WORST TROPHIES EVER YOU EARNED

cik93

First one to pop into my mind is Rockhound, from the original InFamous - simply the worst collectible trophy ever.

13L1a961c.png

I’m usually not worried about collectibles -  I actually kinda like to wander into an open world here and there, nosing around, but this one is just ridiculously aggravating.

No less than 350 shards scattered around the map and simply no way to track them whatsoever - no map, no radar, nothing. I had to find a map on the web, print it and then check every shard manually in my second playthrough. Still can’t believe I bothered...

Edited by Neef-GT5
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, KunoGuy said:

For me so far it's Fortissimo, AereA PS4. It is the roadblock to the Platinum. Warning: Pretty buggy game overall. I knew that going in. Also not as many grind hours as some games, but you can beat the game and upgrade your first character in one playthrough, but for the other three, its playing the same snow level over and over again farming currency to buy the skills. My advice is to break it up into chunks. I just played it in half hour increments at that point. But in the end I was left thinking why? 

16Lc260b4.png

Fortissimo: AereA (PS4)

What a awful trophy It would not be so bad if that snow level offered a decent amount of currency needed to get the skills for this trophy but you earn so little 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Little Adventure on the Prairie. And I know I haven't actually earned these two yet, but they will be once I do! Both from Super Bomberman R.

3La3ce00.png

:silver: Bomb 1,000,000

7L5d4ad0.png

:gold: Destroyed 1,000,000 Blocks

Yet I still work on these...I dunno why. :P 

I'm currently working on those too. Did just over 300k blocks (plus whatever blocks I destroyed while getting the other trophies) without a turbo controller.

I absolutely refuse to spend another minute playing this game. I'm continuing the grind using a turbo controller whenever I'm at home and not on my PS4. At the very least, that's 8 hours a night while I'm sleeping.

• Like 1

63Ld218f1.png 

Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Deadly Obsession

Complete Shadow of the Tomb Raider on Deadly Obsession difficulty

Whilst not exactly difficult, the checkpoints in this difficulty mode were a pain in the ass! It didn't really add anything to the overall challange, as you had all your upgrades, weapons, etc in NG+, but due to the hit-and-miss nature of the platforming, a lot of time was wasted throughout this.

34Lf779bc.png

Red Dead Redemption 2

Grin and Bear it

Survive 18 bear attacks and kill the bear each time in Story Mode

Like... why though? Again, easy enough to do but the grind of going back to camp, save, load, and all that stuff just made it seem pointless. There could have been tons of different trophy ideas that could have replaced this one. Rest of the trophy list for this game is fun enough though, once you're immersed enough that is (yeah, still working on some).

12Lcc1722.png

Rachet & Clank

Go Speed Rachet, Go!

Win the Gold Cup on both Rilgar and Kalebo

Just really don't like racing...

5L71edd9.png 10Le7608a.png 26La24579.png 29L7686d2.png 49L660c0c.png

Wolfenstein: Youngblood

Immovable object
Kill 10 charging Supersoldaten

Trigger happy
Fire 100,000 shots

Gear head
Obtain all improved weapon upgrades

More human than human
Obtain all abilities

One woman army
Achieve mastery level 10 with all weapons

Take your pick. Truly a garbage game. All the above seem harmless enough but when there's not enough content, no NG+, an AI partner that steels kills from you and no ammo supplies for some weapons... This game was a nightmare and I'm surprised the completion percentage is as high as it is. Maybe that 13% are obsessive completionists also, I dunno.

• Like 3

46La1c1a4.png

Guitar Hero Metallica - Dyer's Eve

I'll start with the worst trophy. Completing Dyer's Eve from Metallica with a score of 450 000 on drums isn't an easy task. 2 days of training on hard paid off and I finally got this trophy. This is a fast paced song thats on another level compared to the classiscs like Nothing else matters, Enter sandman, Fade to black etc and takes some time to get into. Luckily you don't have to play it in expert, it is enough on hard if you manage to play it well and use the star power in the right moments to get the required score.

56La32e01.png

Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 - Boss Batttle Boss

Completing the boss hunt on craaaazy difficulty requires a good team of 4 and a lot of training, but also a lot of patience since this mode was only available 2 times in 2019 when I did it. After a lot of tries we finally made it, and that only 3 days before it dissappeared. At the time of this post it is a bit over 1 year since we did it and the game mode hasn't been available since, who knew it wouldn't come back? I consider myself really lucky that I managed to complete this trophy at the final boss hunt mode!

29Leb5eb7.png

GTA III - Is That all You've got?

Damn this was a clunky trophy. The reason it is on this list is mainly due to the 20 rampage missions you have to complete. The aiming in this game is horrible. No aiming button, you will simply need to face the right direction you want to shoot and that makes some of these rampage missions so frustrating and annoying. You will get used to it, but it is a very dated mechanic we aren't used to anymore. We are used to aim then shoot, in this game you simply just shoot.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aceclasher88 said:

42L576883.png

Card Sharp (Mafia II) - I got this back in the xb360 version. Just a tedious boring collectible hunt that went over 100 posters. One that sticks out to me is that one poster on top of a building where u need to crash into from the freeway with a car. Took me a lot of tries. I read that the remastered version added more. Yeah, no thanks. I ain't doing that shit again.

40L9d1681.png

Auto Fanatic (L.A Noire) - Again, I got this back in the xb360 version. This trophy along with the film reel trophy is probably made as an excuse to drive around the L.A map that barely had any point to explore outside of the cases. I need to rely on rng to get some cars to pop up. 

Both of these games added more collectibles in their respective PS4 versions. Mafia II added 30 more wanted posters, LA Noire added more collectibles as part of new DLC. 

I’d say fuck that noise. I have to say I love the style and time period BOTH take place in. But why more collectibles?!

6 hours ago, aceclasher88 said:

Serial Offender (GTA SA) - It ain't R* without one dumb trophy in their platinums. I've beaten this game on 4 other platforms so I've gotten decent enough to only get busted twice on my 1st run. Getting into the police station for like 48 times is a stupid grind & at one point for some reason the frame rate drops so badly I have to reset the game. This isn't even the worst grind based trophy in a gta game * cough * Take The Cannoli * cough *

Working on this right now. Took me three hours just to grab 80 Hidden Packages while trying to avoid gunfire from cops and the Haitian/Cuban gangs so I could be under the 100 bullets fired threshold. 

Do that stupid Cone Crazy side mission at least 12 - 16 times, which you’re not going to beat record time unless you carefully move the cones (hitting them regularly will fail the mission). And I failed A LOT. 

Get that ambulance to back into that dock gate and try to glitch through. Get that helicopter from the VCN building. 

You died? Sorry, it’s back to the east island. Time to use the ambulance and glitch the gate again. 

Fucking despicable. Started going after this trophy at 8 PM PST last night, currently 6 AM in the morning and still waiting for the Sea Sparrow to rack up my accuracy and criminal rating to Godfather.  

On 12/10/2020 at 1:40 AM, aceclasher88 said:

14L7d1033.png

Serial Offender (GTA SA) - It ain't R* without one dumb trophy in their platinums. I've beaten this game on 4 other platforms so I've gotten decent enough to only get busted twice on my 1st run. Getting into the police station for like 48 times is a stupid grind & at one point for some reason the frame rate drops so badly I have to reset the game. This isn't even the worst grind based trophy in a gta game * cough * Take The Cannoli * cough *

I think this might be mine too. Such a boring and needless grind to get this trophy. After I finished Big Smoke, I got this trophy next so I could get it out of the way, and it almost made me want to give up on the game.

On 12/11/2020 at 8:42 AM, Blood_Hungry_III said:

I think this might be mine too. Such a boring and needless grind to get this trophy. After I finished Big Smoke, I got this trophy next so I could get it out of the way, and it almost made me want to give up on the game.

What I do is punch a cop and then steal a car or have him beat me down and then bust me. It’s boring and tedious, but it’s the fastest way I can think of.

Edited by Spaz

On 12/12/2020 at 6:27 PM, Spaz said:

What I do is punch a cop and then steal a car or have him beat me down and then bust me. It’s boring and tedious, but it’s the fastest way I can think of.

That seems like a solid strategy. I walked into the police station (which you spawn in front of after getting busted), punched a cop, and then let him and the other cops bust me. It took a while but I'm glad I got it out of the way right off the bat.

9 hours ago, Blood_Hungry_III said:

That seems like a solid strategy. I walked into the police station (which you spawn in front of after getting busted), punched a cop, and then let him and the other cops bust me. It took a while but I'm glad I got it out of the way right off the bat.

Is San Andreas less time consuming? You don’t have to 100 percent the game unlike the previous two.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Spaz said:

Is San Andreas less time consuming? You don’t have to 100 percent the game unlike the previous two.

I can't say for sure because I haven't finished it and I haven't played the other two, but I do get the impression that it might be. I think the San Andreas story is longer, but I think the plat might be shorter with fewer extra things you have to do.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 11:04 AM, cik93 said:

I did not find a discussion for this, so i wanna start one.

which were the WORST trophies you earned and why? Share your experience.

This is my list:

30Lea0088.png
Perfect Sphere Master -  Final Fantasy X

Soooo long grind, definitely one of unnecessary trophies for this list, cause Sphere Master trophy was enough.

35Lcadc08.png

Giant Tower - Final Fantasy X-2

Get a perfect walkthrough until last floor, to discover that final boss get just 100-130HP damage, destroying every chance, so you go back on previous 60 floors to increase skills and magic options.

d32e596247.png

One Shot - Alien: Isolation

Damn, facehuggers! Blessed second save slot! 1f64f-1f3fb.png

47ae1136720.png
Mist Walker - Final Fantasy XII - THE ZODIAC AGE

Just four words:

WORST RNG TROPHY EVER!

9ba61348623.png

Hail To The King - Final Fantasy IX

thank you AutoKey developers 1f918-1f3fb.png
death to Square Enix 1f44e-1f3fb.png

daab1067322.png
Well Master - Downwell

Probably the best trophy for tachycardia attacks.

77c4979847.png

81d0979946.png

c903980152.png
Charted! - Brutal - UNCHARTED 1, 2 & 3

What to say... dualshocks learned to fly, really, really well.

3e1f581838.png
Lady Maria Of The Astral Clocktower - Bloodborne

Loved this character so much, but damn, how the f*** you can be so fast?!? Winning a solo match against this biatch would be a satisfying prize (i done with co-op obvs to have some seconds to breathe ? but i will try again as solo, with a NG+++++).

ca90702868.png

...It - Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

Frustrating but funniest trophy to get with Uncharted 4 Survival DLC.

3af2641849.png
Completed Grounded Mode - The Last Of Us

Joel, dear Joel... so many bullets you got in the head... 1f616.png

d63a81991.png
The Dark Soul - Dark Souls II: Scholar Of The First Sin

Bosses, sorceries, bosses, hexes, bosses, pyromancies, bosses, miracles, bosses, sorceries, bosses, hexes, bosses, pyromancies, bosses again, again and again.

Yes, i hated this game exactly like you (first and third chapter were simply perfect).

07f11484723.png
Hard and fast - Unravel Two

No clock, no pauses, no deaths, no patience, no brain, just a psycho player.

b44195033.png
You Got The Touch! - God Of War

Knives, many many knives on developers’ hearts, not our poor Kratos.

1f60f.png?1f3fb.png

1f52a.png

?

b75f1015012.png
Strong Arm Tactics - Jetpack Joyride

50 long and annoying days.

Please, abolish these trophies once for all, especially when there’s no a platinum 1f629.png

8311631814.png

Challenge - The Witness

20th Century Fox present:

CAST AWAY starring Usain Bolt

Soundtrack by Edvard Gried

1ccb1656027.png

Gasmoxian Slug - CTR: Nitro Fueled

No comment.

09131087658.png

A New Blademaster - Final Fantasy XV

One of first experiences with badass trophies.

DLC was pretty good tho.

293e80236.png

Legendary Warrior - God Of War Ascension

Do you know the actor of Muse’s Hysteria music video?

It was me.

37621106848.png

Best Of The Best - Call Of Duty Modern Warfare

I’m still hearing Sergeant voice screaming in my head.

16L43ed85.png

Infallible - Fall Guys

Two of worst weeks,

thirty of most satisfying seconds in my life.

You should join the subreddit https://www.reddit.com/r/trophybitching/

• Like 1

"worst" could be mean different things though.

-Worst, as in the most embarrassing. The worst trophy on your list... the one you don't want on your list, because it's shameful. 

-Worst, as in hardest. The worst trophy because it was so difficult to get.

-Worst, as in easiest/pointless. "Start a New Game" (earn a trophy). Worst kind of trophy, because of how pointless it is.

-Worst, as in 1% game completion. You start a game, hate it and don't ever want to play it again. But whoops, you earned 1 trophy. So now, THAT trophy is the worst.

-Worst, as in grindy. Easy trophy that takes 500 hours to get. Worst.

I suppose the topic could be taken in any of those ways.... and that might be the point.

For me personally, I take it as: The worst trophy is basically, if I could pick one trophy NOT to have on my list. And the worst trophy for me is "Nostalgia"

from Super Meat Boy.

Super Meat Boy is a hard game. It's a hard game to platinum. I'm not going to deny that. With that said, I'm not one to shy away from hard trophies (just have a look at my list, and RARITY percentage), but I just plain don't like the game (NOT because it's hard. But because I just don't like it (even if it were easy)).. So when you couple those two things together (Hard game, and I hate it).... I'm never going to try and get the platinum for that game. But the game is still on my list, 1%...... thus making "Nostalgia" the worst trophy I have.

Edited by DaivRules

8 hours ago, Blood_Hungry_III said:

I can't say for sure because I haven't finished it and I haven't played the other two, but I do get the impression that it might be. I think the San Andreas story is longer, but I think the plat might be shorter with fewer extra things you have to do.

I find it amusing that your avatar is basically a GTA: San Andreas character, yet you haven't even done the story yet.

Not having to do a lot of the side content shaves off a great deal of time. The story missions are by far the longest, easily taking up at least 15 - 20 hours for most players. GTA III and Vice City didn't have as many story missions.

Kingpin in RDR. Fighting off 8 unique players. Getting 9 players successfully into an instance in RDR online is difficult. Often have to fight against crashes to do so. There isn’t anything gameplay wise that’s difficult when boosting this. The challenge is social: Getting nine people into an instance at once. And having those 9 players have the perseverance to overcome the game’s obstacles in doing so. 

Our LFG was a very frustrated group by then. A few who said they “needed to go first” immediately left after popping the trophy, leaving us hanging. When someone says “I need to go first,” you know what’s next. Unfortunately, members in the group started fighting and unfriending each other, so we had to find new members and try again. Overall the worst LFG experience I’ve ever had, and the worst trophy experience I’ve had as well. 

91Ldafdef.png

Edited by bigrake1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bigrake1 said:

Kingpin in RDR. Fighting off 8 unique players. Getting 9 players successfully into an instance in RDR online is difficult. Often have to fight against crashes to do so. There isn’t anything gameplay wise that’s difficult when boosting this. The challenge is social: Getting nine people into an instance at once. And having those 9 players have the perseverance to overcome the game’s obstacles in doing so. 

Our LFG was a very frustrated group by then. A few who said they “needed to go first” immediately left after popping the trophy, leaving us hanging. When someone says “I need to go first,” you know what’s next. Unfortunately, members in the group started fighting and unfriending each other, so we had to find new members and try again. Overall the worst LFG experience I’ve ever had, and the worst trophy experience I’ve had as well. 

91Ldafdef.png

I want to get this trophy myself. This, Pa Poker Ace and the Advanced Co Op are the main barriers preventing me from 100 percenting Red Dead Redemption.

The crowning achievement for worst of the worst trophies I've earned goes to...

18Ldc4b47.png

1001 Jackalopes

Create every jackalope and clone it.

DEPONIA DOOMSDAY

This trophy right here is a huge pain that requires spreadsheets and tedious levels of micromanagement on Excel to make it as bearable as it could possibly be. I spent nearly 9 hours, NINE HOURS (over two days), tediously going through every single possible combination with a spreadsheet on hand to mark where I was and what I had already done. I get to the end of the spreadsheet... and I had missed one. Somehow, somewhere, my tired eyes glazed over one single combination of the 250 or so that had to be made, and I had to go over all of them again just to find that one combo I might have missed. Around 147, I finally found it and the trophy popped and I sang praises at long last. This trophy did not belong in a game series like Deponia. Not by a long shot.

51Leefa57.png

Truly awesome!
Reach the final level of Awesomeness

RAYMAN LEGENDS

I had done literally 100% of the entire game just to realize that through my painstakingly long journey to completion, I had neglected the online mode because I was negligent in my research for platinuming Rayman Legends. I did not know what sort of online grind I was in for, and I had finished the whole game without putting forth any kind of progress. For three months, once a day, I would boot up the game and play all of the available challenges to the best of my ability. I wasn't that great at them and often got silver level points (so no more than 10 or 15 awesomeness points) a day. It was the longest and most dedicated grind I had ever committed to. I will never do something like this again.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Spaz said:

I find it amusing that your avatar is basically a GTA: San Andreas character, yet you haven't even done the story yet.

Not having to do a lot of the side content shaves off a great deal of time. The story missions are by far the longest, easily taking up at least 15 - 20 hours for most players. GTA III and Vice City didn't have as many story missions.

I played through the game on PS2 when it originally came out, and decided to try it again on PS4. I think it's been harder for me to stick with it because I have a lot more games to play than I did back then. My goal is to finish it next year.

I'm also trying to get 100% completion as I work towards the plat, so I won't be able to give a fair time estimate.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 12/15/2020 at 7:35 PM, Cravinovv said:

51Leefa57.png

Truly awesome!
Reach the final level of Awesomeness

RAYMAN LEGENDS

I had done literally 100% of the entire game just to realize that through my painstakingly long journey to completion, I had neglected the online mode because I was negligent in my research for platinuming Rayman Legends. I did not know what sort of online grind I was in for, and I had finished the whole game without putting forth any kind of progress. For three months, once a day, I would boot up the game and play all of the available challenges to the best of my ability. I wasn't that great at them and often got silver level points (so no more than 10 or 15 awesomeness points) a day. It was the longest and most dedicated grind I had ever committed to. I will never do something like this again.

I'll be playing this game in the near future. I tried out some of the challenges on an alt and I can confirm that getting a Diamond Cup is completely out of the question. If only 200 people participate in a challenge, that means you need to be in the top 2 for a Diamond. Not happening. At least for a Gold Cup I need to be in the top 50, which is far more reasonable.

18L25410b.png

Ni No Kuni

Familiarologist - spent way too long farming exp to 'evolve' familiars

47L0af288.png

Overwatch

The Floor is Lava - I have played Lucio for 150 hours..... I had to farm this trophy

30Lf2b242.png

Need for Speed - Shift

Epic Master - Race every track line perfectly and win endurance races