Trophies Thoughts

FilooGaroo

7 minutes ago, TVDex252 said:

My only concern is winning one of those rings. I like 2k20 simply because I didn't have to play online. I suck at the game compared to most people, I enjoy playing at my own pace. If you need to win one of these Limited tournaments for a ring, I might pass...

True. But as mentioned before you should be able to drop it without winning all games. Still it will depend on luck. I was waiting for trophy list (collector trophy) with decision if I buy this game on release or wait until next-gen comes. Probably gonna wait now. I still got some games to play and I prefer Tony Hawk over NBA on this Friday.

5 minutes ago, MadEdders95 said:

If this is a reasonable plat then I am tempted to buy it. Been wanting to plat a basketball game for years.

The only unknown is that Bling Bling! trophy. The rest looks easy enough. Maybe for domination you will need to wait until higher rated cards become common or use playbook exploit if available. Also it probably will be 198 games to play (99 were 297 stars in 2k20), so a little bit grind.

• Like 1

This is actually a really solid list for a 2k game. 

The only one i think might be a bit difficult is the season ring (depending on how they are awarded) and also the 5 wins or more in Limited but the others are all doable with time. I wonder if Limited can be boosted with someone if you time it right and match your teams right? 

Seasons info

"Some Seasons will add new content for you to play (think something like Spotlight Sims), while other Seasons may add new features to the game, or add a reward twist that you will be chasing all Season. The main point is, I really want each passing Season to feel fresh. I want the start of a new Season to create a buzz in the MyTEAM community that we can all rally behind and be excited about.

During the Season, you will be working to complete Daily, Weekly, and Seasonal-based Agendas. As objectives are completed, you will earn XP that will be used to raise your Season Level. Every time you level up, you will earn a reward. Reaching the final level within a Season earns you the grand prize for the Season. It’s going to take a lot of playing to get there, but we are always going to make the reward completely worth it. In fact, let’s talk about the Season 1 prize for reaching the highest level: Pink Diamond Steph Curry! A PD Steph Curry is going to be a beast to go against in the early game. All you’ve got to do is play to earn it. Interested yet?"

Limited info

"MyTEAM Limited is a brand new MyTEAM game mode for NBA 2K21. This new mode is only available for play Friday, Saturday, and Sunday each week. The twist here is that the rules for the mode will be changing every single weekend when a new event is activated!

MyTEAM Limited is an online 5v5 multiplayer mode where you will compete against fellow MyTEAM players who, like you, are chasing Championship Rings"

That's pretty much a deal breaker for me. Lag in Aus trying to play 2K online is unbearable and incredibly frustrating. You need to win at least 5 games online but no telling just how many exactly in order to get a ring. You may get lucky and get one after 5 wins, who knows.

25 minutes ago, JimFromAcounting said:

This is actually a really solid list for a 2k game. 

The only one i think might be a bit difficult is the season ring (depending on how they are awarded) and also the 5 wins or more in Limited but the others are all doable with time. I wonder if Limited can be boosted with someone if you time it right and match your teams right? 

Limitless says just win 5 games, nothing about consecutively so have to assume it is in total, so that would not be an issue.  

Yes, Bling Bling could be a challenge but we don’t know the requirements.  There could be rings for single player seasons even,  And yes, they described being able to exchange prizes for mystery items that could even be rings.  Might be rare on the exchange though, who knows.

The grind is still real though, those domination games are long.  And now 200 of them.  That will be time consuming as will getting to level 90 in My Career (removed in 2K20).  The last 2 trophies I need for 2K19 are getting to level 91.  It is so many games!

Often it is not the multiplayer trophies but the overly grindy ones that end up preventing people from platinum.  See GOAT collector trophies.

1 minute ago, djb5f said:

Limitless says just win 5 games, nothing about consecutively so have to assume it is in total, so that would not be an issue.  

Yes, Bling Bling could be a challenge but we don’t know the requirements.  There could be rings for single player seasons even,  And yes, they described being able to exchange prizes for mystery items that could even be rings.  Might be rare on the exchange though, who knows.

The grind is still real though, those domination games are long.  And now 200 of them.  That will be time consuming as will getting to level 90 in My Career (removed in 2K20).  The last 2 trophies I need for 2K19 are getting to level 91.  It is so many games!

Often it is not the multiplayer trophies but the overly grindy ones that end up preventing people from platinum.  See GOAT collector trophies.

In the past 2k games, you could get at worst 60k xp per game.  That's not several games at all....

1 minute ago, grimydawg___ said:

In the past 2k games, you could get at worst 60k xp per game.  That's not several games at all....

You are talking about 12 minute quarters with an already built up star player I assume.  It is a lot of MyCareer games even on long quarters.  The progress bar hardly moves in 2K19 even with huge (very long) XP games.

So i just did some googling. It looks like Championship Rings are a random reward for winning Limited Games

This is copy / pasted from the blog on the 2k site - So it might take less or more than 5 Wins (the other trophy) to get one of these rings. Thankfully its not crazy requirements like 12-0. 

"Every weekend, there is a new Championship Ring up for grabs. When you win a MyTEAM Limited game, you will be rewarded with a prize. You’ll be able to view that prize, but you have an important decision to make with it. Do you want to keep the prize we gave you, or do you want to trade it in for your choice of one of two other mystery prizes? The mystery prizes may be better or worse than what we offered you (they may also contain the week’s Championship Ring). We are going to throw some creative prizes your way to make these decisions tough for you!"

Edited by JimFromAcounting

5 minutes ago, JimFromAcounting said:

So i just did some googling. It looks like Championship Rings are a random reward for winning Limited Games

This is copy / pasted from the blog on the 2k site - So it might take less or more than 5 Wins (the other trophy) to get one of these rings. Thankfully its not crazy requirements like 12-0. 

"Every weekend, there is a new Championship Ring up for grabs. When you win a MyTEAM Limited game, you will be rewarded with a prize. You’ll be able to view that prize, but you have an important decision to make with it. Do you want to keep the prize we gave you, or do you want to trade it in for your choice of one of two other mystery prizes? The mystery prizes may be better or worse than what we offered you (they may also contain the week’s Championship Ring). We are going to throw some creative prizes your way to make these decisions tough for you!"

Right, for additional detail, here is the link I posted on the first page that a few of us have been discussing.

https://nba.2k.com/courtside-report/nba-2k21-myteam-courtside-report/

22 hours ago, Alayaes said:

Is there a trophy for boycotting the NBA games for roughly 24 hours?

Only if you are lucky enough to be born black. If not just pre-order the Mamba Prestige edition 10 times to prove you are not a "privileged White oppressor" ...... That's the NBA nowadays....

Domination is gonna be really long. 198 games to play, you need better and better cards, plus Contracts cards cause they expire so quickly. This game has a worse drop rate than FIFA UT by the way.

3 hours ago, VakaVG said:

Just a reminder that if you don’t want to spend 60$ on a sports game this game will be 30$ in December on Christmas Sale like every year.

True, but also true of pretty much an AAA game.  Wait a few months and get half price.

Won’t bother with this. 2K Sports loves their microtransactions/lootboxes on top of other shitty practices they do. Good reason why I really don’t bother with modern sports titles anymore outside of MLB, which San Diego Studios has done a somewhat decent job in keeping the series a bit fresh over the years. 

Still waiting for MLB 20 the Show to drop in price. So wait a number of months, NBA 2K21 will decrease in pricing. 

The people who buy these sports games on release day like 2K are either big fans or have a lot of disposable income. 

I had a bad feeling that this was going to happen as soon as I heard that MyTeam was carrying over to next gen.  Current gen platinum focusing on MyCareer VC spending and then next gen platinum focusing on MyTeam VC spending (3000 card-GOAT Collector trophy surprise).  Playing devil's advocate, if I were looking to maximize the potential of selling VC before-and-after the next gen release and selling Mamba Editions of the game, that's what I would make trophy hunters do.  Make them spend VC on current gen MyCareer for the plat and then months later, spend VC on packs on next gen to collect the plat.

Edited by slimydog

Is the hidden trophy collecting 5000 cards?  I noticed that one of the lifetime agendas is called Planetarium where the final checkbox in the list is the 594 stars in domination (I’m A Star trophy).  So, would the hidden trophy be related to the lifetime agenda named 'MyTeam Fanatic' - with the final checkbox in that list requiring 4000 cards?  Oh shizz, I hope not..