia.com/Kodiak_upgrades

Edited by Game_Knot
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I suppose one could always buy the physical disc and run through the game unpatched to make life easier for the difficulty-based trophies and then install the patches once they've unlocked them and start a fresh game. I guess it all depends on how hard the game is on it's hardest setting. I don't suppose anyone would be willing to answer that?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11.3.2021 at 5:17 AM, MrTacoNinja said:

I suppose one could always buy the physical disc and run through the game unpatched to make life easier for the difficulty-based trophies and then install the patches once they've unlocked them and start a fresh game. I guess it all depends on how hard the game is on it's hardest setting. I don't suppose anyone would be willing to answer that?

11 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Could you buy the disc, tell the patch to fuck off, do the XP glitch and then download the patch? Would that be a possible work-around for anyone interested in this glitch (such as myself)? I'm still curious about this. 

You can buy disc version and run through the game unpatched to get the unlimited money/skill points exploit but honestly i wouldn't recommend that as game was a mess with bugged quests and blue screens until the later patches fixed most of those problems.

Btw, Supreme Jerk difficulty is only "hard" the first few levels after you hit level 4-5 its quite manageable without exploits.

One more thing to get the lore book / cassette tapes trophies you need to be playing on latest patch from beginning as starting game unpatched and then installing patch endgame to collect those bugged collectibles wont work as they wont show up this way.

Edited by Game_Knot
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2021-05-28 at 0:55 AM, MrTacoNinja said:

I'm curious, how much easier do these exploits even make Supreme Jerk anyway?

You pretty much have all the best gear along with infinite ammo and heals by using this exploit although it shouldn't be much of an issue without it either. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk