Yakuza: Ishin! is coming to the West - February 21st, 2023

ziggypossum

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When this does come out I'm going to be privately embarrassed at how much I misinterpreted the story. I got allot of it and then ran into a roadblock here and there. This is one of my favorite Yakuza Games to date, even the mini games are fun. I finished the PS3 version.

Edited by Z1MZUM
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got to say, I'm pretty sceptical of the trooper card system they have outside of the dungeon now. It wasn't like that in the original game. Just feels a bit *too* wacky being able to shoot laser beams out of your hand during a normal street fight. It kind of takes away from the whole samurai thing... I'm still looking forward to the game though.

This happening is all thanks to Sucker Punch and Ghost of Tsushima. I remember long back when the RGG devs refused to port or market this to the west as they believed we had no knowledge of Japanese history or aesthetic. Then when Ghost of Tsushima arrived their jaws dropped and realised its Japan who knows nothing of the west and what we take interest in. 

Glad its happening none the less. 

• Like 1

On 27/01/2023 at 5:19 PM, Undead Wolf said:

I've got to say, I'm pretty sceptical of the trooper card system they have outside of the dungeon now. It wasn't like that in the original game. Just feels a bit *too* wacky being able to shoot laser beams out of your hand during a normal street fight. It kind of takes away from the whole samurai thing... I'm still looking forward to the game though.

RGGS confirmed that you can actually disable the trooper cards and play the game how it was in the original version. I'm really glad they gave us that option. That's how I'll be playing assuming you're not forced to use them for trophies or something.

Wp0nNfp.png

Source

• Like 2