Yakuza: Ishin! is coming to the West - February 21st, 2023

ziggypossum

Just read the article and nothing is actually said in it at all specifically in relation to Yakuza Ishin like the headline states, it actually refers all Yakuza spin-offs in general. It's a pretty empty bit of news really - a sentence stretched tight and drawn out across an article post for the sake of having an article post. Parrot journalism is the worst :(

It's nice that SEGA are considering the spin-off titles though. I'd love to see Dead Souls get the Dragon Engine treatment for sure. It's been a good couple of years for the Yakuza franchise.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 3

Don't forgot Yakuza Kenzan.

I'd be Day 1 purchase if Dead Souls came out on PS4, I highly enjoyed both the Japanese and English release on PS3.

Annoyingly Dead Souls suffered from poor performance sometimes when too many zombies got on screen, so it makes the most sense to have this one on PS4 on stronger hardware. I also am amazed they never did a kurohyou collection from the PSP to Vita. I guess the 2 PSP Yakuza games just didn't sell well enough.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

The Yakuza fans were asking for this for a long time, yet RGG and SEGA knocked them back saying it wouldn't interest them. 

Then when Ghost of Ts..  Tash.... Sushhi. When Ghost came out the Jap devs were blown away by it. Ignorance prevented sales for them, so let em keep there Ishhissh.... Kenza.. Stuff there Edo games. 

7 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Just release it now, I'll buy it day 1.

I think some of it will have to be cut out. I heard there was a scene where a very young Haruka is getting gropped and such by a man or men. Might be fine for the Japanese audiences, but I'm hoping westerners are above that foul shit. 

Edited by DaivRules

I personally theorize that issin was initially skipped because of the long localization gap yakuza 5 had and because we were about 3 games behind(with 3 more releasing in the next year or two) this was deemed less of a priority because it wasn't exactly canon to the main series(fotns lost paradise wasn't canon to yakuza either, but by the time that one was announced all we had left was kiwami 2 and judgement so the workload wasn't as daunting). I feel theyre likely waiting for a remaster to get greenlighted as all thats left to release that doesn't have a confirmed remaster is 7/like a dragon(unless they announce 8/judgement 2/ect. but any of those are 2021 games at the earliest)

Ishin is brilliant, Finished a play through on the PS3 during quarantine on the Diamond Princess. The trophies match the ps4 version which is kind of unfortunate. In any xase I got allot of the story though an equal amount was over my head. It's a beautiful game.

• 8 months later...

I'd love to play Yakuza Isshin, it's weird because I literally have the game installed on my PS4 and I can understand Japanese, but due to having other games to play, a huge backlog including Yakuza 0, Kiwami 1 and 2 which are in English. I'd rather play those instead, since I can read fast in English, but reading Japanese, well it's hard and I am a lot slower and don't really have the effort or motivation anymore to stop and start and keeping looking up words like I did with Yakuza 3, 4, 5 on PS3 back in the day. But so many archaic Japanese symbols in Isshin, because it's set in old samurai times Japan. I know I'd just be skipping tons of dialogue and likely only getting the gist of what is going on.

I think the Yakuza studio, recently they have remastered so much, that they are probably running out of things to do. So perhaps looking more likely than ever to go back to these games?

I genuinely wish Dead Souls would come to PS4 as well as Isshin and Kenzan. I mean they've pretty much remastered everything else now. It's weird that they released a HD remaster of both Yakuza 1 and 2 PS2 version on PS3 and then went on to remake Yakuza 1 and 2 for PS3 and PS4 anyway.

In a way it's kind of sad that Yakuza 7 is their best selling Yakuza game now, since it's now a RPG and not a proper fighting game. I hope that doesn't mean the end of Yakuza fighting games. At least Judgement is still around.

Edited by enaysoft

52 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

In a way it's kind of sad that Yakuza 7 is their best selling Yakuza game now, since it's now a RPG and not a proper fighting game. I hope that doesn't mean the end of Yakuza fighting games. 

Really? Can't believe it. A Yakuza Game without Kiryu is the best selling game? I'm sad now.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

Really? Can't believe it. A Yakuza Game without Kiryu is the best selling game? I'm sad now.

Well judging by these two articles.

https://tojodojo.com/sega-vice-president-confirms-yakuza-like-a-dragon-was-the-most-successful-game-in-the-series/

https://tojodojo.com/yakuza-will-remain-a-turn-based-rpg-series/

I do worry about the direction the series is going.

Still, like I say, I still have Yakuza 0, 1, 2 and Isshin to START, let alone get platinum on. So I guess, 4 Yakuza games for me to enjoy as being brand new (in my mind)

And then I can always go for PS4 remakes of 3, 4 and 5 or the Judgement game(s) if I am running out of Yakuza games to play.

On 5/13/2021 at 10:51 PM, enaysoft said:

Well judging by these two articles.

https://tojodojo.com/sega-vice-president-confirms-yakuza-like-a-dragon-was-the-most-successful-game-in-the-series/

https://tojodojo.com/yakuza-will-remain-a-turn-based-rpg-series/

I do worry about the direction the series is going.

Still, like I say, I still have Yakuza 0, 1, 2 and Isshin to START, let alone get platinum on. So I guess, 4 Yakuza games for me to enjoy as being brand new (in my mind)

And then I can always go for PS4 remakes of 3, 4 and 5 or the Judgement game(s) if I am running out of Yakuza games to play.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I have Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami on my PS4 backlog. Will be starting Yakuza 0 hopefully in the next few months. It pays homage to old arcade classics and even has a dating minigame among other things. The Climax Battles and story alone are definitely worth the time and moeny.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Ishin and Kenzan have been my most wanted Yakuza games since I finished Yakuza 6. Can't wait for this! So Ishin is coming early in 2023 and possibly, maybe we might get Yakuza 8 later in that year. Now I need to get myself together and start Yakuza 7 otherwise I'm going to be completely behind.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 3