Completely New to the Series, some question about walkthrough.

Hello,

I am completely new to the series and interest to try this one out.

Is it safe to follow this walkthrough for platinum and not missing any trophy ? and do I miss much of the other thing game has to offer such as, secrets etc.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/6566-英雄伝説-閃の軌跡iii-trails-of-cold-steel-iii-overall-walkthrough

Thank you.

I'm almost done with this game and I followed that guide all the way through with no problems.

I did 2 playthroughs, 1 on easy and the current one on nightmare.

If you're following the 2 playthrough method, there are some trophies that you can miss on your first round because you can "import" your progress into the 2nd playthrough.

I didn't get 1 million Mira until late in the 2nd playthrough and I missed a few enemy profiles on my first but it was not a problem as I only needed to scan those that I missed when I played the 2nd time.

Long story short, just follow every single sentence of the walkthrough and you will be fine.

Enjoy the game, it was fantastic!

Yes. You can use the walkthrough if you play on nightmare difficulty from the start in order to get the platinum in one playthrough and thus enjoy everything the game has to offer. 

Now, if you are completely new to the series, I would personally recommend you NOT to play this game first if you care at all about the story. This game is technically the 8th installment in the Trails series that started back with Trails in the Sky and it assumes you know most of the events that have transpired since then. Not to mention the games are inter-connected to each other and characters from the past games will make an appearance with you not knowing who they are or their significance to the plot. It's like trying to read the third to last Harry Potter book without reading the previous ones first. In short, play either Cold Steel 1 or Trails in the Sky FC first and their respective sequels in order, but that's up to you if you want.

Yes, however just bear in mind that you will need to do two playthroughs to get the platinum in both games since it's not possible to do in one go due to how character bonding events work and certain character profiles which are only available on ng+. So you can play the games blindly on your first playthrough and use the guide on your second run nightmare ng+ if you wish, but once again that's up to you. :)

1 hour ago, FielVeredus said:

Yes. 1 and 2 will require 2 playthroughs for platinum, but 3 can be done with just one.

I'd recommend doing 3 on one playthrought after finishing up 1 and 2. The first chapter or so of 3 is tough, but after that the game gets pretty easy.

Edited by DesmaBR

On 02/09/2020 at 4:26 PM, DesmaBR said:

I'd recommend doing 3 on one playthrought after finishing up 1 and 2. The first chapter or so of 3 is tough, but after that the game gets pretty easy.

I'd just do another playthrough on nightmare for TOCS III. Unlike the first 2 games, you can completely skip all cutscenes making your run heaps faster than fast forwarding them. A nightmare playthrough can be done within a day so long as you're starting NG+.

• Like 1