WORST TROPHIES EVER YOU EARNED

cik93

22L489aed.png

Faithful Heir- FF15 the last dungeon i did to get this trophy was annoying beyond describtion. 

44L1b5df2.png

Together Til The End- what annoyed me about this one is you have to complete the game in duo mode. no biggie but i didn't have a second controller so i had to use the app for it and i didn't have anyone willing to help so i was switching between controller and phone the whole time

• Like 1

28Ld66686.png

No Stopping This Outlaw

Danganronpa V3

Oh boy.  This minigame and me, we do not get along.  I don't play racing games for a reason, I don't enjoy them and I'm not good at them.  So when a murder mystery visual novel makes me play a racing game, and be really, really good at it things do not go well.  I managed to basically memorize the course and still I barely made it through.  There were many nights of just racing the same course over and over hoping for good RNG and absolutely no mistakes.  For a minigame totally unrelated to the game itself it required a crazy high level of skill.

41L3f8c21.png

Fishing Master

Persona 4 Golden

I enjoy fishing minigames.  They're just an expected part of most JRPGs and typically I like them.  And I liked this one.  Until. This. Stupid. Fish.  There were many instances of almost catching it and then I messed up.  By the time I got this trophy I had a pillow on the floor, specifically for me to toss my vita onto after failing to catch this fish.  There was so little room for error that even the slightest mistake meant you wasted a full 'day' in-game with nothing for it.  So I just restarted the day over.

11L980ed1.png 3L427727.png

Don't Piss Off HachimaJin! / Rare Mania

Megatagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies

Normally I really don't mind a grind.  Grinding for levels or skills or money, if the battle system is at least decent then I don't mind just sitting around, watching some tv and grinding.   But for some reason, the drop rates in this game seemed rather...weirdly skewed.  I had to beat the same boss over and over just for items to drop.  And while I enjoyed the battle system in this game, I did not enjoy the bosses.  They seemed like bullet sponges and nothing else.  They weren't hard, just long.  Fighting mobs?  Great.  Fighting bosses?  Eh, I put up with it.  And then I had to grind nothing but bosses waiting for loot to drop.  Ug, awful way to end a rather fun game.

27Le2af05.png

1) Wolfenstein II - Mein Leben

I hate this trophy with passion, and beside the permandeath bs, whatching the sames cutscenes over and over again was one of the worst thing i ever have done in a game. And maybe i just had a bad luck, but my ps4 start to get this message; "PS4 is too hot. Turn off the PS4, and wait until the temperature goes down" and then the console turned off automatically. 

26Ld90a8a.png

2) Overwatch - Simple Geometry

I still can't believe, that i've played above 200H with Hanzo, to finally be lucky enough and get this trophy with low health against players way better than me. By far the worst trophy in the base game, for me. The fun fact is, this trophy was so easy before the rework and nerfs, with the scatter arrow, but than Blizzard changed the ability, and now is storm arrow, witch is way worse, but not only that, they increased the requeriment 2 kills for 3 in a single streak.

43L65bc6c.png

3) Monster Hunter: Iceborne - True Miniature Crown Collector

Maybe my luck was better in the base game, or the crowns apeared often, but i swear hunting all the crown in Iceborne is way worse than the base game, not just because i had to kill more monsters, but the inclusion of Brute Tigrex, Silver Rathalos and Gold Rathian, just turned my generally fun experience in something awful, not to mention the tempered version of these monsters are such a pain in the ass, almost 800H to get everything.

35L693305.png

4) Devil May Cry 5 - Worth of Legend

The main problem about this trophy is get S rank in the harderst difficulty (Hell and Hell), not only i had to pass something that disable the checkpoints, but needed to kill every enemy withouth let they give me single hit. I startet with HAH, and still had to do in the others 5 difficulties in order to get this dumb trophy, at that point i alred was prepared to die of boredom and rage.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wackt1 said:

50L91d7d3.png
Tactical Challenger: Complete all Tactical challenges in VANQUISH

Also, fuck Platinum games for adding in challenge 6. The last round  is a  duel boss fight with destructible cover. It's like almost impossible on console.  

I know it sucked, but you should be proud of yourself. I've always wanted the Vanquish platinum and you went ahead and got it. The worst trophies are the ones that are rng based and when you get them you feel nothing but anger for all the time you wasted. Like the Let's bounce Trophy

Edited by VanDeaM

Anything that requires mindless grinding.

The below are all arbitrary and pointless and provide no in-game reward outside of a trophy.

• Seriously 2.0 (Gears of War 2)
  • Take The Cannoli (Grand Theft Auto: Vice City)
  • Veteran (Mass Effect 3)
  • How The West Was Won (Red Dead Redemption)
  • Wanted (Grand Theft Auto IV)
  • All the dumb shit in NBA 2K14

Also these PITAs:

• Crushing / It! (Uncharted 4)
  • Charted! - Brutal (Uncharted 2 Remastered)
  • Best of the Best (Modern Warfare Remastered)
  • The Student Surpasses The Master (Modern Warfare 2 Remastered)

There's a fine line between challenging and sado-masochistic. 

I'll have to check my Xbox profile for a refresher but the Gears one obviously stuck out for PS3/4. 

Gone Home

4Lffbd97.png

Homerunner
Completed the game in less than 1 minute with no Modifiers enabled. (From New Game in a single session only)

It took me three months it get this one. It just wouldn't unlock for me every time I did the minute run.

Assassin's Creed Unity

27Lc63c6b.png

Curiosity
Open every chest in Paris.

28Le43a02.png

Visited Once
Complete all Co-op and Heist missions in Paris at least once.

These two trophies broke me. I had to take a week off of the game to stay sane. ?

Assassin's Creed Revelations (PS4)

49L9f4d74.png

Impress Warren Vidic
Complete the Animus testing sequence without failing (The Lost Archive).

It took me 6 months to finally get this one. I just couldn't get through the first half of the area without messing up, second half of the mission was easy.

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

47L13706e.png

Committed To The Cause
Reach level 55 in Multiplayer.

I just got sick of seeing this unearned and took three weekends of online to finally wrap this one up. What a grind.

Watch Dogs

32Lac7242.png

Social Lubricant
Complete level 10 against all 3 Drinking Game opponents

I really wanted to drunk after finally getting this one. And this one was 5 months to get.

LEGO Worlds

61Ldff5ab.png

Billionaire!
Collect a billion studs

It took me 2 days and about 12 hours of clicking X to get a billion studs.

Edited by Jamescush147
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, frontzie said:

The entirety of Until Dawn.

What was so bad about it? It's a pretty quick and easy platinum.

Fall Guys - Infallible - Getting five wins in a row legit involves a lot of luck with the team games, the only reason it's above 1% at the moment is the exploit offering players a better chance.

Ratchet & Clank - Death by Disco - So annoying having to use a weapon on every enemy type that just draws out battles and it's very easy to miss one of the many enemies that don't respawn.

Shadow of the Colossus - Intrepid Mortal - You have to kill at least about 80 Colossi and there are only 16 Colossi, so your choices are five playthroughs that will take at least about 2-3 hours each minimum or a few hours repeating the first two Colossi who are quicker and easier to reach than most of the others and can be repeatedly fought faster than playing through the game again.

Edited by AusLeviathan
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Desmuria said:

17Leb1320.png

Heavy Rain

:bronze: Kamikaze
The Bear - Take the best route on the highway

This trophy is very skill-based and requires a fair bit of patience.

I can't tell you how many times I drove down that damn highway, trying to memorise the route.

The controls are janky and delayed too, so dodging fast between cars is very hit and miss (pardon the pun).

All that for a bloody measly bronze trophy. Time well spent? Probably...?

Oh that damn trophy was a fucking bastard! My patience was definitely pushed to breaking point a few times! 

41Le0ca0b.png

Tales of Zesteria

Dietician's Nightmare

This is proof that you've prepared all available snacks. "The people in my video game eat nothing but cake all day, so I'm sorry, Doctor, you're full of it."

It was a fucking nightmare!! The amount of time I spent trying to grind out the last couple of snacks while constantly hearing my wife say "why are you doing the same thing over and over" drove me nuts! Yeah, my wife isn't a gamer :P

Edited by SnowStorm
General edit
  • Like 1

13Lf7dae5.png

Persona 4 Golden - The Nose Doesn't Always Know

Experience a fusion accident

Not the trophy you'd expect to see from P4G, huh? I was just phenomenally (un)lucky and didn't get a single fusion accident... I completed the compendium and spent hours afterwards just farming fusions before it happened. Honestly it was utter bullshit, immortalised forever in my timestamps.

7Lc497cb.png

Tales of Vesperia - To Points Unknown

Travel 50,000 km. That's 1185 marathons!

I'm glad they halved the distance from the original Xbox 360 version, but it's still a ridiculous trophy that requires a couple hours and an elastic band for no good reason.

2Lb24f5c.png

Trillion: God of Destruction - Mr. Popular

Watched all the lovey-dovey endings!

This means 9 playthroughs, which you'll spend 90% of the time skipping dialogue and clicking through menus, really takes the fun out of the game.... It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't all have to be on the same save file.

I definitely have more, but these are what come to mind first!

• Like 1

I might as well chip in since so many others already done so.

1. CAPCOM ARCADE CABINET

17Lab53b7.png

Wingate Whacker - Defeat the Wingate family (GUN. SMOKE)

One of the HARDEST and most UNFAIR trophies I have ever gone for and obtained.

Now, this is an old arcade game from the 1980s. A Capcom arcade game no doubt, which were notoriously hard since the general idea decades ago was to have kids spend more quarters.

With this collection stuck on the PS3/PS Now and with it being a non-platinum, most people aren't going to play Capcom Arcade Cabinet. It's essentially a collection of old Capcom games from the time before they became world famous with Street Fighter II. Gunsmoke is perhaps the most difficult in the collection.

Essentially a bullet hell type shoot em up where you have to dodge enemy bullets. The view is top down and you're basically going through the motions of killing enemies until you meet the boss. There are 9 levels with 9 bosses. This gold trophy requires you to beat all 9 levels, with the final level being the Wingate family.

I had to spend around 10 hours to finally get this trophy. The game is short, but it was so difficult I wondered if I was ever going to beat Gun Smoke. Never mind the name possibly taken from an old television western series that aired in the USA. This game offers infinite continues but that doesn't help much because some checkpoints are located in horrible locations. Whether the enemies hit you or not is completely down to luck. I had sections where I mowed down enemies, other sections I had to spend a solid 20 - 30 minutes to finally get to the next checkpoint.

With how hard games from the 1980s were, and this being an old arcade game from that time period, this trophy is not for the faint of heart. Anybody who has this trophy on their profile deserves respect. There is a good reason why this trophy sits at the top of my trophy cabinet. Gun Smoke is unfair, extremely difficult, brutal, hair pulling and downright sadistic.

@starcrunch061 can definitely vouch for how hard this game is.

2. SUPER MEAT BOY

22L66ab10.png

Impossible Boy - Beat Cotton Alley dark world without dying

I am putting this here purely for the fact that this trophy gave me a real hard time... this is coming from somebody who grew up on platformers and is pretty adept at them.

Can't really say this is one of the worst trophies because I did enjoy Super Meat Boy. But this trophy is definitely one that can make or break an individual. If you managed to get everything else, you've done more than most. If you got this trophy, you got a level of patience and some skill that most probably don't have.

There is nothing more to say about this trophy. I said a great deal about this trophy before, and everybody here knows why it's hard, so I'll just leave this here at that.

3. MAFIA II

51L32f530.png

Explorer - Drive a total of 1,000 miles in "Jimmy's Vendetta"

I'm a big fan of film noir/movies and generally stuff involving the Mafia, so when I found out about this game a decade ago I went ahead and played it on the 360. Enjoyed the story, but didn't get all the achievements.

This trophy is the one truly bad apple in an otherwise pretty solid trophy list for a decent game. This was to completely pad the game for no purpose whatsoever.

Any miles you drive in either the base game or in Joe's Adventure does not count for this trophy, it has to be done in the Jimmy's Vendetta DLC. With the infamous glitch method, this would likely take a good 15 - 20 hours or so. Problem was the developers patched the game to where the game would pause every 5 - 60 minutes, making this trophy extremely annoying.

I ended up driving the last 300 - 400 miles by myself, doing an endless loop between a couple of bridges in a fictionalized New York City. Still took a good 5 - 7 hours for me to do, was finally glad to see that trophy pop and earn my 100 percent in Mafia II.

Because of this one trophy, I'm rather hesitant to do the PS4 remaster, if I ever decide I want to play this game again.

4. LA NOIRE

41Lceb03f.png

Hollywoodland - Find and inspect all gold film reels

Another game I was interested in because I'm a fan of noir.

Didn't like the story towards the end, but enjoyed playing as Cole Phelps and doing all the crime cases and being a detective sleuth. The 1940s era Los Angeles period and theme gave this game a sense of class and taste.

I can pick between Hollywoodland or Car Fanatic, but I choose Hollywoodland because that one took me a lot longer to get. If I recall correctly, I don't think collectibles are tracked in this game (correct me if I'm wrong). There is nothing on the map that indicates you are near a gold film reel, which makes me all the more grateful that today's AAA games for the most part have tracked collectibles.

This trophy sucked. There is virtually nothing to do in LA Noire outside of the main story cases and the street crimes. You are hunting for pointless collectibles. One notable gold film reel was inside a train tunnel, which involved me having to drive a distance inside a dark tunnel, park my car on some train tracks and grab the collectible.

You don't even get a nice little cutscene or some bonus feature of any sort. Just a trophy.

In the PS4 version they added even more collectibles, which makes me hesitant to get the PS4 remaster of this game as well.

5. ASSASSIN'S CREED UNITY

27Lc63c6b.png

Curiosity - Open every chest in Paris

One of the WORST collectible trophies in any AAA game I've played and completed.

I completely share my feelings with @Copanele because this trophy is truly shit. You have to open every regular and locked chest in Paris. Problem is many of the locked chests require a level 3 lockpicking skill. Many of them are also locked behind a level 3 door, and if that weren't enough there were sometimes guards posted near the chest who will attack you. That's basically three things you have to do to get one chest marked off the map.

Then there were regular chests that were basically right out in the open. There was a great deal of inconsistency. In addition to the chests you have to collect the cockades for the platinum trophy. If it were just the cockades, that would of been okay.

A lot worse than the feathers. A bunch of chest collecting in a rather boring Assassin's Creed game with a poor story. I'm glad I don't have to play this game again.

6. GET OFF MY LAWN!

4L510311.png

Tank Zapper - Kill 1000 tanks with the Ray Gun

This trophy is glitched, meaning you can either get this one very quickly or it can take you ages.

Unfortunately for me, I got the latter. I thought for sure this trophy wouldn't pop and I was going to have to delete and reinstall a game. But thankfully it finally popped. I immediately deleted this game right after.

A relatively unknown game that is free on the PS Vita. Was fun for the first 10 - 20 minutes, then it was boring. Spent several hours on trying to get Tank Zapper, and I definitely could of spent my time on better games.

7. GOAT SIMULATOR

25Ld40885.png

The Flapmaster - Score 10 points in Flappy Goat

A minigame that has absolutely nothing to do with the actual game that is Goat Simulator.

It's a platformer minigame, but not a very good one. You have to maintain a series of jumps between ladders. Every time you successfully get past in-between, you earn 1 point.

Hit detection is extremely wonky, as you can fail even when you clearly see you DID NOT TOUCH THE LADDERS. Took many tries, but managed to successfully earn the trophy. Did this one twice, as I've done both the PS3 and PS4 versions of Goat Simulator.

8. GONE HOME

4Lffbd97.png

Homerunner - Completed the game in less than 1 minute with no Modifiers enabled. (From New Game in a single session only)

This trophy is glitched.

I must of beaten the game in under a minute at least 20 - 30 times. Finally by some random stroke of luck the trophy decided to pop for me.

Don't know what happened, don't know why it popped when it did, don't know why it's so horrendously bugged. But I'm just glad I don't have to play this game ever again.

It's a rather okay walking simulator. This one trophy however ruined the experience.

9. ALBEDO: EYES FROM OUTER SPACE

L484e3d.png

Entire Trophy List

I may as well put this entire game on here since this was such a chore and miserable experience to go through. Without the trophies there was no way I was going to sit myself through this piece of crap.

Followed @Stay-Pationts guide to the T. He made it a bit more relaxing, but it doesn't excuse my opinion that this game is bottom of the barrel material that shouldn't be charged more than $2 - 4 bucks at the most.

You get the platinum before you even finish the game, so great job on the trophy designers part.

10. ORC SLAYER

L98c951.png

Entire Trophy List

Single handedly the WORST game I have done for trophies.

This game isn't even worthy of being some crap $1 - 2 dollar game at a flea market or bargain bin somewhere. The game with it's Nintendo 64 era graphics and 1990s era interface can't even run properly.

Orc Slayer has terrible framerate, horrible game mechanics, countless bugs/glitches, and wonky controls. Enemies get stuck in places like the outside of a fence, an archway and a random tree.

This is what to expect from the game:

Spoiler

The game is so tedious and monotone I almost fell asleep while playing it. It is the worst game I have played for trophies and it is a sin that this game even got accepted by Sony with a fucking trophy list.

It's shit, it's drizzling dumpster sludge. I'd rather play Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space 3 - 5 times before I ever touch this abomination.

Edited by Spaz

Worst trophies ever earned? God - where do I start? Here are a few:

39L89c744.png41L76cb7a.png

Star Ocean: The Last Hope was a decent game, with just some of the worst, most pointless grinding imaginable. The first trophy is the infamous "100% Battle Trophy" nonsense. This will take anyone around 250-300 hours, even being highly efficient. The second is to make every item in the game. Mind you - it's not find every item in the game. You have to make them. The second is also highly miss-able; many recipes will disappear after a set amount of time, and if you miss something, you have to start over from scratch.

3L8ce1d9.png4L8bd644.png

Musou games are notorious for annoying grinds, but Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires might take the cake. These trophies require you to obtain certain titles and "lifestyles". The tiered structure for lifestyles make obtaining all of them absurdly complicated, and the requirements for many titles are not at all explained well. Just awful trophy design (and honestly, this is a pretty lazy and lackluster game, with no English dub, and tons of empty soundtracks). I mean, just look at Cao Cao's face in that image. Even he thinks these trophies stink.

I'll post more when I get the chance.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I mean, just look at Cao Cao's face in that image. Even he thinks these trophies stink.

Lol, those trophies are fine, I got them twice both on Japanese and English versions, DW8 was worse, getting the friendship for each character up to full, I think it was 4-5 battles each taking 1 solider into battle, out of about 70 characters AND having to do another 70 characters once as a female character and once as a male character.  Something like 1400 battles! Even the fastest way of 30 second run to the final boss battles, it is an insane and boring gring.

Now THAT'S a sad trophy

This trophy:- Vocal Enthusiast

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2038-dynasty-warriors-8/36-vocal-enthusiast

36L1182cf.png

I'm such a mad man I did it twice... both on English and Japanese..