Letting people hunt trophies for you

pineapplerobbie

On 19-9-2020 at 1:41 AM, saiyanbloodstyle said:

How much do you get payed for it?

One person offered me 20 bucks, another said that i could just download the games he has on his account, another offered me 50 bucks. I’ve never accepted any of the others though, so I don’t know if these people actually end up paying you

I've had people message me asking if I had tips on how to get a difficult trophy that I had, but no one has ever asked me to do it for them, let alone offered me compensation for it.  If they did, I guess I'd be tempted to take them up on it, but I'd never want someone to get a trophy for me.  Even if no one ever knew, the trophies aren't for other people, they're for me, and I'd know.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had people ask me as well. I always politely decline. If people choose to pay others to get trophies for them, that's their choice, but I can't help them with it. Don't get me wrong, if it's a multiplayer trophy/boosting group, that is 100% acceptable to me. That or if a person messages me just asking "how did you get that? What did you do?" I have made videos showing me playing it so they can watch, but I won't earn the trophy for them.

58 minutes ago, SoapMacTavish222 said:

I have had people ask me as well. I always politely decline. If people choose to pay others to get trophies for them, that's their choice, but I can't help them with it. Don't get me wrong, if it's a multiplayer trophy/boosting group, that is 100% acceptable to me. That or if a person messages me just asking "how did you get that? What did you do?" I have made videos showing me playing it so they can watch, but I won't earn the trophy for them.

Yeah, I agree. Multiplayer trophy boosting groups are completely different. I don't even look at boosting as anything bad. Most multiplayer trophies are ridiculous to begin with and without a boosting group, you could spend countless hours trying to get them. I always help anyone looking for help. But they have to put in the effort. I am not going to do it for them. I downloaded a really crappy game awhile back. I finished it and had someone ask for help. The game was digital and very large. I had to clean up some room just to redownload it. I had to download it at night and leave the PlayStation on because I didn't have the time to download it during the day. All that just to play for less then 2 mins to help someone with a trophy.

• Like 2

The moment you pay people to get trophies and platinums for you, you have lost credibility as being an actual trophy hunter in my eyes. 

It is cheating. Plain and simple. I’m sort of on the fence with Share Play. You’re basically handing someone else the ropes to get a trophy for you. That’s what Share Play is. 

When it comes to local multiplayer and things like that, I can see Share Play being alright. But most of the time it’s people asking someone to Share Play a trophy because they don’t have the skill and patience to do it themselves. 

...Becomes the Master from Titanfall 2 and Brutality 101 in Batman: Arkham Knight are two trophies that come to mind that generally get a lot of Share Play sessions. It’s just you’re not paying somebody to do the trophy for you. 

The Prestige events in Need for Speed 2015 get a lot of people up in arms so they resort to Share Play and paying people to get on their account and earn the trophies. That’s cheating. You didn’t earn it yourself. 

With multiplayer boosting, you’re still having to play the game with others so you technically are still playing the game. That’s not the same as paying someone to get trophies for you. 

People who feel they need to go to a trophy service and pay somebody should perhaps find a different hobby.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I've been tempted to pay to get a game platinumed. I've not done it though. I went through a stage of playing lots of 'easy' Ratalaika games when my son was born as it meant I could complete a game around having a newborn baby with all that entails. However there are a few of these games that I just can't complete, despite them having like 90% completion rates! I didn't really buy them because I enjoyed playing them, I bought them because I wanted a 20 minute platinum! Now I'm stuck with games like Daggerhood and Squareboy vs. Bullies sat uncompleted on my profile reminding me how crap at gaming I am every day! 

Anyway, I won't pay to get them platinum'd but well annoying how easy they are to complete and yet I can't do it. Slow reactions see! 

• 3 months later...

Okay so, I recently had a friend of mine join my shareplay to try and get this trophy on Vigor because I had tried and tried and tried and TRIED but couldn't even get close to it. He tried, bless him, but failed because of the lag was too bad. The whole time he was trying, though, I couldn't stop thinking "is it worth it if he gets it for me?" and I felt regret towards it, too. So yes, I have thought about this and even tried it, but I think I will skip it from now on. I'm not hardcore when it comes to trophies. Yes, it bugs me when I'm unable to get one, but I think that's more anger towards myself for being too unskilled to unlock it lol