LEGOmii

Get the Pirates DLC in August 2020

115 posts in this topic

Hi all,

 

Edit: TLDR: you can get the digital base game and the Pirates DLC on the Korean PSN store, which works to earn the trophies.

 

 

I had been trying to get the Pirates DLC for months and had heard rumours of a US disc release with the content but could not track down that particular unicorn. So what I ended up doing was researching on the PSN store sites for other regions and what I found was most Asian countries had the Pirates DLC but the base game came up as Disc Only on the store. The only reliable import of the disc I could find was Japan, but their LBP servers were closed years ago. The only exception I could find was on the Korean store that had both the Disney DLC (as I shall probably do this for LBP2 and the Muppets) AND the base game digitally.

 

In the end I got a Korean PSN account and 50,000won credit, logged into the account and purchased the digital game and DLC. When it downloaded and updated etc I booted it up on my main account (LEGOMii) and completed the first 3 levels to access the world globe and hey presto; the Pirates DLC was in My Content. You can look at my profile; I started earning the Pirates DLC a couple days ago (30/08/2020)

 

Other notes;

  • I am UK based with a UK PSN account.
  • I did not need a VPN for Korea to download/upload anything.
  • This worked as of 30/08/2020; I cannot take responsibility if you attempt this and get regional issues or the Korean servers are taken down (a la Japan; which was my first attempt at this because an imported disc is way way cheaper). This is why I did the online trophies (upload level and play 20 community levels) asap, because the rest can in theory be done offline.
  • Good luck if you decide to try it :D
Edited by LEGOmii
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work. I managed to do this a couple of years ago but managed to get the DLC from best buy and used it with a US copy of the game. If the best buy method doesn't work anymore then I hope this method helps someone.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

I wonder if the missing LBL2 and Vita DLC is available on the Korean store too.

 

LBP2 Muppets DLC certainly is. Issue there is the Vita Controller DLC pack that may or may not work with it, not sure. You may end up needing a copy from your Vita's region, don't know (by all means anyone correct me).

 

Re the Vita DLC; DC is still available in UK anyway. The Marvel DLC is on the cart of the Marvel Edition and you can pick that up cheap enough pre owned.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you say bought an account, did you buy an account with the DLC on it or just a new account for that region? Seems weird if it is the latter since they are free to make.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

When you say bought an account, did you buy an account with the DLC on it or just a new account for that region? Seems weird if it is the latter since they are free to make.

 

The latter. You can't create Korean accounts on the PS4, PS3 etc, the system stops you. You may be able to in a browser but again I don't think you can. I have no idea why, very odd.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LEGOmii said:

 

The latter. You can't create Korean accounts on the PS4, PS3 etc, the system stops you. You may be able to in a browser but again I don't think you can. I have no idea why, very odd.

Korean PSN accounts are IP locked so unless you live in Korea and have a Korean Citizen's card, you cannot create one. I believe the Chinese PSN accounts are the same.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LEGOmii said:

 

The latter. You can't create Korean accounts on the PS4, PS3 etc, the system stops you. You may be able to in a browser but again I don't think you can. I have no idea why, very odd.

I had no idea, The more you know.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Korean PSN accounts are IP locked so unless you live in Korea and have a Korean Citizen's card, you cannot create one. I believe the Chinese PSN accounts are the same.

 

3 hours ago, LEGOmii said:

 

The latter. You can't create Korean accounts on the PS4, PS3 etc, the system stops you. You may be able to in a browser but again I don't think you can. I have no idea why, very odd.

 

Singapore is IP locked too. Proxies don't seem to work, I tried.

Edited by cris3f
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cris3f said:

 

 

Singapore is IP locked too. Proxies don't seem to work, I tried.

They must have changed something in the interim, because I created a Singapore PSN account early last year and had no issues 🤔.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if the korean store still has the dlc? I tried the singapore store but couldnt find anything. 

If not does anyone know if any region stores still has this dlc?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blkburn123 said:

Does anyone know if the korean store still has the dlc? I tried the singapore store but couldnt find anything. 

If not does anyone know if any region stores still has this dlc?

AFAIK, this DLC is long gone from every store :(.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the Pirates DLC delisted from the Korean store now? I remember being able to check their store via browser, but now that PSN got updated to hide PS3 games, I can't check on my own without creating a Korean account which would cost money.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RNMKR-KO said:

Is the Pirates DLC delisted from the Korean store now? I remember being able to check their store via browser, but now that PSN got updated to hide PS3 games, I can't check on my own without creating a Korean account which would cost money.

 

This might help:

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/11/2020 at 10:28 PM, RNMKR-KO said:

Is the Pirates DLC delisted from the Korean store now? I remember being able to check their store via browser, but now that PSN got updated to hide PS3 games, I can't check on my own without creating a Korean account which would cost money.

 

Doh, literally finished the Pirates dlc a couple days ago having bought the digital game and dlc from the Korean store. So it 100% worked when I did the original post and you can see my trophies when I earned them.

 

I'll boot up the PS3 later on said Korean account and check for you, will reply in next few days. But I'm pretty sure it's still on there. Will confirm.

 

Finally 100% the game last night. So happy 😊 only took 10 years.

 

Note that the Muppets dlc on LBP2 is exactly the same; you can buy an Asian digital version and the dlc and it works. I went with Singapore on this one as it is much easier to get credit. Again check my trophies, you'll see I've earned some of them recently.

On 26/10/2020 at 8:09 PM, blkburn123 said:

Does anyone know if the korean store still has the dlc? I tried the singapore store but couldnt find anything. 

If not does anyone know if any region stores still has this dlc?

 

As a rule of thumb if you find any Disney dlc for LBP on a store then chances are it's on there. Think there are a couple exceptions when I was looking months ago. I bought the Muppets one a couple days ago on Singapore, along with digital copy of the game to get the trophies. And it did work.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was totally gonna start this series very soon and just saw this post...digging around for more info I stumbled across a reddit post with someone claiming you can get the trophies if someone with the dlc hosts a game in MP for you. 

 

They said it works for this and in LBP2 for the Muppets. 

 

Anyone here confirm this?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, GunfighterHefty said:

I was totally gonna start this series very soon and just saw this post...digging around for more info I stumbled across a reddit post with someone claiming you can get the trophies if someone with the dlc hosts a game in MP for you. 

 

They said it works for this and in LBP2 for the Muppets. 

 

Anyone here confirm this?

 

I played the swimming level for 7k points from the Pirates dlc before buying it and did not get the trophy for it while the other player (who owned the dlc and hosted) did get the trophy.

On 07/11/2020 at 10:28 PM, RNMKR-KO said:

Is the Pirates DLC delisted from the Korean store now? I remember being able to check their store via browser, but now that PSN got updated to hide PS3 games, I can't check on my own without creating a Korean account which would cost money.

 

It is still on the store, just looked. On the PS3 (on my Korean account) I searched "LittleBigPlanet" and scrolled to the bottom (over 1200 add ons.....), then scrolled up and it was a fair few dozen up.

 

Make sure you're getting the right one of you buy it. The level pack does NOT include the film characters.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So...is this content on Korean store only accessible from a Korean account?

 

It seems like creating a Korean account is one of the hardest ones to do without buying a psn? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GunfighterHefty said:

So...is this content on Korean store only accessible from a Korean account?

 

It seems like creating a Korean account is one of the hardest ones to do without buying a psn? 

 

I bought an account.

 

I checked a lot of the Asia stores and the issue was while the dlc may be there the game itself wasn't (listed as Disc Only) on the store and I couldn't get a physical copy from that region (DLCs are region locked in this instance). JP seemed like an easy win but it's one of the country's where the servers were shut down.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LEGOmii said:

Note that the Muppets dlc on LBP2 is exactly the same; you can buy an Asian digital version and the dlc and it works. I went with Singapore on this one as it is much easier to get credit. Again check my trophies, you'll see I've earned some of them recently.

 

You don't need to do anything so complicated for the muppets DLC as the extras edition still comes with it. Its still there on the UK store 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The dlc works with the region 1 game, because I also took the dlcs from assassin's creed Brotherhood and Revelations in hong kong 
since they are free and it worked, and the dlc from pirates of the caribbean I found in hong kong too it works?

PS. I didn't find the pirates of the caribbean dlc in pns of korea

Edited by Coolerninja
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still curious if its possible to get the dlc for this since its been removed a few years ago. Doesn't look like there are legit ways to get this.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/11/2020 at 7:22 AM, nooitzben said:

I'm still curious if its possible to get the dlc for this since its been removed a few years ago. Doesn't look like there are legit ways to get this.

I seen a guy on reddit say that you can get the PotC level trophies if you play with someone who owns the DLC already. Is this not true or do all of us here just not have the DLC so we can't help each other out? Just finding out about this now btw.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The DLC is still on the Korean store. I checked.

 

You don't have to get a Korean account, however it is from what I could find the only Asian store with the core game available and the DLC. If you can get a copy from another Asian region that has the DLC and the servers are up (which rules out Japan) then that will work too. But I couldn't find any other physical copies than Japan available to the UK.

 

Before getting the Korean version and the trophies I played on the UK version with someone in US and where he got trophies I didn't.

 

TL;DR Asia has the DLC but you also need a copy of the game from that region. Korea has both on their store so is an option that works; it's how I did it. Playing with someone with the DLC does not work, you must own it too.

 

Hope that helps.

 

 

 

 

 

 

On 13/11/2020 at 6:20 PM, Cleggworth said:
On 13/11/2020 at 6:20 PM, Cleggworth said:

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.