Get the Pirates DLC in August 2020

LEGOmii

1 hour ago, Egginrules said:

I think I read somewhere that the extras edition codes fully expired in October 2020

52 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

It’s mentioned in this post over on the LBP2 page...

As with all of Playstation support interactions, just because one person tells you something doesn’t mean it’s true. Especially because that response was from email support, which tends to be the worst level of support. I highly suggest Chat support when it’s an option and phone support over email support. 

On 2021/3/4 at 10:59 PM, Jetfire_007 said:

is it possible to get any of the dlc without going aruond and making a new account on the korean severs?

Well, if you can get a Hong Kong or Taiwan copy, then you can buy the DLC on these two server. HK and TW account are more easier to create than Korean.

On Asia region, all LBP series DLC still getable and the disc also not rare.(selected one is Pirates DLC)EUKfDJv.jpg

There still have brand new one to buy, I just bought those recently.
vbkk6HT.jpg

But unfortunately, HK and TW don't have international online shop like Amazon or eBay. So it's not easy to get it on other country. You need to find a purchasing agent to help you buy the disc. Or...try hard to find it on eBay, maybe you can find out if you really really lucky.

This is the most possible way to get it I think.

• Like 1

On 14/4/2021 at 3:43 AM, laes9210 said:

Well, if you can get a Hong Kong or Taiwan copy, then you can buy the DLC on these two server. HK and TW account are more easier to create than Korean.

On Asia region, all LBP series DLC still getable and the disc also not rare.(selected one is Pirates DLC)EUKfDJv.jpg

There still have brand new one to buy, I just bought those recently.
vbkk6HT.jpg

But unfortunately, HK and TW don't have international online shop like Amazon or eBay. So it's not easy to get it on other country. You need to find a purchasing agent to help you buy the disc. Or...try hard to find it on eBay, maybe you can find out if you really really lucky.

This is the most possible way to get it I think.

Good info, but I don't understand why you can't play the DLC with your own copy. By viewing the Hong Kong store in English it says the DLC version is Eng/Chinese/Korean and even when I downloaded DLC for other games from the HK store I was able to play them with my EU copy. It said "english version" on those as well. Is LBP a special case? And is it confirmed to not work on EU/NA copies? 

3 hours ago, Hush_wu said:

Good info, but I don't understand why you can't play the DLC with your own copy. By viewing the Hong Kong store in English it says the DLC version is Eng/Chinese/Korean and even when I downloaded DLC for other games from the HK store I was able to play them with my EU copy. It said "english version" on those as well. Is LBP a special case? And is it confirmed to not work on EU/NA copies? 

99% of DLC is region locked but in an extremely tiny minority of cases, the devs don't include much or any region coding with their DLC for whatever reason so it will work in a wider variety of regions.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Hush_wu said:

For making the disc easier, the company will let several region using the same copy. But not every game situation is the same. So this game Asia and EU using the same copy, doesn't mean others game too. And the intro say it support Eng/Chinese/Korean is mean this copy can display with these language, not means support region.

Edited by laes9210
  • Like 2

On 4/9/2021 at 6:37 AM, greenkaos1226 said:

Reading the description on the site seems it was copied from Best Buy. Likely the site bought codes from them before Sony pulled the plug on selling digital codes a while back for stores. I would buy it to test it. But if my theory is correct, they may only have a code or two at most. I do not want to take one from someone who may need it. I grabbed the dlc years ago. 

On 4/9/2021 at 4:42 AM, Egginrules said:

Does anyone know if this website is legit? Seems a bit strange that they have it in stock

I just tryed to buy it but it wont go through because there are no shipping options? I could try calling the number on that page?

That

1 hour ago, HellfireFury said:

I just tried to buy it but it wont go through because there are no shipping options? I could try calling the number on that page?

That is likely the best case scenario. That they have working codes for a region of the game that you own. Otherwise, the only options are a korean digital game with the dlc from korean account. OR a PHYSICAL asia copy of the game and the dlc from ANY of the Asia region stores (I recommend indonesia as their prices are cheaper and the store is in english). Both of these routes are equally difficult though. The physical copies of this game for region 3 are extremely rare. Play asia sold out ages ago, ebay has maybe 1 listing a year, I even checked sites like Jauce.com. I suggest setting up some saved searches on ebay to send alerts when a matching copy pops up, and snag it. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/25/2021 at 2:57 PM, BGriff1986 said:

As in the base game? Don’t think LBP (or LBP2) ever had a digital release as they weren’t that common back then

Got it, thanks. One more thing: LBP2 supports Pirates DLC as well, is it possible to get the dlc achievements by playing it in LBP2, not LBP?

3 minutes ago, N1cktim said:

Got it, thanks. One more thing: LBP2 supports Pirates DLC as well, is it possible to get the dlc achievements by playing it in LBP2, not LBP?

Nice idea but no. The DLC may be the same but the LBP 2 version has no interaction with the original list so can't be used to earn any of the respective trophies.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello,

So it seems if you buy the digital version and DLC on the Korean store, you can also get the trophies?

My main doubt is... it won't appear as a separate game, right? I mean, I won't see any LittleBigPlanet NA (or whatever region it's) added to my list, right?

Thanks for it!

16 minutes ago, zgz93 said:

Hello,

So it seems if you buy the digital version and DLC on the Korean store, you can also get the trophies?

My main doubt is... it won't appear as a separate game, right? I mean, I won't see any LittleBigPlanet NA (or whatever region it's) added to my list, right?

Thanks for it!

LBP 1 only has the one list, regardless of where or how you buy it.

36 minutes ago, zgz93 said:

Hello,

Thanks for it!

Side note, servers are offline so you can't finish the dlc trophies 

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey guys

So I managed to get an Asian physical copy (BCAS 20058) of the game, and wanted to download the Pirates DLC from an Asian store.

Through googling, I found the DLC on the Singapore PS Store, so it seems that it's still available there. The BCAS code of my game is in the url, so I it should work. If I change the language/country codes in the url to en-hk or ko-kr, I get the Hong Kong and Korean PS Stores respectively, saying it's available there also. It's probably available on more Asian PS Stores too.

Now, the reason I posted here;

Which Asian store would be the best one to use in regards to making an account + buying PSN credit? And which website is best for buying PSN credit? If for example I end up using Hong Kong, the PSN credit also has to be Hong Kong, right? I know the Japanese one won't work as it's a different region. And the Singapore and Korean ones will be out of the question as it requires citizenship, I think(?) Can anyone guide me in the right direction?

Thanks!

EDIT:

Realized the DLC I found on the web stores was just a PotC sticker, music etc. kit, and not the level kit. It also states PS4 as the platform, even though the url says PS3. I guess it's on there because the kit is compatible with LBP on PS4. I also just learned that the PS3 store is only accessible from the console 😄 I will not give up though! I'll probably make a Hong Kong account and check. I will keep you updated!

Edited by emilroh

Guys

It worked!

Ignore what I wrote above about the sticker, music etc. kit. It turned out that this DLC actually contained the levels, even though the description never mentioned it explicitly.

So for anyone wondering: asian physical base game (BCAS 20058) + Hong Kong DLC = success

The DLC is called Pirates of the Caribbean Kit in PS Store 😊

Tested it, and got my first trophy now!

On 9/27/2023 at 3:12 PM, emilroh said:

Guys

It worked!

Ignore what I wrote above about the sticker, music etc. kit. It turned out that this DLC actually contained the levels, even though the description never mentioned it explicitly.

So for anyone wondering: asian physical base game (BCAS 20058) + Hong Kong DLC = success

The DLC is called Pirates of the Caribbean Kit in PS Store 😊

Tested it, and got my first trophy now!

Thank you for posting 😁

Can I ask where you found the Asian physical base game (BCAS 20058)? I’m struggling to find it anywhere.