TERA - World Bosses / BAM mini-guide (2020 Sept)

ryuji_sakujo

I used this map: https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/28224/shara-and-arun-boss-achievement-guide

It was kinda annoying tbh, because some of the bosses are farmed for loot, so the boss was always dead or someone else initiated the fight before me. I recommend that you just clean up low-level bosses first because no one cares about them lol. Just go to the boss location indicated on the map, if he isn't there try changing the game channel(press tringle in the menu I think) and check if he is in some other channel, if he isn't go kill some other boss and come back after a couple of hours. For 68lvl bosses, when you find them quickly attack them so it will count for you and then just spam in the world chat "Help me with X boss in X channel", I'm sure someone will come and he will kill it for you, I mean you can always try to create a session and find high level people to help you but good luck with that haha...You can also check if the killed boss was registered under in-game challenges, his name should be grayed out.

btw I think you can get an item from ps plus for free, that teleports you to every location you want, very useful, I think it's called Village atlus, but I'm not sure tbh lol I just know you get it in one of free ps plus packs

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, timpurnat said:

Thanks ?
I added the link to my post and most of what you wrote was already written down.
If something is missing or needs to be completed in my post just let me know and I'll add it if it fits the post.

• Like 1

Just now, ryuji_sakujo said:

Thanks 1f603.png
I added the link to my post and most of what you wrote was already written down.
If something is missing or needs to be completed in my post just let me know and I'll add it if it fits the post.

Oh haha sorry, I thought you were just looking for tips lol(I posted before you added the guide hehe), Everything looks awesome, wish this thread existed when I was going for a trophy. Thanks and good job!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If you solo the 68 bosses... be prepared to be engaged in an hour long fight. Each.

I highly recommend taking advantage of all the free goodies you get for completing the story and the rewards from the Vanguard. Make sure you Glyph up all your skills, Crystal up all of your gear, including your Accessories. Throw 5k+ gold for some under armor and do not attempt Divine Reaver unless you have 100,000+ HP. A single attack lead into a 25k+ damage combo.

Just from playing the game, you should have a good stock of Potions and Battle Potions.

Fight Nyxarras first, he is one of the easiest to fight and find.
Fight Kanash afterwards. He is a little harder to find, and mechanically, not that bad to fight against. Also has less HP than the other 2 bosses.

For Divine Reaver, be prepared to fight in the worst conditions possible. He has a really short leash, so he will reset and remove debuffs. As long as you don't wander too far away, his HP will remain low. One of the main reasons why I recommend fighting Divine Reaver last isn't necessarily because it's a harder fight or anything, he is still not terrible, but definitely harder than the other 2. He is actually one of the easier ones to find and is pretty much always dead. When you start to hunt him down, I recommend taking a day or so to check for him every 30 minutes or so.

• Like 4

On 9/21/2020 at 9:01 PM, ShianKiri said:

If you solo the 68 bosses... be prepared to be engaged in an hour long fight. Each.

I highly recommend taking advantage of all the free goodies you get for completing the story and the rewards from the Vanguard. Make sure you Glyph up all your skills, Crystal up all of your gear, including your Accessories. Throw 5k+ gold for some under armor and do not attempt Divine Reaver unless you have 100,000+ HP. A single attack lead into a 25k+ damage combo.

Just from playing the game, you should have a good stock of Potions and Battle Potions.

Fight Nyxarras first, he is one of the easiest to fight and find.
Fight Kanash afterwards. He is a little harder to find, and mechanically, not that bad to fight against. Also has less HP than the other 2 bosses.

For Divine Reaver, be prepared to fight in the worst conditions possible. He has a really short leash, so he will reset and remove debuffs. As long as you don't wander too far away, his HP will remain low. One of the main reasons why I recommend fighting Divine Reaver last isn't necessarily because it's a harder fight or anything, he is still not terrible, but definitely harder than the other 2. He is actually one of the easier ones to find and is pretty much always dead. When you start to hunt him down, I recommend taking a day or so to check for him every 30 minutes or so.

No joke I camped out 2 days finally got him... tried to solo couldn’t happen I literally didn’t even see his health go down. I moved away sent out a help message and people came and attacked but his health had fully regenerated and it didn’t even fucking count for me. Ugh! Maybe this is a noob question but like why didn’t it count. No, I wasn’t the first to hit him once everyone was there but I sure as shit was there chipping away. Was that why? Did I have to hit first? If so that suck because I did but the boss ran off and reset his health. 

48 minutes ago, BlueMageBlake said:

No joke I camped out 2 days finally got him... tried to solo couldn’t happen I literally didn’t even see his health go down. I moved away sent out a help message and people came and attacked but his health had fully regenerated and it didn’t even fucking count for me. Ugh! Maybe this is a noob question but like why didn’t it count. No, I wasn’t the first to hit him once everyone was there but I sure as shit was there chipping away. Was that why? Did I have to hit first? If so that suck because I did but the boss ran off and reset his health. 

Only the one or group doing most damage counts.

It doesn't matter who hit first.

2 hours ago, ShadowSigmaX said:

Everyone in the group yes. That’s my issue with these trophies. No one wants to group up when I ask for help they just come and wipe it out and leave.

Well follow up, just fought him again... in a group with two others, and some random came in and stole the kill. Great. Seriously it’s maddening. I don’t even want the damn loot I just want the achievement and it’s like come on man. Crazy 

21 minutes ago, FahrenheitFrenzy said:

Guess I should hurry up with the world bosses then, got all dungeon related trophies and stopped playing because I was too lazy to find a group to go after the bosses... Time to get back to it.

Sounds like you, me and ShadowSigmaX need to team up. Lol 

• Like 2

On 9/21/2020 at 11:01 PM, ShianKiri said:

He must have some reeeally good loot so that people go after him everytime, I mean this dude is literally the only thing standing between me and the platinum and I just can't find him at all.

On 9/23/2020 at 11:36 PM, BlueMageBlake said:

Probably because the aggro and health reset, also like NERVergoproxy mentioned it might be because the MVP damage dealing individual/party got the kill credit.
You should always ask people to join your party when they show up. Hold start/options button and "invite to party".

Personally I just asked politely in global chat for help and got party invites sent my way, I recommend this.
Also had WBs stolen from right under my nose, it happens.

On 9/24/2020 at 7:56 PM, FahrenheitFrenzy said:

If the game allows people from different countries to team up, that'd be great.

It's region locked by: EU, NA and AS.
So you have to be on the same server to team up.
(Note: EU/NA share the same trophy list but the servers are separate.
If you have the application downloaded from another region you can still play in that region, regardless of what PSN region your main account is tied to.)

____________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for the additional tips everyone.
If you're looking to share more tips here feel free to do so.
But organizing sessions and WB hunt parties should be done here: https://psnprofiles.com/sessions
Or through DMs, Discord, PSN Messages, etc.

Also, sorry for being late with updating the guide on the first post.
I currently have a bit too much on my plate but I'll try to finish it soon (tentative). ?

Edited by ryuji_sakujo
  • Like 2

On 9/28/2020 at 2:08 AM, FahrenheitFrenzy said:

He must have some reeeally good loot so that people go after him everytime, I mean this dude is literally the only thing standing between me and the platinum and I just can't find him at all.

His loot isn't really all that much different from the other 3. As I had mentioned, it's not because he is good or anything like that, it's more that he is easy to find. With MVP, you can literally Village Atlas teleport nearby and take like 2-3 minutes to cycle through all 4 channels and his spawn points. The other 3 bosses are a little more time consuming to find.

On 9/23/2020 at 5:36 PM, BlueMageBlake said:

As mentioned, you have to do at least 50.01% damage to him for you to get the credit.

There are Brawlers and Slayers who can solo these bosses and I have seen them kill them in less than 10 minutes

I highly recommend trying to solo the boss. It will take a long ass time, really, it will, but you can do a couple of things to increase your chances:
Make sure you have gotten the Vanguard gifted gear when you have hit 65

Make sure you buy under armor with the right stat increase (for my Ranger, it was Crit Factor)

Make sure you glyph all of your skills. Ones that either increase your Crit Factor, Crit Damage or Damage in general.

Your auto attack should have an unlock that will increase your skill damage after a few hits. Ones that do DoTs such as poison (my Ranger on 5 hits will poison and increase skill damage).

Make sure you also purchase Crystals for your Accessories. I popped Crit Factor and Crit Damage on all of mine.

Make sure you also use moderately good Crystals for your Weapon and Armor. You get these for free as you level. The game literally drops a chest into your inventory.

You should also have a ton of Battle Potions. Use these. It increases your damage.

Enchant your Weapon as high as you can with what ever materials you have.

Almost all of the above is stuff you are given just for leveling up in the game. The only thing you don't get is the under armor and accessory crystals which you have to purchase through the broker.

---

You might be thinking, "ok, why solo?"

Well, for one: If you type into Global Chat this boss is up, there are people who will take advantage of that. The less you alert people to their existence, the better. As I had mentioned, Brawlers and Slayers who are geared off of raid gear and what not can decimate these guys and it's not a problem for them.

As long as you get 50%+ damage done, you can then alert the community he's up.

Edited by ShianKiri
  • Like 2

The 50% damage thing isn't part of the trophy. You NEED to hit first in order for it to count for the in game feat, and in turn to count for the trophy. Doing 50% damage only ensures that you get the loot drops.

I'm sure this is true because 1) I was in a group who did not hit first but did more damage, no trophy but loot drops. And 2) I hit first but barely did any damage by myself, got the trophy but no loot drop.

If you are aren't lucky enough to hit it first there is another way. If the person fighting it is nice enough, if they or you add each other to a group then you both will get credit for the trophy.

5 hours ago, ShianKiri said:

His loot isn't really all that much different from the other 3. As I had mentioned, it's not because he is good or anything like that, it's more that he is easy to find. With MVP, you can literally Village Atlas teleport nearby and take like 2-3 minutes to cycle through all 4 channels and his spawn points. The other 3 bosses are a little more time consuming to find.

I actually had an easier time looking for Nyxarras and Kanash, but I get what you're saying. Thanks for the info, I finally solo'd Reaver with my Archer and got the platinum. For me, he was the hardest mainly because of space restrictions. With Nyxarras, I had a wide hole in Field of Fire, and Kanash was in a quite open space in Bahaar's Maw. But Reaver was in that tight path between Dagon's Tomb and Adderkin Jungle. Just like you told us, some really worse conditions.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2020 at 8:36 PM, FahrenheitFrenzy said:

I actually had an easier time looking for Nyxarras and Kanash, but I get what you're saying. Thanks for the info, I finally solo'd Reaver with my Archer and got the platinum. For me, he was the hardest mainly because of space restrictions. With Nyxarras, I had a wide hole in Field of Fire, and Kanash was in a quite open space in Bahaar's Maw. But Reaver was in that tight path between Dagon's Tomb and Adderkin Jungle. Just like you told us, some really worse conditions.

Same here Nyxarros and Kanash even though it took me a while about and hour forty to beat both of them, it was more me kiting them and just chipping away at health. I was playing as a gunner so i was doing decent damage and was able to heal pretty quickly items an abilities.

Divine Reaver I had to find three times. Once i was fighting him and i pushed it too far from his spawn point and when he ran back to his spawn point his health refreshed and someone else had just join and started killings him really quick giving them the kill and not me, that made me pretty irate as I had gotten him down to about half health and already had been fighting for over an hour by then. The second time for whatever reason my game lagged and I got an blue screen error and had to restart the game, wow i just thought. Third time wasn't really smooth sailing, the game lagged from time to time and i thought it would blue screen error again, got the boss to half way and then a lancer came along and basically did most of the work. i frantically tried to get him to join my team or message him but i didn't want to stray too far for the boss to reset, but every time i would message the guy i would get hit bringing me out of the menus.

So glad i have the plat now, not know what future this game hold. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, VaNiDgE said:

Same here Nyxarros and Kanash even though it took me a while about and hour forty to beat both of them, it was more me kiting them and just chipping away at health. I was playing as a gunner so i was doing decent damage and was able to heal pretty quickly items an abilities.

Good job having the patience, I would never be able to do that lol.
Sucks that you had bad luck, but nice that you ended up earning the trophy.
Well earned plat. ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 1/12/2020 at 8:51 PM, ShadowGreenBeav said:

I'm having trouble finding the Divine Reaver one. I have one arun boss left and the trophy. It passed four hours and it didn't spawn.

Update (12/2/20): Nevermind, I already got all lvl 68 world bosses out of the way. :)

yo did it alone?

Edited by TheAbyssWalker61

• 7 months later...