WARNING: Platinum trophy (may bee) unobtainable with version 1.02. EDIT: Fixed with version 1.03 patch

lonny2001

Hi,

I read some reports about it and can very it myself, that in the PSN version (digital download version) 1.02 the mission "The Big Stink" for the trophy Lord Of The Files is bugged and can not be completed! As far as I read, this is also the case for the disc version with this update. I don't know, if this is the case for all installations of the game.

While it is easy to block the update for the disc version, the "downgrade" of the PSN version is a bit more complicated (eg using "PSX Download Helper").

After unsuccessfully trying to complete the mission with version 1.02 several times, I was able to complete it in version 1.00 on the first try.

The save file of the version 1.02 can be used with the version 1.00.

Hope this helps

Lonny

Edited by lonny2001

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I've just been stung with this glitch (pun intended).

Thought I might have avoided it when the mission started but it's the second stage of it that is glitched. The race doesn't trigger correctly and, even if you catch up to the fly, it won't complete. Even tried waiting for it to do a lap to cut it off and nope - didn't work. Game, whilst an enjoyable enough experience, does seem a bit glitchy with trophies. Got the one for getting all challenges before the dance challenge one, meaning at some point, a dance challenge registered as complete for the total challenges but not for the category.

I'm part way through a second playthrough of this anyway as I missed another mission trophy so when the Big Stink mission becomes available, I'll have another go. Otherwise, it's waiting for a patch that may or may not ever happen. Whilst it is frustrating, I'm not going to spend ages faffing around with various IP settings and update versions to get an earlier version just to get the platinum in Bee Simulator.

Edit: Mission was still bugged (pun intended again)  so it looks like no trophy until patched.

Edited by AgentSmiz

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, as mentioned in the first post, there is a way to get the platinum trophy by rolling back version 1.02 to 1.00 even if you have the digital copy. Start by deleting the installed game and follow one of the methods below.

There are two methods in the first link below - 1 is automatic via program but only works on PC and method 2 which is manually via Command Prompt or Terminal and works on PC and Mac. If you are a Mac user I highly recommend going to the second link as the Mac method (method 2) in the first post didn't work for me and a lot of people seemed to have troubles. Worked perfectly first time round using the method in the second link (although they're not vastly different). If you have a PC, method 1 in the first link may well work perfectly fine but I obviously never got to try. I can't see the Mac method being too different on PC as it's just choosing the Windows node.js download file instead of Mac OS and using Command Prompt vs Terminal. The terminal method is simple enough to do as the instructions are pretty clear and well laid out and it's completely safe for both your computer and your PS4. I downloaded version 1.00 by doing this and got the last trophy I needed (for the glitched quest The Big Stink needed for the Lord of the Flies trophy) and therefore the platinum!

You can tell if it's grabbed the right version if the download on the PS4 is showing around 7-8GB or so. If the download is 13GB or thereabouts I believe it will just be downloading the patched version again so this is why I recommend the second link if you're going to try and do it manually which is what I did.

Just bee careful (lol) that the PS4 will automatically start downloading the 1.02 update straight after you install the game for some reason (even though you turn off the automatic updates in settings) so be quick to cancel and delete that. Hope this helps those stuck and feel free to shout out if you have any questions about it.

Cheers

Original post with methods 1 (automatic via program) and method 2 (manual via command prompt)

Reply that worked for me (slight variation of method 2):

UIA6QTO.jpg

p2x0K8i.jpg

Edited by Rowbokop
  • Like 1

Well now that someone has kicked the hornet’s nest and revived this old thread, I guess all I can say is that if this news is true, it will bee really upsetting for many players. Oh man... It really stings. Talk about a real buzz kill! ?

Now with how utterly useless my comment is in comparison to the very thoughtful and informative post from Rowbok above, it’s pretty clear that I am not pollen my own weight in regards to this topic. I wish to bee out of your hair now, so if someone will kindly leave the window open, I am going to fly away now before I embarrass myself any further and get told to buzz off.

Good bye, kind sirs. ? ?   Zzzzzzxxxxxx

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2021 at 5:41 AM, Rowbokop said:

Hey guys, as mentioned in the first post, there is a way to get the platinum trophy by rolling back version 1.02 to 1.00 even if you have the digital copy. Start by deleting the installed game and follow one of the methods below.

According to all known laws of trophy hunting, there is no way a person should be able to platinum Bee Simulator. A person, of course, gets it anyway because they don't care what humans think is impossible.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DesmaBR said:

According to all known laws of trophy hunting, there is no way a person should be able to platinum Bee Simulator. A person, of course, gets it anyway because they don't care what humans think is impossible.

??? 

Us completionists will go to great lengths to get our Platinum trophy... and our money’s worth ?. Right now I’m letting my PS4 run 55 hours straight taking advantage of a glitch in On The Road that would otherwise take ~750 hours to complete, using this same rollback method and its working like a charm.

• Like 1

Yea well they broke one of the side quests with an update after that. Mission wouldn’t load properly so no matter how much you caught up with the bee you couldn’t catch it and therefore complete the race.

Edited by Rowbokop

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Belinda074 said:

I have the digital version 1.02....I got the disc version 1.00 but it's not working with my save data ....I have digital version uninstalled and even downloaded save from the cloud. So looks like I have to replay the entire game again. 1f62d.png1f62d.png

You just have to downgrade your digital version to 1.00. You can look up methods and I think someone just posted a video containing how to do it above this reply.

8 hours ago, Belinda074 said:

Luckily i had most of the trophies done and just fiinished story mode so only have to get the 3000 pollen. Goodluck all I hope you can all find a way to finish the game. 1f60a.png

Whelp.. I’m assuming you’re wanting to downgrade just to complete The Big Stink mission? (Otherwise there’s no reason to). If you can’t get your digital save to work with your disc copy, I would say it’d still be worth replaying the whole game again using version 1.00 from your disc copy. It’s not a big game (can be finished in 2 days) and you’ve already gone out and bought the physical copy as well so you’ve spent money on both versions. I’m sure you’d want to get your money’s worth now and a shiny new plat after all that so you still get some thing out of it ?.

You can easily do the main story in about an hour and just get that last side quest. I can't seem to get the digital version to download at V1.0 and I'm not paying 40 bucks for a physical copy.

On 12/7/2020 at 6:38 AM, AgentSmiz said:

Yeah, I've just been stung with this glitch (pun intended).

Thought I might have avoided it when the mission started but it's the second stage of it that is glitched. The race doesn't trigger correctly and, even if you catch up to the fly, it won't complete. Even tried waiting for it to do a lap to cut it off and nope - didn't work. Game, whilst an enjoyable enough experience, does seem a bit glitchy with trophies. Got the one for getting all challenges before the dance challenge one, meaning at some point, a dance challenge registered as complete for the total challenges but not for the category.

I'm part way through a second playthrough of this anyway as I missed another mission trophy so when the Big Stink mission becomes available, I'll have another go. Otherwise, it's waiting for a patch that may or may not ever happen. Whilst it is frustrating, I'm not going to spend ages faffing around with various IP settings and update versions to get an earlier version just to get the platinum in Bee Simulator.

Edit: Mission was still bugged (pun intended again)  so it looks like no trophy until patched.

You can tell it's bugged at the start because it doesn't keep track of the distance and your failed rings like the other race missions.

• 4 months later...
15 minutes ago, Donath02 said:

Patch 1.03 dropped today and im curious if they finally fixed this bug, anyone able to confirm this?

I'd like to know the answer to this as well, because the game is currently on deep sale and I will pick it up if the Plat is now obtainable without having to downgrade to v1.00 :).

10 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I'd like to know the answer to this as well, because the game is currently on deep sale and I will pick it up if the Plat is now obtainable without having to downgrade to v1.00 :).

I confirm It Is now obtainable, I just got the trophy, marker Is still little off.

Edited by boniosuproCOMIC
  • Like 4