WORST TROPHIES EVER YOU EARNED

cik93

On 4/28/2021 at 10:30 AM, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

29Lec9bad.png

:gold: Medalhead - Dark Cloud 2 - This game is better than most. I'm confident saying that in every way, this game is absolutely on par with the best games the world has ever known. The PS2 was blessed to represent some of gaming's finest hours, and this game deserves its spot on the top of the heap. And yet, this trophy exists. If you look at the original game on this site you'll notice that the player base is nearly identical, but the original's platinum rate is over 5x as high. There are a number of reasons for this, but this trophy I have to believe is the most intensified singular reason for that. You have to go through every dungeon floor, of which there are an almost comical amount, and fulfill every single challenge in all of them. Some aren't so bad, but some require such mind-blowing, such teeth-clenching levels of effort that the frustration sets in like the truest of dark clouds. And I hated hated hated Spheda. If you've played this game, you know what Spheda is, and I hope you hated it too because misery loves company.

Dude - getting all the medals was probably the single biggest reason I bought the PS4 version...and Spheda is the greatest minigame ever created.

24 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

OK - the medals were annoying (though I'm glad to have gotten them). But I really mean it about Spheda. It was a blast. 

Even if Spheda was, in concept, maybe even in practice, a fun game, it was ruined because the maps and the floor layouts were CLEARLY not well suited for mini golf. Only dungeons like the palace where the ball didn't fall INTO the edges of the maps or nicked on slightly jutting parts of the ceilings were good for the game. Otherwise I lost more shots to stupid environmental traps that I couldn't SEE and further lost the round of golf and had to do the entire floor all over, than I ever care to think about again. 

On 28/04/2021 at 7:35 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

I know this might seem like a really dumb question - I get that - but, genuinely, was the Hannah Montana game actually bad?

Like, what I mean is, obviously it is the meme that it is for a reason - and was one of the first games people used to pad a profile, and it was always a funny joke seeing it on the profiles of adults alongside Call of Duty and Killzone and what-have-you, who were obviously not Hannah Montana fans, but are there any people on the site now who were actually the right demographic at the time, and actually were Hannah Montana fans who can weigh in?

Given that it was 2009, a tweenager then would be in his/her early 20's now, and I'm just wondering if we might have finally aged into an era where there are trophy hunters who had Hannah Montana on their profiles as a genuine game, and not level-padding or as an ironic joke?

I'm actually curious here - I never played it myself (I'm not being aloof- I padded too - Terminator Salvation and that crappy 'SAW' game was my 'Hannah Montana' back then 1f602.png) -

but, was the game actually awful, or was it just that we all though Hannah Montana as a brand was awful, regardless of the game? 

I mean, I wasn't exactly the target demographic as I'm a little bit older, but I genuinely liked the Barbie and Monster High games that came out on PS3. I probably could have played Hannah Montana and liked it, but I just don't like her character much (but my jr high bf did hahaha) so I never played her game. 

I also really like Saw as a movie series and played the Saw game. I didn't think it was bad quality wise tbh, but I'm too much of a chicken shit to play scary games. I managed to platinum it and I was genuinely proud of myself for doing so (there was a moment where I got jumpscared so bad I screamed). 

I am of the opinion that these games are no longer shameful; they at least still required a positive IQ to finish them. And realistically we shouldn't be ashamed of what we decide to spend money on and platinum but imo honestly Rata games have singlehandedly devalued platinums for me. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Savage_Sarabi said:

I am of the opinion that these games are no longer shameful; they at least still required a positive IQ to finish them. And realistically we shouldn't be ashamed of what we decide to spend money on and platinum but imo honestly Rata games have singlehandedly devalued platinums for me. 

I have my good share of easy and bad games. I could get 10 - 20 Rata stacks in the time it takes me to platinum Orc Slayer and Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space. Which is kind of sad.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Even if Spheda was, in concept, maybe even in practice, a fun game, it was ruined because the maps and the floor layouts were CLEARLY not well suited for mini golf. Only dungeons like the palace where the ball didn't fall INTO the edges of the maps or nicked on slightly jutting parts of the ceilings were good for the game. Otherwise I lost more shots to stupid environmental traps that I couldn't SEE and further lost the round of golf and had to do the entire floor all over, than I ever care to think about again. 

Back on PS2, my buddies and I made a contest of it; we would just wait until the dungeon floor ended, and hand the controller to one another. The randomness made it even more fun.

12 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Back on PS2, my buddies and I made a contest of it; we would just wait until the dungeon floor ended, and hand the controller to one another. The randomness made it even more fun.

By the point that I got this plat, my friends were just making fun of me about Spheda lol. I don't know what it is about outdoorsmanship in rpg's but I hate it more often than not. 

• Like 1

55L4674ad.png

:gold: Mythical Prince
Hear Rapunzel's sad song.

Before I start, I am happy that I got it but man this trophy and the other 2 that were connected to it were the most draining trophies I've ever gotten.

It took me 2 whole afternoons to get them, the music was crap, the longer it took me the more dumb mistakes I made. When I was done, I was physically and mentally drained.

I don't think I have a lot of "worst trophies" because I'll just stop trying to get the platinum if any trophy looks annoying enough.

But the one that comes to mind is the infamous Final Fantasy X Lightning Dancer (Dodge 200 lightning strikes in a row).

And I've done it twice. Once when I was in high school on PS2, and again at age 29 on a Vita.

It's so tedious and nerve-wracking. Doubly so because there is no counter on-screen and no notification when you hit 200, you just have to keep count in your head while trying not to blink too much. And I was scared that I would stop at 200 but miscounted and actually did 199 and have to start over, so I just kept going after 200. I also had to follow tips like "play in a dark room so you can notice the flash easier". Would not be surprised if this trophy ruined my eyes a little bit.

Runner-up: the Chocobo race required for Tidus' ultimate weapon. Only reason that is in 2nd place is that you KNOW when you've beaten it, and you can get it by improving your skill and learning the best route. 

78L20b34e.png

Masterminds (GTA V - Doomsday Heist DLC) 

77L1832c4.png

Elitist (GTA V - Doomsday Heist DLC)

These 2 are utter bullcrap, and i'm happy i'll never EVER have to do those again!

50L791aeb.png

Auf Wiedersehen Petrowic (GTA IV Online)

Grindy and buggy, just gotta love that combo!

1L3734ec.png

Los Santos Legend (GTA V Platinum)

Grind, collectables/stunt jumps and knife flights, jesus christ. But it's done. 

68Lbced69.png

...It (Earn three stars on all Survival stages on the Crushing setting) Uncharted 4

Even though i found 2 excellent players who helped me, we still struggled like hell. This was not even fun :D 

23L115cd0.png

My Power Level is 530,000 (World Match - Acquire 530,000 BP.)   Dragon Ball FighterZ

This was just a looong grind... 

19L85717b.png

Before Creation Comes Destruction... (Practice - Complete 200 Different Combo Challenges.)    Dragon Ball FighterZ

I did NOT enjoy these. Some of them were a bish.

• Like 1

So, I have no idea why these Danganronpa trophies exist...

18Ld4adc7.png

Tuned to a Dead Channel:

Shoot down 500 lines of white noise

~

44L921078.png

The Airborne Static Effect:

Shoot down 500 lines of white noise

~

These are just... so unnecessary? White noise lines aren't even an important mechanic? Maybe not particularly difficult to get, but I never got these trophies through playing the game normally. Had to chapter select and let the scenes run over and over on their own and just wait for white noise to pop up to shoot down. Found them mindnumbingly stupid. 

I've ranted about this trophy a lot before, but it still remains this one:

30Lcda696.png

Danganronpa V3

Monolithic Achievement:
Achieved an S-Rank on Mean difficulty in TREASURE HUNTER! MONOLITH.

I literally spent 10 hours (in one sitting) trying to get this, didn't, hated myself for wasting my entire day on this shit, then managed to get it within about 4 or so hours a day or two later using, I kid you not, scripts I found online that were designed FOR THIS ONE FUCKING MINIGAME. Absolutely atrocious luck based minigame that made an otherwise enjoyable game and platinum run an absolute nightmare.

There's other trophies in the Danganronpa games that have been annoying and grindy, but nothing comes close to this. I think this trophy kinda "broke" me a little when it comes to trophy hunting, it really tried my patience to its limit and nowadays, I'm even less tolerant of certain trophy conditions. There's quite a few games I've played that I'd like to platinum but simply don't have the patience for any more. I'm really enjoying Yakuza Kiwami right now for example, would platinum it if it wasn't for the 100% completion trophy, like hell I'm doing all those mini-games over and over and other mundane shit just for the plat. It legitimately just feels like a waste of time for me nowadays, when I could be spending that time actually enjoying a game rather feeling like I have to slog through irritating and boring BS just for a shiny platinum png image.

Edited by SuperSmexy500
  • Like 1

Psychonauts

38L321b28.png

:silver: I LOVE PUNCHING!

Complete the Punchy Target mini-game.

Punchy Target requires players to complete the target courses with the points needed and time given. You are penalized for missed targets and friendly targets. There was seemingly latency between an input and either the game or the display reacting to that input. To reduce the input lag, I changed the HDR picture mode on my television to game. After the changes were saved, I didn't experience any issues with the time in which the game responded to my input and Punchy Target was easier to complete than before anything was changed within the settings on my television. The difficulty is in being required to complete the target course with an increase of input lag.

Resident Evil 2

43L8222da.png

:silver: Hell of a Sheriff

Complete the No Way Out scenario. (No training mode)

No Way Out requires players to kill the zombies. The layout is inside the confined space of a gas station as the zombies gradually enter the building through three entrances in waves. However, there are various items that can be found within No Way Out by eliminating special zombies carrying backpacks. It also introduces new types of zombies outside of the Leon Scott Kennedy and Claire Redfield stories. Unlike No Time To Mourn, Runaway, and Forgotten Soldier, where only one of the new zombie types are introduced in each extra mode, all three of them appear in No Way Out. No Way Out features poison zombies, pale heads, A-gears, and enemies who function as both poison zombies and A-gears. Poison zombies can bite the player causing them to become poisoned. They expel a toxic cloud when killed, which will also poison players too close to its release. Pale heads can regenerate from injuries and move faster than average zombies. Defeating them often requires high-powered weaponry that can damage them faster than they can regenerate. A-gears wear bulletproof armor on certain areas of their bodies, requiring the player to target their unarmored areas. As such with the enemies who function as both poison zombies and A-gears, they are capable of poisoning the player and avoiding damage to their armored areas. The difficulty is in being required to kill 100 zombies of various different types in a confined space with very limited ammunition.

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

43L2d9108.png

:gold: Ethan Never Dies

Complete Ethan Must Die.

Ethan Must Die requires players to defeat Marguerite Baker in the greenhouse. It lacks checkpoints; dying in this extra content respawns the player back at the beginning and a statue is left at the location of their death. When the statue is broken, it will leave behind one random item that the player had in their inventory during the previous attempt. The layout and spawns of enemies and traps, as well as the type of enemies per spawn is fixed. Enemies deal much more damage to the point where they can kill the player through a single hit. Blocking is still effective at reducing damage and is the only viable way of surviving any damage aside from grabs. Throughout the game are randomized crate spawns with stars assigned to them ranging from one to three and a much rarer chest for a four-star item. Items that drop from crates and chests are randomized within a possible list based on the amount of stars of the crate. The crate layout on the map randomizes again after each death. Some crates are rigged to explode, which can cause immediate death. These crates can be detected by having only a single layer of tape and a ticking sound coming from inside. The final enemy in Ethan Must Die is Marguerite in her mutated form. The difficulty is in being required to defeat many enemies including Marguerite while avoiding being damaged even once as it could result in death with items that are randomized from crates and chests.

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

46Lbbd715.png

:silver: You Gotta Know When To Hold 'Em

Complete Survival+ mode in 21.

Survival+ requires players to defeat 10 opponents without dying. The game plays similar to blackjack: Clancy Jarvis and his opponents take turns choosing to "hit" (draw another card) or "stay" (keep their already drawn cards and pass their turn to the opponent). When both players stay in succession, the facedown cards are revealed. The winner is whoever has the cards with a total value closest to 21 without going over. However, in the event that both players go over 21, the player with the lower "bust" (total value of cards over 21) wins. The loser of each round receives an electric shock; the game is decided by the first to take an electric shock when their meter reaches 10. Unlike blackjack, the cards are numbered one through eleven, with no doubles within the deck, and both players share the same deck. There are also trump cards, which apply special effects to the table; drawing certain cards, increasing opponent's bet, changing target value, and more. New trump cards become available for Clancy's use as certain challenges are completed in the variants of 21 (i.e. Survival, Survival+). This extra content is similar to Survival, but the opponents are more difficult, and it requires more time to complete. The final opponent is Undead Hoffman. This variant of Hoffman has the best luck out of all of the variants (i.e. Molded Hoffman, Mr. Big Head), almost always draws the right cards to total a higher value, if not 21. He will also use his unique trump cards the most, just to really ensure you have the least amount of luck possible, in return. The difficulty is in being required to defeat 10 opponents without dying while the last opponent has an unfair advantage with the player's meter being able to quickly reach 10 due to multipliers and it causing them to restart from the beginning if they die.

Edited by notandrebraun

1La3a878.png

CSI: Fatal Conspiracy

:platinum: Completist

This "game" is garbage.  All of it.  Avoid it like the plague.

23L6df41f.png

Assassin's Creed III

:bronze: Original Gamer

Fanorona was an infuriating minigame.  I'll be happy if I never see or hear of it again.

1L6953df.png

Deep Black

:platinum: Deep Black Platinum

Shite.

SHITE.

SHITE.

41Ld35791.png

GTA IV

:gold: Key To The City

The 100% completion run glitched on me when I had ONE SODDING PIGEON LEFT, and no matter how many times I reloaded my save, the bastard thing would not spawn.  i ended up having to do the 100% all over again.  I took a rather disturbing amount of pleasure in murdering that pigeon when it finally spawned this time around. ?

Did I mention that Deep Black is shite?  Because it's shite.

Edited by StewartBros
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, StewartBros said:

23L6df41f.png

Assassin's Creed III

:bronze: Original Gamer

Fanorona was an infuriating minigame.  I'll be happy if I never see or hear of it again.

I had to use a program online to help me beat Fanorona. Both this and Nine Men's Morris were a pain. No idea why they made this a trophy.

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

I had to use a program online to help me beat Fanorona. Both this and Nine Men's Morris were a pain. No idea why they made this a trophy.

I used a program too...and sometimes the match would end in a draw!!  Nine men's morris wouldn't emulate the same moves as the program. One bad move and it's over.

On 5/2/2021 at 6:44 PM, Brrrrrradislava said:

I used a program too...and sometimes the match would end in a draw!!  Nine men's morris wouldn't emulate the same moves as the program. One bad move and it's over.

Yep, it was a pain.

• 3 weeks later...

Is There Anything You Can’t Do for Trials Fusion.

You had to complete every track challenge for all the base game tracks and there were 3 challenges per track. Some were insanely difficult and the whole thing was just a grind fest. 

Soldier of Misfortune for Far Cry 2 is another contender just because of how boring and tedious it was. Essentially you had to get roughly 9,000 kills spread out between 27(?) different weapons in the multiplayer. I self-boosted it with 3 PS3s and it was just the most boring trophy. 

• Like 1

The trophy "Map Room" in Minecraft... Is literally exhausting, time-consuming, and not even worth it haha! Took hours of work for a silver.

On 4/30/2021 at 5:21 PM, SuperSmexy500 said:

I've ranted about this trophy a lot before, but it still remains this one:

30Lcda696.png

Danganronpa V3

Monolithic Achievement:
Achieved an S-Rank on Mean difficulty in TREASURE HUNTER! MONOLITH.

I literally spent 10 hours (in one sitting) trying to get this, didn't, hated myself for wasting my entire day on this shit, then managed to get it within about 4 or so hours a day or two later using, I kid you not, scripts I found online that were designed FOR THIS ONE FUCKING MINIGAME. Absolutely atrocious luck based minigame that made an otherwise enjoyable game and platinum run an absolute nightmare.

There's other trophies in the Danganronpa games that have been annoying and grindy, but nothing comes close to this. I think this trophy kinda "broke" me a little when it comes to trophy hunting, it really tried my patience to its limit and nowadays, I'm even less tolerant of certain trophy conditions. There's quite a few games I've played that I'd like to platinum but simply don't have the patience for any more. I'm really enjoying Yakuza Kiwami right now for example, would platinum it if it wasn't for the 100% completion trophy, like hell I'm doing all those mini-games over and over and other mundane shit just for the plat. It legitimately just feels like a waste of time for me nowadays, when I could be spending that time actually enjoying a game rather feeling like I have to slog through irritating and boring BS just for a shiny platinum png image.

I know your pain... It's literally what's locking me out of the platinum...

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/8127-dragon-quest-xi-echoes-of-an-elusive-age/37-dedicated-follower-of-fashion

This trophy.

I was definitely bored of dragon quest xi and i said to myself "this is the last time i start this game, i will make all the remaining trophies" and so that day i stayed up until 5.30 AM to complete and unistall it once finished . I also made trophies objectively more annoying but this was the most annoying for me.

Edited by mumsmoker010

UFC 3 - UFC 82: Pride of a Champion
(uncensored words about having anal sex with Electronic Arts servers IT's)
Messed up (at least for me) controls in that game makes me sicker than listening to Guns 'N Roses "Chinese Democracy". I know it would be quite dumb, but my dualshock is responsible for at least 50% of fail throughout playing.