Trend of 1st Party Trophy Lists

Hisuiryu

22 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

People who got the plat are also more inclined to leave positive reviews, recommend to friends and buy a sequel down the road  But at the same time, there are definitely some series out there that have an insanely devoted fanbase that is more determined to get the plats because they love the game even if the plat has a lot of stuff that would put most casual players off.

very true. Like why JRPGs have much higher plat % than they would have otherwise even with lots of collectibles/80 hour plats.missables...JRPG players unite!

23 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

White Knight Chronicles, GT5, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Warhawk, MAG, Eye of Judgement, Sports Champions, Everybody Dance, Singstar, Killzone 2, Modnation Racers...so many easy peasy plats ?

Ain't going to happen.

Too many people would cry and complain that they're too hard. You can add Resistance 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 1 to the list.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Unknown_v2_0 said:

very true. Like why JRPGs have much higher plat % than they would have otherwise even with lots of collectibles/80 hour plats.missables...JRPG players unite!

Especially when you look at sequels compared to the first games, but it's pretty rare to see UR JRPG plats in general.  Another factor could be the regions of the majority of players.  I've definitely noticed JP and AS stacks tend to have higher rarity in JRPGs with stacks.  A worldwide list is going to include those players who are more likely to get the plats and a lot of first party and AAA games tend to have worldwide lists rather than stacks.  That could easily play a part in why JRPGs tend to have higher rarity despite the length and amount of missables.

But sequels definitely are a huge one.  One I find nuts is Trails of Cold Steel 3 and 4.  Going to compare the Japanese rarities since we don't have a NA stack for CS4 yet.  JP CS3 rarity is 31.14% and JP CS4's plat rarity is 33.85%.  CS3 is actually a shorter plat than CS4 since it only requires one playthrough if you play on nightmare and don't miss anything.  CS4 is a longer game and requires two playthroughs to plat at minimum.  They still are longer plats and have a ton of missables so having an uncommon plat is nuts.  I still happily got both plats because I love the games and will be doing CS4 again when it comes out in English in October.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2020 at 4:25 PM, NathanielJohn said:

I don’t mind the easy trophy lists, but I’m getting sick of them hiding all of the hard trophies in DLC.  It’s like they want to lure people in with an easy plat and then *surprise* if you want that one last bronze trophy you have to complete a whole new playthrough on the new mega-ultra difficulty. It just feels cheap.

If you’re going to have difficulty trophies, then have them in the base game from the get-go. Stop making 2 DLC trophies require 3x as much effort as 50 base game trophies.

This is a real good point. I don't quite get the logic behind adding a new harder-than-hard difficulty trophy 4-5 months after launch.

• Like 1