Trophies Thoughts

FilooGaroo

5 hours ago, slimydog said:

I had a bad feeling that this was going to happen as soon as I heard that MyTeam was carrying over to next gen.  Current gen platinum focusing on MyCareer VC spending and then next gen platinum focusing on MyTeam VC spending (3000 card-GOAT Collector trophy surprise).  Playing devil's advocate, if I were looking to maximize the potential of selling VC before-and-after the next gen release and selling Mamba Editions of the game, that's what I would make trophy hunters do.  Make them spend VC on current gen MyCareer for the plat and then months later, spend VC on packs on next gen to collect the plat.

Exactly. This is the kind of bullshit that I can’t accept in gaming. 

2K is just milking their fanbase for the money they have. We already got enough crap going on in the real world. Pandemics, police brutalities, corrupt governments with a bunch of monkeys, etc etc. 

Rather sad to see the direction they’re taking.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Exactly. This is the kind of bullshit that I can’t accept in gaming. 

2K is just milking their fanbase for the money they have. We already got enough crap going on in the real world. Pandemics, police brutalities, corrupt governments with a bunch of monkeys, etc etc. 

Rather sad to see the direction they’re taking.

You could just choose to not spend money on any of the DLC/Microtransactions. I got NBA2k20 for free with PS Plus and got the platinum without spending a dime on VC.

• Like 1

Just now, TVDex252 said:

You could just choose to not spend money on any of the DLC/Microtransactions. I got NBA2k20 for free with PS Plus and got the platinum without spending a dime on VC.

Yes, but there are many people who do spend their money on things like VC. 

This kind of thing is why I will never touch mobile gaming. 

1 hour ago, TVDex252 said:

God damn, the shot meter in this game is very very not good. Either Im terrible at it or there is something functionally wrong with it.

There was a lot of backlash to it in the demo.  If you use the right stick to shoot, it will definitely take some getting used to (assuming they don’t revert back to the old way).

For button shooters, I did not notice a difference except that the graphic is harder to see.

Have anyone figured out a play like quick through sts in 2k21? Playing againts HoF level CPU with this shitty shot meter really drive me crazy.

Cant hit any med range, run rim only work until allstar difficulty for me. Tried use that Pistons playbook, its only work about 60% now.

Edited by xwolf8503

I think "I'm A Star" may prove to be a show-stopper for some. It is going to take quite some time. Also, to earn 3-stars you have to beat the CPU on HOF difficulty. Correct me if I'm wrong but last year wasn't it just All-Star difficulty? Some of the later games are no doubt going to be a right pain in the ass.

Also looks like some potential time-based trophies relate to Season. Obviously won't affect anyone right now but I have a feeling that will disappear toward the end of the NBA season. 

Edited by Cyvnyde

1 hour ago, Cyvnyde said:

I think "I'm A Star" may prove to be a show-stopper for some. It is going to take quite some time. Also, to earn 3-stars you have to beat the CPU on HOF difficulty. Correct me if I'm wrong but last year wasn't it just All-Star difficulty? Some of the later games are no doubt going to be a right pain in the ass.

Also looks like some potential time-base trophies relate to Season. Obviously won't affect anyone right now but I have a feeling that will disappear toward the end of the NBA season. 

Domination on 2K20:

Curent: rookie, pro, all star

Historic: pro, allstar, superstar

Alltime: pro, allstar, superstar

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get the Bling Bling trophy over the weekend. I grinded out the Limited mode last weekend and failed to get the ring to appear and grinded pretty hard Friday night and failed again. Finally, I decided to see what would happen if I changed my lineup to all bronze/silver players. Managed to get matched up with people who just got the game and had terrible lineups, after styling on them early on, they'd usually quit and I managed to get the ring that way. If you're decent at the game but don't care to play legit online, I suggest doing that next weekend.

On 9/5/2020 at 4:12 AM, xwolf8503 said:

Domination on 2K20:

Curent: rookie, pro, all star

Historic: pro, allstar, superstar

Alltime: pro, allstar, superstar

Is HOF a level higher than superstar?  Surprised they started the easiest board with HOF difficulty when everyone is just starting out with bum teams.  

I agree with Cyvnyde that 597 stars in Domination will be the platinum breaker for most (same as I felt when the list was released) as it will take a 100+ hour grind for this trophy alone and the last boards against all 99 players will be too difficult for most.

I expect this NBA 2K platinum Rarity to be under 0.10% again.

Edited by djb5f

Yeah this year's platinum will be a grind.. 594 stars in domination is going to be interesting though, as there's only 297 available to get right now, so I'm interested in how they're going to implement new lists, should be interesting. Already 2 trophies away from Platinum too, obv Domination stars and I just need a GO player for that other trophy collecting a player of each gem stone

3 hours ago, King Hayes said:

Yeah this year's platinum will be a grind.. 594 stars in domination is going to be interesting though, as there's only 297 available to get right now, so I'm interested in how they're going to implement new lists, should be interesting. Already 2 trophies away from Platinum too, obv Domination stars and I just need a GO player for that other trophy collecting a player of each gem stone

CMIIW, did 2k said they will add another card tier (Dark Matter) this year?

On 14/09/2020 at 6:13 PM, djb5f said:

Is HOF a level higher than superstar?  Surprised they started the easiest board with HOF difficulty when everyone is just starting out with bum teams.  

I agree with Cyvnyde that 597 stars in Domination will be the platinum breaker for most (same as I felt when the list was released) as it will take a 100+ hour grind for this trophy alone and the last boards against all 99 players will be too difficult for most.

I expect this NBA 2K platinum Rarity to be under 0.10% again.

They've lowered the difficulty in Domination now. Current is now All-Star and Historic is Superstar. I don't know about All-Time yet as I haven't gotten that far. They still might make the last 297 stars HOF difficulty, but right now it's a welcomed change.

I didn't even notice at first. I easily won about 5 games and just thought I had become God-like. Sadly not.

EDIT: All-Time is Superstar difficulty.

Edited by Cyvnyde

On 15/9/2020 at 1:41 AM, djb5f said:

It is in the search filter so yeah I am assuming you will need that one too for Geologist.

I've checked the profile of some YouTubers that have already unlocked Galaxy Opals and none of them has the Geologist trophy, so those new Dark Matter cards are required for sure