Trophies Thoughts

FilooGaroo

Yes, looks much easier/quicker.  There is going to be an NBA 2K Platinum with a rarity over 1%.   

Even the MyCareer trophies have been lessened.  No quadruple double, no 15 three-pointers, etc.

Interestingly, they changed the name of the platinum from Kit and Kaboodle to Ultimate Collector (even though no GOAT collector trophy is part of it).

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, JEDI_BROTHERS said:

Yeah this looks very easy. I plan on getting this platinum, hardest trophy will be the domination and the geologist which neither are hard just a little grindy

Yes, and MyCareer level 90 is back and a bit of a grind as well.  All doable though.

Geologist will be easy/cheap for those who don’t mind waiting to when GO cards plummet in price (like in Spring/Summer 2021).

• Like 1

It's look quicker than 2k20, but that 594 stars domination tho, lol.

Oh well, lets do this again ?

2 minutes ago, pecior7 said:

I've never played NBA. Collecting 594 stars - easy or tough?

As long there is a quick thru sts, it's look doable, lol ?

Have a good players help too

Domination is not hard. It just takes a while to play them all. Beat them all 100% in previous years. Thank god there is no collector trophy anymore for the countries where the auction house is banned thanks to the lootbox law ?? I know there is a way around with a VPN but who wants to play with a laptop connected to the PS4 all the time lol

Edited by LucienNL
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, pecior7 said:

I've never played NBA. Collecting 594 stars - easy or tough?

Really long this time.  I think trophies for Domination before were like 300 stars and kind of long, and this is double that.

Maybe they are adding some really tough challenges at the end.  Having a really good squad will help and you can cheese it some but it will be A LOT of games.

30 minutes ago, Jasko_SOA said:

Despite looking easy you mustn’t forget that this game is from 2K , so if there is a glitched trophy, they might never fix it cause they do not give a damn.

This ^ it took me 5 years to platinum nba 2k14 because of a stupid (not even rare) trophy that glitched out on me several times. It was soul destroying. I’ve not played an nba game since, but I’m tempted by this one. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

Over half the trophies are from MyCareer alone. No collections, online team games, no nothing. This is a easy plat and to be quite honest, the 1st easy NBA 2k plat I’ve ever seen. If it goes on sale for $2 then I may pick it up. Ain’t touching 2k20 at all. 

Depends on what type of grind you like more.  I enjoyed working the Auction House (and building up my team) so 2K20 was a good trophy list.  This one will get quite repetitive with all the single player games needed in Domination on top of My Career Level 90.

Any ideas on how the PS5 trophy list will work?  I assume it will be a separate trophy list?  I know MyTeam progress will carry over. You can play either version and it will keep your progress forward.

MyCareer progress will not carry over (said to be new features for PS5) so you’d have to do that all over again if you want both plats.

3 minutes ago, grimydawg___ said:

You guys focus on the wrong thing, as usual ?‍♂️

Well, the grind is usually the main battle with these NBA 2K plats.  Or having something like Dodgeball/Trivia being removed early.

Why not just share your thoughts on what we should be focusing on?  Winning a season championship ring?

Looks like a walk in a park compared to 2K20. Only grinding thing will be Domination, cause it look like there will be 198 games to play instead of 99. Anyway it will be easy with endgame cards even without special playbooks.

34 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Any ideas on how the PS5 trophy list will work?  I assume it will be a separate trophy list?  I know MyTeam progress will carry over. You can play either version and it will keep your progress forward.

99% that there will be no separate list. Why? Because MyTeam progress is gonna carry over and it will block trophies from other version. Glitched trophy is one thing and blocked out is the other.

I'm curious of that Season mode in MyTeam (Bling Bling! trophy). Hope it's not online, cause I'm from Europe and don't enjoy 1-2 sec lag on every online match.

Edited by SaviorKIA

3 minutes ago, SaviorKIA said:

Looks like a walk in a park compared to 2K20. Only grinding thing will be Domination, cause it look like there will be 198 games to play instead of 99. Anyway it will be easy with endgame cards even without special playbooks.

99% that there will be no separate list. Why? Because MyTeam progress is gonna carry over and it will block trophies from other version. Glitched trophy is one thing and blocked out is the other.

I'm curious of that Season mode in MyTeam (Bling Bling! trophy). Wish it's not online, cause I'm from Europe and don't enjoy 1-2 sec lag on every online match.

Interesting about the combined/separate trophy list.  Seems like they could auto pop ones you already earned but it is going to be a mess either way.  Those who move to PS5 definitely are not going to want to play 198 domination games on PS4.  

For Bling Bling, you do have to win online games for prizes but it does not sound like you actually have to win the championship.  You can swap prizes and at some point will get lucky and swap it for the ring.

https://nba.2k.com/courtside-report/nba-2k21-myteam-courtside-report/

8 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Interesting about the combined/separate trophy list.  Seems like they could auto pop ones you already earned but it is going to be a mess either way.  Those who move to PS5 definitely are not going to want to play 198 domination games on PS4.  

For Bling Bling, you do have to win online games for prizes but it does not sound like you actually have to win the championship.  You can swap prizes and at some point will get lucky and swap it for the ring.

https://nba.2k.com/courtside-report/nba-2k21-myteam-courtside-report/

If it doesn't require you to win like 20 games in a row and you can get it other way it's good. As I told, online in EU is terrible, so no chance at all to win 20 games.

Edited by SaviorKIA

Is this by far, the easiest NBA game in 2K history? Glad to don't see "Collect X million cards" anymore. The "hardest" trophies apparently will be 594 stars (long one) and 5 unlimited wins (in a row I guess). Waiting for some good deal in $5/5€ or if they'll give with PS+/PSNow again ?