Get the Pirates DLC in August 2020

LEGOmii

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/12/2020 at 10:20 AM, LEGOmii said:

The DLC is still on the Korean store. I checked.

You don't have to get a Korean account, however it is from what I could find the only Asian store with the core game available and the DLC. If you can get a copy from another Asian region that has the DLC and the servers are up (which rules out Japan) then that will work too. But I couldn't find any other physical copies than Japan available to the UK.

Before getting the Korean version and the trophies I played on the UK version with someone in US and where he got trophies I didn't.

TL;DR Asia has the DLC but you also need a copy of the game from that region. Korea has both on their store so is an option that works; it's how I did it. Playing with someone with the DLC does not work, you must own it too.

Hope that helps.

How do you get it without a Korean account? 

This is their online store: https://store.playstation.com/ko-kr, everything is PS4 as per Sony's moronic update back in October. The PS3 store can only be accessed on a console but wouldn't that require a Korean account? I've never purchased a different region account so not sure how it works.

EDIT - So turns out their PS3 store is actually still up and I can see the pack available for KRW 8,100 (About £5.50). Problem is you can't buy it without signing in. If you sign in with your standard account it'll throw up a page error that says "Your account information doesn't match the locale in the URL". The LBP game also only shows as Free Trial on the store too. Is the disc region locked? So confusing!

Edited by BluesFanUK

24 minutes ago, BluesFanUK said:

This is their online store: https://store.playstation.com/ko-kr, everything is PS4 as per Sony's moronic update back in October. The PS3 store can only be accessed on a console but wouldn't that require a Korean account? I've never purchased a different region account so not sure how it works.

EDIT - So turns out their PS3 store is actually still up and I can see the pack available for HK$46 (About £5). Problem is you can't buy it without signing in. If you sign in with your standard account it'll throw up a page error that says "Your account information doesn't match the locale in the URL". The LBP game also only shows as Free Trial on the store too. Is the disc region locked? So confusing!

PS3 games aren't region locked but the DLCs are, therefore you have to get both the game and DLC from the same country if you want them to work together.

40 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

PS3 games aren't region locked but the DLCs are, therefore you have to get both the game and DLC from the same country if you want them to work together.

Ta, also just realised I was on the Hong Kong store, amended that to the Korea one now.

Question remains mind - is it possible to obtain it without a Korea account? Reading further up it seems like you need personal identification to create one.

10 hours ago, BluesFanUK said:

Ta, also just realised I was on the Hong Kong store, amended that to the Korea one now.

Question remains mind - is it possible to obtain it without a Korea account? Reading further up it seems like you need personal identification to create one.

If you want a Korean account, you only have 3 options:

1: Move to Korea and become a Korean citizen

2: Have a Korean friend create an account for you, using their details.

3: Buy a Korean Account via legally dubious means.

TL:DR version: If you don't have the legal means of creating an account, you are 100% screwed for getting this DLC.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Just now, HuntingFever said:

If you want a Korean account, you only have 3 options:

1: Move to Korea and become a Korean citizen

2: Have Korean friend create an account for you, using their details.

3: Buy a Korean Account via legally dubious means.

TL:DR version: If you don't have legal means of creating an account, you are 100% screwed for getting this DLC.

Thought so. Can get it on the Hong Kong store with a HK account, which means needing to import a physical copy of the game. Probably not worth it.

I know companies could care less about trophy hunters, but this kind of thing gets on my nerves. DLC being delisted or servers going down for online content - there's potential for it, so don't add it into the games.

Near 15 years later and people are still playing the PS3 - for many they are put off by this sort of idiocy on the publishers behalf. They're the ones who lose out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/12/2020 at 9:52 PM, BluesFanUK said:

Apologies, I meant it as you could find another solution if you don't want to get an account that requires some hoop jumps, not that it was possible without it.

• 2 weeks later...

I created a Singapore account (takes like 5 minutes). Went into the PS3 store to see if the PoTC DLC was there along with the Muppets and it was downloaded the DLC by purchasing a Singapore PSN Card. (You can Google PSN Singapore cost like $17 for 20 SG). Went into game and was able to play DLC. I hope this helps anyone with any issues with the DLC. 

On 1/5/2021 at 7:53 PM, x_ODD-SACK_x said:

I created a Singapore account (takes like 5 minutes). Went into the PS3 store to see if the PoTC DLC was there along with the Muppets and it was downloaded the DLC by purchasing a Singapore PSN Card. (You can Google PSN Singapore cost like $17 for 20 SG). Went into game and was able to play DLC. I hope this helps anyone with any issues with the DLC. 

That didn't work for me.  I purchased the DLC, but my US (Canada) digital version of LBP didn't register it.

The claims earlier in this thread that the DLC only works with a game from the same region appear to be correct.  Also, the English/Chinese/Korean version is listed on the Singapore PSN page as "Disc only", so it can't be downloaded.

On 06/01/2021 at 1:53 AM, x_ODD-SACK_x said:

I tried this with a character unlock rather than the level dlc, using the UK disc version of the game. The character was not playable for me so I didn't try the level pack (to save cash ?).

I did however find the Singapore character playable on the Korean version of the game, so some regions are definitely wider than their own country.

• 2 weeks later...

is there any news of the pirates download cards anywhere available still? also do those cards ever expire because i wouldnt want to find one and buy it just to realize it has a experation date on it 

also i just browsed the korea store and if im reading this jibberish right

the base game is 34,200 = $31 american dollars
the pirate dlc is 8,100 = $8 american dollars

so youll be roughly paying $40 to rebuy everything in korea.

i didnt sign up for a account though, i only entered the ps store. so i cant vouch if signing up for a korean account in usa works. im not going to bother trying because im not going to pay $40 for a game that i already own 3 american copies of lol

Edited by melodicmizery

On 7.01.2021 at 2:44 PM, vonSchenkopp said:

That didn't work for me.  I purchased the DLC, but my US (Canada) digital version of LBP didn't register it.

The claims earlier in this thread that the DLC only works with a game from the same region appear to be correct.  Also, the English/Chinese/Korean version is listed on the Singapore PSN page as "Disc only", so it can't be downloaded.

It is. I bought the DLC as a code from G2A i think for the US version, had to borrow US disc version from my friend in order to play it.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm very late to the party. I'd really like to get 100% but I don't have the pirates of the caribbean dlc. Is there any new news?
I read on reddit that it is possible to get the trophies by joining someone who had the dlc and who disconnected so that you were the host but nothing is clear
someone tried?

12 minutes ago, Pato_friki said:

I'm very late to the party. I'd really like to get 100% but I don't have the pirates of the caribbean dlc. Is there any new news?
I read on reddit that it is possible to get the trophies by joining someone who had the dlc and who disconnected so that you were the host but nothing is clear
someone tried?

It would be nice if it's true but if it was, someone would have posted about it ages ago - therefore the odds are it doesn't work.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pato_friki said:

someone tried?

im pretty sure you cant get the trophies just by joining someone who has the dlc if you dont have the dlc. youll just have to cough up the money to buy the dlc and game in the last region or 2 that still sells it in the ps store. i think it was maybe singapore and hong kong, scour the other threads they say the region i cant remember. i think youll also need a credit card for that region to buy it as well. whatever the old solutions were on the other threads are still the same. except you pretty much cant find the download cards anywhere now i looked and dont see any available anywhere. so youll have to dish out roughly $40 (american, you can convert that to whatever your area is) to buy the game and dlc in the only region that supports it. also i think japan servers are offline so i dont think thatll work. my brain is rusty right now youll have to double check what i said. id say money is the biggest issue here, if your willing to blow that much money on being a completionist and can afford to, then it can be done. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

Estoy bastante seguro de que no puedes conseguir los trofeos simplemente uniéndote a alguien que tenga el dlc si no tienes el dlc. solo tendrás que desembolsar el dinero para comprar el dlc y el juego en la última región o 2 que todavía lo venden en la tienda ps. Creo que fue quizás Singapur y Hong Kong, revise los otros hilos que dicen que la región que no recuerdo. Creo que también necesitará una tarjeta de crédito para esa región para comprarlo. cualesquiera que sean las soluciones anteriores en los otros hilos, siguen siendo las mismas. excepto que prácticamente no puedo encontrar las tarjetas de descarga en ningún lado, ahora miré y no veo ninguna disponible en ningún lado. así que tendrás que desembolsar aproximadamente $ 40 (americano, puedes convertir eso a cualquier área que sea) para comprar el juego y dlc en la única región que lo admite. También creo que los servidores de Japón están desconectados, así que no creo que funcione. Mi cerebro está oxidado en este momento, tendrás que verificar lo que dije. Yo diría que el dinero es el mayor problema aquí, si está dispuesto a gastar tanto dinero en ser un completista y puede permitírselo, entonces puede hacerlo. 

It is no longer available in G2A, gamestop etc.

The work that supposes weighs more on me than the money itself

• Like 2

2 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

im pretty sure you cant get the trophies just by joining someone who has the dlc if you dont have the dlc. youll just have to cough up the money to buy the dlc and game in the last region or 2 that still sells it in the ps store. i think it was maybe singapore and hong kong, scour the other threads they say the region i cant remember. i think youll also need a credit card for that region to buy it as well. whatever the old solutions were on the other threads are still the same. except you pretty much cant find the download cards anywhere now i looked and dont see any available anywhere. so youll have to dish out roughly $40 (american, you can convert that to whatever your area is) to buy the game and dlc in the only region that supports it. also i think japan servers are offline so i dont think thatll work. my brain is rusty right now youll have to double check what i said. id say money is the biggest issue here, if your willing to blow that much money on being a completionist and can afford to, then it can be done. 

South Korea is currently the only place you can still get this DLC but getting a South Korean PSN account ls extremely difficult due to needing a South Korean Citizen's Card to set it up and you can only get one of those by living in the country. There are other methods of getting a South Korean PSN Account but they're shady and legally dubious so look into them at your own risk.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, robwotnot said:

I am also extraordinarily late to this topic. Does anyone know a good place to buy a cheap physical copy of LBP1 (from Asia, of course)?

Ebay and Play-Asia.com are your only real options but due to the age of the game and difficulty in finding an Asian copy, it won't be easy or cheap to get one :(.

• 3 weeks later...